Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this an good option? [MXIII Amlogic S802]

Hello!
    I'm looking for a Android TV BOX, and I have been looking on this one.
    Is this a good box for the price, and will it run XBMC good? And how is the comunity around this?

Please come with other suggestions if you have. My budget is around/under $100.

Thank you!
    Last edited by Noreg; 08-23-2014, 09:57. Reason: run, not rub

Dont have it but i hear good things about it and the 2g/8g is compatiple with all the avalaible roms here i would also look at the beelink m7b and m8b next week i will get them and either one is at your price range

Comment

Yes, important is that you get one with 2GB RAM (NOT 1GB), then you are able to use the same FW as all the round ones (beelink, tronsmart...)
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Thanks for gret answers
        But compared to the RPi, does some of you know how good it runs XBMC, and how the video playback is?

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post
          Thanks for gret answers
          But compared to the RPi, does some of you know how good it runs XBMC, and how the video playback is?
          XBMC is good in Amlogic Platform, it should faster and smooth than PRI. I have tested the newest rk3288 device and the amlogic s802 device, for video playback, the amlogic is winner (if you don't need the h.265 right now).
          so for your budget, i recommend the tronsmart vega s89 elite, lots of the roms support here. compare with MXIII, the pcba quality is not the same. i open both and compare.

also if you just need XBMC, you also can consider the dual core amlogic mx tv box, like CMX which sell in my site.

Eric
          Looking for developers
          http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

Originally posted by Noreg View Post
            Thanks for gret answers
            Fast and quick at GUI and nice picture quality, but at the moment (and I think they will be able to fix it really fast, because all wait for new SDK for s802 from amlogic because of this) there exist some little problems with sometimes little (micro)stuttering at 23,976 fps...
            But what you have to know is, that generally at Android the "adjust refresh rate to video" doesn't work, so you have to switch manually to 24fps at Android-settings if you want/need it (I watch every video at 60Hz )
            Last edited by no_spam_for_me; 08-23-2014, 17:18.
            RK3288 Devices
            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I think I'm going for the MXIII 2GB. It looks pretty nice, and I hope it works great too

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
                XBMC is good in Amlogic Platform, it should faster and smooth than PRI. I have tested the newest rk3288 device and the amlogic s802 device, for video playback, the amlogic is winner (if you don't need the h.265 right now).
                so for your budget, i recommend the tronsmart vega s89 elite, lots of the roms support here. compare with MXIII, the pcba quality is not the same. i open both and compare.

also if you just need XBMC, you also can consider the dual core amlogic mx tv box, like CMX which sell in my site.

Eric
                What exactly are the differences between the pcba's?

Comment

Originally posted by Lude View Post
                  What exactly are the differences between the pcba's?
                  missing parts....

Comment

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                    missing parts....
                    ... at MXIII
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Missing parts :0 what will this result in? It may stop after a while or not work at all?

Comment

=> http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post207275
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Working...
                        X