Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woomg View Post
    Thank you very much, Bob.

However, I just heard about new 106K04 will be released in really soon.
    Yep, I will have a busy week I think

Check you PM's I just sent you one.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by rlaursen View Post
      does the zip for the M8 work with lifeforce rom and if not could you create one for it? I installed the M8 zip but I cant get my xbox 360 controller to work. Im using it with the xbox wireless receiver adapter.
      To use Finless patch, you need at least.
      1. Kernel from stock rom (ROM developer did not touch kernel him/her self).
      2. Support init.d feature.

Tip: If your rom do not support the init.d feature, you can try with 'SManager' app from store to run boot script.

Comment

wireless keyboard not working

after installing this zip file, my wireless keyboard (Logitech K200) is not working. it was working without any issues before the update.

it's possible some conflict with new gamepad files?
        can someone confirm similar issue?

device: Tronsmart s89 elite
        ROM: Finless 1.6
        gamepad: Xbox 360 gamepad with dongle is working now
        Tronsmart s89 Elite - Finless 2.1 ROM

Comment

Originally posted by woomg View Post
          To use Finless patch, you need at least.
          1. Kernel from stock rom (ROM developer did not touch kernel him/her self).
          2. Support init.d feature.

Tip: If your rom do not support the init.d feature, you can try with 'SManager' app from store to run boot script.
          both are true so it should work. Is there anyone else here who has got it working with lifeforce rom?

Comment

I just flashed the latest .zip with PS3 support but I still get the "Segmentation Fault" Issue with the sixaxis app. Thanks for the hard work wooming!

Comment

same here.
              the ps3 controller works with the cable.

with bluetooth (wireless) it is recognised but you need to enter a pin code... (the logical ones like 9999, 1111, 1234, 0000 don't work)
              i cannot find a way around it on google...

with the sixaxis apk it is compatible and it is recognised but i get a segmentation error and it does not work...

In short: with the cable the ps3 controller works, wireless not yet...

thanks for the good work up until now

Comment

PS3 Gamepad and BT

I have the same problem with PS3 Gamepad and BT, ok with cable.

Thought i would try Sixaxis on my Samsung Galaxy Phone.
                as per Instructions http://tinyurl.com/pth6h3h.
                Changed mac of Gamepad to match phone
                Detected on Phone and working.

I noticed you will get an error if superuser slow to give access to sixaxis.

Possible something not right EM8 BT and PS3 BT.
                In saying that I have a NYKO mini BT gamepad and that works fine on the EM8 Box.

Further update while watching to sequence of events on PHONE using Sixaxis

Driver Started
                Touchscreen device created successfully
                Successfully configured bluetooth.......... This does not happen and stops on EM8
                Listening for controllers........................ Does not happen on EM8
                Client 1 connected [Battery status: Full].. Does not happen on EM8

Xbox 360 Wireless
                Xbox 360 wireless does work with the use of the PC wireless Gaming receiver in usb port
                Rob
                Last edited by trebor; 06-26-2014, 10:37. Reason: UPDATE
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by alucard369 View Post
                  same here.
                  the ps3 controller works with the cable.

with bluetooth (wireless) it is recognised but you need to enter a pin code... (the logical ones like 9999, 1111, 1234, 0000 don't work)
                  i cannot find a way around it on google...

with the sixaxis apk it is compatible and it is recognised but i get a segmentation error and it does not work...

In short: with the cable the ps3 controller works, wireless not yet...

thanks for the good work up until now
                  To get the ps3 controller working with the em8 via bluetooth, i went to system settings, turned on bluetooth and also enabled bluedroid or whatever the option is called, then went to scan for devices and then held down the ps button on the controller.

The ps3 controller should show up and attempt to pair without a code.

Keep in mind that the led's on the controller will continue to flash due to the missing kernel led entry, but the screen should now say that the ps3 controller is connected and you should now be able to navigate the android menu's etc with the controller.

Apps should also be able to pick up the controller now.

To disconnect the controller from the box, you will need to disable bluetooth on the box.

The segfault with sixaxis controller is likely an app issue - but you really dont need it now as the controller works fine via normal android bt stack.

Comment

Originally posted by firestorm2yk View Post
                    To get the ps3 controller working with the em8 via bluetooth, i went to system settings, turned on bluetooth and also enabled bluedroid or whatever the option is called, then went to scan for devices and then held down the ps button on the controller.

The ps3 controller should show up and attempt to pair without a code.

Keep in mind that the led's on the controller will continue to flash due to the missing kernel led entry, but the screen should now say that the ps3 controller is connected and you should now be able to navigate the android menu's etc with the controller.

Apps should also be able to pick up the controller now.

To disconnect the controller from the box, you will need to disable bluetooth on the box.

The segfault with sixaxis controller is likely an app issue - but you really dont need it now as the controller works fine via normal android bt stack.
                    firestorm2yk,

What is the "turned on bluetooth and also enabled bluedroid or whatever the option is called"?
                    In my S82 box, there is no option like 'bluedroid' or something like that. If possible, would you please give me screenshot of your bluetooth setup screen? I guess it will be problem who hasn't same option in setup.

Thanks,
                    MG

Comment

PS3 wireless controller on S82

I just found S82's kernel missed 'RFKILL_INPUT' feature which is in EM8. It is related with WLAN and BT. However, I can not compile as module because whole kernel re-compilation needed.

Regards,

Comment

I also can't get the ps3 controller to work, I still get the segmentation fault with sixaxis app. im using the minix x8-h, Also tried going to device/settings/bluetooth,activate Bluetooth search for devices it will find the ps3 controller but its asks for a pin code???
                        Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                          I also can't get the ps3 controller to work, I still get the segmentation fault with sixaxis app. im using the minix x8-h, Also tried going to device/settings/bluetooth,activate Bluetooth search for devices it will find the ps3 controller but its asks for a pin code???
                          Looks like im in the same boat now. Ive been trying for about a day now to get the ps3 controller working via bt and it just wont stay paired again. It reconnected once for 20 seconds and then lost connection and hasn't reconnected since.

Im going to keep trying over the weekend and see if I can get it working again.

Comment

Vega S89H.
                            Installed latest Finless Rom v1.8 and flashed s82_s89_xbox_ps3_install.zip from the recovery.
                            Absolutely nothing works - nor the wired or wireless PS3 connected gamepad.

After unsuccessful try, installed sixaxis controller app, got standart "segmenation fault" message.
                            Gamepads are paired to TVBox bluetooth mac adress using sixaxis pair tool. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Cathode View Post
                              Vega S89H.
                              Installed latest Finless Rom v1.8 and flashed s82_s89_xbox_ps3_install.zip from the recovery.
                              Absolutely nothing works - nor the wired or wireless PS3 connected gamepad.

After unsuccessful try, installed sixaxis controller app, got standart "segmenation fault" message.
                              Gamepads are paired to TVBox bluetooth mac adress using sixaxis pair tool. Any suggestions?
                              I think in the latest 1.8 Bob has implemended the drivers so you did'nt have to install them did you try first without flash the s82_s89_xbox_ps3_install.zip if it was working?

Comment

Tried clean install, no luck. Absolutely no reaction to wired or wireless connection. None devices are visible in the bluetooth list.

Same "segmentation fault" error in sixaxis app, however it sees the gamepad in the "updating gamepad MAC address" option, because accessing to the connected through USB to the gamepad and changing it's mac successfully.
                                Last edited by Cathode; 07-05-2014, 14:28.

Comment

Working...
                                X