No announcement yet.

Does anyone understand AML-AUTOSCRIPT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok great, the directory navigation is similar to DOS - it's been 20 years since I used to have to mess about with these commands!

Thanks!

Comment

dairug@ubuntu:/$ mkimage -A arm -O linux -T script -C none -d amltxtscript aml_autoscript
      mkimage: Can't open aml_autoscript: Permission denied
      dairug@ubuntu:/$

Won't do it - do I need to enable Super User access or something?!

Comment

Originally posted by dairug View Post
        dairug@ubuntu:/$ mkimage -A arm -O linux -T script -C none -d amltxtscript aml_autoscript
        mkimage: Can't open aml_autoscript: Permission denied
        dairug@ubuntu:/$

Won't do it - do I need to enable Super User access or something?!
        You are not in your home folder, you are in root folder!

cd ~

or:

cd /home/dairug and thats where your amltxtscript must be
        If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
        Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

whoops

I can't create the character on my Mac keyboard. When I press "~" in Ubuntu I get ">" Will not work reallyannoying!

Can i move the amltxtscript file to the root folder instead?

Comment

sorry, just seen your other comment.....

Comment

whoops

I can't create the character on my Mac keyboard. When I press "~" in Ubuntu I get ">" Will not work reallyannoying!

Can i move the amltxtscript file to the root folder instead?
              See my last edit in previous post.

cd /home/your_username

Comment

Done - sorry - very rusty indeed!

Ok, I should be good to go. On my card I have :

aml_autoscript just created
                factory_update_param.aml amended to add wipe_data
                mx2update.zip it was lowercase and this matches the factory_update_param.aml
                recovery.img which came packed with this download.
                u-boot.bin which i copied from within the mx2update.zip from the bootloader.img

So it's insert card and toothpick for 7 - 10 seconds?!!

Thanks
                Chris

Comment

Done - sorry - very rusty indeed!

Ok, I should be good to go. On my card I have :

aml_autoscript just created
                  factory_update_param.aml amended to add wipe_data
                  mx2update.zip it was lowercase and this matches the factory_update_param.aml
                  recovery.img which came packed with this download.
                  u-boot.bin which i copied from within the mx2update.zip from the bootloader.img

So it's insert card and toothpick for 7 - 10 seconds?!!

Thanks
                  Chris
                  yep and wait for some time (lets say 30 seconds to minute). After that power off box and rename aml_autoscript to something else (otherwise it will trigger it again). Then continue with normal install using toothpick.

Comment

OK, screen flashed grey briefly then went black and has remained there. Sounds ok to you?

Leave it a minute then power off and remove the aml_autoscript...........

Comment

done that, same has happened a second time. Brief grey flash on screen shortly after toothpick removed then black screen.......................

Could this be the matricom image with the bug that causes the video output issue or did the flash fail?

Cheers

Comment

done that, same has happened a second time. Brief grey flash on screen shortly after toothpick removed then black screen.......................

Could this be the matricom image with the bug that causes the video output issue or did the flash fail?

Cheers
                        Ok, seems now it goes into recovery w/o aml_recovery which is good. Try 1.1.5 fw. I can't recall which matricom fw works on these boxes with new nand. Think it was 1.1.5 that works ok.

Anyway, I think you have lot of info here, so toy.... you cant brick bricked box I'm off to bed now (4:30am here), and not to spam topic here, you can add me to skype: stanislav.vlasic1 or hangout svlasic [at] gmail

Comment

Stan - you're a legend - very grateful and I owe you a beer - look out for it!

Speak soon!
                          Chris

Comment

Just one more update before i head off to sleep................

Tried 1.1.6 matricom. Grey flash, black screen. Changed aml_auto and flashed again. Same result. Rebooted box - straight back into stock android.

1.1.5 full - the mx2update.zip won't extract for me to extract the u-boot.bin
                            1.1.4b - same as above. Get errors when extracting the zip file.

finally tried flashing Amlinux v1.00 and same result as above. Grey flash and black screen - then rename aml_autoscript. Then nothing happens with toothpick after that and finally a reboot gets me back to android as if nothing happened!

I get the feeling this box still wants to resist!

Pick up tomorrow!
                            Cheers
                            Chris

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
                              Shorting nand pins 5 and 6 during power on for 2-3 seconds should trigger boot from 'special sdcard' or recovery sdcard.
                              Should... but don't ask me how, but BenniBenassi was able to brick one of his devices as "deap" that it also didn't work (but he was able to recognise "basic life" via UART)...

... I have a copy of the executable that creates the SD card, I can email it to you if you PM me your email address....
                              You can attach it here at the board (as ZIP) or searching for 'free upload' via google to find a free file hoster (e.g. http://www.file-upload.net/) and insert the link, so others also able to have a look at it...

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
                              But when it comes to mx2 boxes, lot of $hit is going on.... there are clones and clones of clones. Original factory (shiningworth) changed nand chip on these devices in one of their latest mx2 batches (now on market are just clones afaik) which is not working well with U-Boot supplied for MX boards by Amlogic (I'm talking about Android 4.2.2 branch), but it works just fine with KitKat sources (uboot, android and kernel).

With mx2 and previous m3 from same factory (aka G-Box midnight) is only mess. 2+ yrs of experience with that manufacturer (starting from m3).
                              THAT's why I'm asking two times for a picture of the PCB !!!
                              RK3288 Devices
                              - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                              - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                              UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                              Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                              Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                              Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Ok Guys - this is the SD card maker.

PCB photo on the way.........

Many Thanks for all the help!

Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X