Does anyone understand AML-AUTOSCRIPT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a further update.

The work I did last night trying to flash matricom - I have now realised that the SD card i used had been prepared using this card maker and I had not reformatted the card prior to attempting the flash.

I reformatted this morning and tried the flash and it would not enter recovery mode at all, the box would just boot as normal.

Finally, I created a third flash this morning using the aml_autoscript that Stane wrote for me, my stock image using the u-boot.bin extracted from the update zip file as well as recovery.img and factory_update and the box will not enter recovery.

I then created the SD card using the SD card maker using the same files and it works.

Honestly, this box is a determined little sod - it is still a case of SD card maker or nothing at the moment.

Still, nothing is every easy!

Cheers
    Chris

Comment

This is a link to the images of the PCB

Cheers
      Chris

Comment

And this is the link to the flash instructions provided by manufacturer.

I have had lengthy discussions with them and they insist this is the only way.

If I want to be able to flash it like other bode son the market I need to buy a different model off them or so they are saying!

Thanks
        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by dairug View Post
          Just one more update before i head off to sleep................

Tried 1.1.6 matricom. Grey flash, black screen. Changed aml_auto and flashed again. Same result. Rebooted box - straight back into stock android.

1.1.5 full - the mx2update.zip won't extract for me to extract the u-boot.bin
          1.1.4b - same as above. Get errors when extracting the zip file.

finally tried flashing Amlinux v1.00 and same result as above. Grey flash and black screen - then rename aml_autoscript. Then nothing happens with toothpick after that and finally a reboot gets me back to android as if nothing happened!

I get the feeling this box still wants to resist!

Pick up tomorrow!
          Cheers
          Chris
          I'm downloading now 1.1.5 fw from matricom. Yes, they encrypted some of their zip files, but its easy to decrypt... Will extract u-boot from it and upload it here.
          If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
          Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Comment

Matricom 1.1.5 U-boot.bin file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...445/u-boot.bin

Comment

hi Stane

Thanks for the U-boot .bin

Still won't let me flash.

Formatted SD card, put the files on the card from the matricom 1.1.5 full RC off their site.
              Added aml auto script we created last night and the uboot you just extracted and nothing happens with toothpick method. The box just boots as normal a few seconds after I take the toothpick out.

As an experiment, i'm formatting the card with the SD card prep tool to see if that will do anything - I suspect I'll get the short grey flash and then a black screen as I got last night under the same conditions.

I even tried flashing my stock firmware this morning using a non-prepared SD card and it won't do it.

This box is a nightmare!

Comment

Slightly different, screen flashes pink for maybe 5 seconds, then grey for a second then goes black again and does nothing. Left it a minute, powered down, removed sd card, changed name of aml_autoscript then repeated process. it flashed pink/grey and then black screen again.

Nothing.

I can't understand how it won't respond to any attempts.

Is there anything that could work through the OTA updater or is that a soft flash that wouldn't flash the correct MTD partitions?

Cheers

Comment

To me, it sounds like 1.1.5 uboot and/or kernel is not compatible with your hardware. Or am I missing something in all this?

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Just tried an OTA update with the same image to see what the result would be, it fails stating "verifying failed please check your package"

There is a tutorial on upgrading from 1.1.4 matricom to 1.1.5 and you have to use their pre-1.1.5 method otherwise 1.1.5 won't install properly.

Cold this be my issue?

My chinese 1.1.4 firmware doesn't have the correct apk that the patch boots from.

If I extract the apk from the matricom 1.1.4 and embed it in my rom - i could reflash my rom, use the matricom patch and then flash 1.1.5?

Complicated but an option maybe?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dairug View Post
                      Just tried an OTA update with the same image to see what the result would be, it fails stating "verifying failed please check your package"

There is a tutorial on upgrading from 1.1.4 matricom to 1.1.5 and you have to use their pre-1.1.5 method otherwise 1.1.5 won't install properly.

Cold this be my issue?

My chinese 1.1.4 firmware doesn't have the correct apk that the patch boots from.

If I extract the apk from the matricom 1.1.4 and embed it in my rom - i could reflash my rom, use the matricom patch and then flash 1.1.5?

Complicated but an option maybe?

Thanks
                      If you are trying to flash an update.zip style ROM using a stock recovery, the update.zip has to be signed with the same keys used by the manufacturer when the recovery was built from source.

If the recovery was built using private signature keys that the manufacturer won't provide, then you need a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP that can skip the signature validation steps.

ShaunMT
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post

If the recovery was built using private signature keys that the manufacturer won't provide, then you need a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP that can skip the signature validation steps.

ShaunMT
                        +100
                        That's why he is getting signature failure
                        "verifying failed please check your package"
                        Different keys I bet!

But the other part of this is the uboot from 1.1.5 will not boot special SDcard at all. Thus that uboot is probably not OK for his hardware. So forgetting the zip package right now, sounds like it's not going to work on his hardware anyway!

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
                          Hi,

aml_autoscript is basically set of u-boot commands packed with U-Boot tool mkimage (available under Linux as part of u-boot-tools package)

sample of script that will load recovery.img from sdcard and boot it:
                          Code:
                          mmcinfo
                          fatload mmc 0 82000000 recovery.img
                          bootm
                          To convert that code to aml_autoscript, save it as txt file, lets say amltxtscript. After that, simple in terminal run command (inside folder where amltxtscript exists):
                          Code:
                          mkimage -A arm -O linux -T script -C none -d amltxtscript aml_autoscript
                          And thats your aml_autoscript.

About MX2: Be warned that bootloader on these boxes is not stored on SPI chip but on nand, so erasing nand will kill bootloader.
                          Thank you for sharing this information. Creating an aml_autoscript from scratch is one of the few things I had never learned how to do from all of my Amlogic research.

ShaunMT
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
                            Shorting nand pins 5 and 6 during power on for 2-3 seconds should trigger boot from 'special sdcard' or recovery sdcard.
                            FYI

In my research and experience, the nand pins that need to be shorted to read bootloader from boot section of external "Rescue" SD card vary from one board to another.

ShaunMT
                            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                              +100
                              Different keys I bet!

But the other part of this is the uboot from 1.1.5 will not boot special SDcard at all. Thus that uboot is probably not OK for his hardware. So forgetting the zip package right now, sounds like it's not going to work on his hardware anyway!

Bob
                              No, Matricom played dirty and encrypted their .zip file using openssl. If you extract recovery.img and examine recovery binary with hex editor you will find openssl commands which will lead you to above

Code:
                              openssl enc -d -aes-128-cbc -in [B]input_file[/B] -out [B]output_file[/B] -k 256645449
                              If you do modifications to decrypted file, resign and encrypt it using same algorithm and key.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                                +100
                                Different keys I bet!

Bob
                                Yeah... his best bet would be to use his stock bootloader, and repackage his desired ROM with a kernel extracted from the stock firmware. Has always worked for me, although it sometimes requires additional modifications to init.rc, system etc...

ShaunMT
                                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Working...
                                X