Does anyone understand AML-AUTOSCRIPT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

I could never get an apk to work properly. When I updated XBMC within android to 13.1 it would work once and then weirdly when you boot the device the next time, 12.3 would be back there again!

I have a recovery image of the same Android but with 13.1 embedded in the recovery image.

You have to prepare the sd card with their sd card maker and then copy the files to the root of SD card. It's the toothpick method for 7 seconds with the SD card inserted and it will flash the image for you.

I tried for weeks to do something useful with these boxes, this was the best I could do with them. It makes XBMC usable but it's still buggy and prone to crashed, especially when it can't quite lock on to a stream. At least it plays 720p without stuttering like it does on the software you are on!

PM me your email address and I'll share it on one drive with you.

Cheers
    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by dairug View Post
      Done - sorry - very rusty indeed!

Ok, I should be good to go. On my card I have :

aml_autoscript just created
      factory_update_param.aml amended to add wipe_data
      mx2update.zip it was lowercase and this matches the factory_update_param.aml
      recovery.img which came packed with this download.
      u-boot.bin which i copied from within the mx2update.zip from the bootloader.img

So it's insert card and toothpick for 7 - 10 seconds?!!

Thanks
      Chris
      Please, post aml_autoscript i just wanted that, but dont have skill do make one.

Comment

Kozmo
        roj

top tip for you, after weeks trying to get any use out of these ****** boxes I struck gold last night!

having previously had a linux build working on these boxes that always failed to boot after the initial flash I tried one last time last night.

The most recent openelec 4.1.2 placed on an sd card and installed using the ota updated app in android works like a charm.

after all of the technical help I have had from everyone it turns out a little luck was in order!

i have tested this and it works just as we'll on this device as it does on a better clone with the correct pcb.

i can finally sell mine on with confidence - I'll never get back the time wasted on getting to this stage but you live and learn!!

I haven't tried recovering back to android but it should be ok using the recovery image on sd card but don't quote me on it!

Didnt bother trying as I don't ever want to see the hopeless software that was installed on this box in the first place!

hope this helps you guys out.

cheers
        chris

Comment

Re: Does anyone understand AML-AUTOSCRIPT?

Originally posted by dairug View Post
          The most recent openelec 4.1.2 placed on an sd card and installed using the ota updated app in android works like a charm.
          hope this helps you guys out.

cheers
          chris
          How did you manage that? I thought the OTA only looks online for the update, not local storage. What version was the OTA.apk? Mine says v1.5 and I don't see an option to update "locally".

EDIT: never mind, just figured it out. I guess I didn't pay enough attention to the options within the app.... totally missed the "Select" button...

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk

Comment

I recommend 4.1.4 you can use external wifi adapters with it. It improves the box dramatically.

The only thing i havent been able to do is upgrade one of this boxes from 4.1.2 manually. I have to reisntall Android then use OTA to isntall new openelec version. It is a bit tedious.

Comment

Originally posted by rojxxx View Post
              I recommend 4.1.4 you can use external wifi adapters with it. It improves the box dramatically.

The only thing i havent been able to do is upgrade one of this boxes from 4.1.2 manually. I have to reisntall Android then use OTA to isntall new openelec version. It is a bit tedious.
              Do you mean OpenElec 4.1.4? I think @codesnake released up to 4.1.2 over at Matricom forum...

Sent from my Mobile Communication Device

Comment

I believe 4.1.4 was last released. you can find it in XDA forums not matricoms. There is a link somewhere in the Matricom thread to where he was oing to post the new releases.

Comment

Originally posted by rojxxx View Post
                  I believe 4.1.4 was last released. you can find it in XDA forums not matricoms. There is a link somewhere in the Matricom thread to where he was oing to post the new releases.
                  Thank you for that info. I wasn't aware of the XDA thread...

Comment

Thanks for the 4.14 tip.

Does that have the Gotham 13.2 final release on it? Will try it later anyway!

Only issue I'm having with OpenElec is that it seems to time out when scanning my local library and never quite manages to catalogue the entire library. Apart from that it is very stable and works very well with most of the add-ons. It seems to be just as stable on the awful 1.1 board I have as it is on a decent clone I managed to get my hands on.

I think your right though, Openelec only seems to flash nicely over Android 1.1.5 or 1.1.6.

Cheers
                    Chris

Comment

Originally posted by kozmo2k4 View Post
                      Thank you for that info. I wasn't aware of the XDA thread...

Do you mean this thread (Openelec 4.1.4 gbox xda)?
                      This is a port of OpenELEC for devices based on Amlogic chips. Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Center (OpenELEC) is a small Linux distribution built from scratch as a platform to turn your device into an XBMC media center. Currently only...
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                        Do you mean this thread (Openelec 4.1.4 gbox xda)?
                        http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...boxes-t2832289
                        Yes, that thread...

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by kozmo2k4; 08-28-2014, 04:17.

Comment

Working...
                        X