Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zoomtak T8 and M8 official firmwares

Hi,

I talked to Zoomtak SW engineer about doubts which device is which.

Here are list of Zoomtak S802 devices:
    • T8 (single band wifi - 8188eu, without bluetooth)
    • T8 V2 (dual band wifi with bluetooth)
    • M8 (dual band wifi with bluetooth)
    T8 V2 and M8 devices uses same firmware (as it's same hardware in different packaging).

There are two ways of identifying T8 device. 1st, if you don't have Bluetooth settings in Settings app, you have T8 (first version), otherwise T8 V2. 2nd, on bottom of box should be written on sticker V2 which stands for T8 V2 version.

Install instructions:
    Download all files, put them to root of sdcard and power device on with recovery button pressed or select .zip file from Upgrade app inside Android.

These are not mine firmwares so I don't accept feature requests lol, but you can write some feedback here, maybe Zoomtak staff will read this thread

Zoomtak firmware 3.4.2:Zoomtak firmware 3.4.0:
    Last edited by stane1983; 07-17-2016, 21:20. Reason: Links updated
    If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
    Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com

Originally posted by stane1983 View Post
    Hi,

T8 V2 and M8 devices uses same firmware (as it's same hardware in different packaging).

There are two ways of identifying T8 device. 1st, if you don't have Bluetooth settings in Settings app, you have T8 (first version), otherwise T8 V2. 2nd, on bottom of box should be written on sticker V2 which stands for T8 V2 version.

Install instructions:
    Download all files, put them to root of sdcard and power device on with recovery button pressed or select .zip file from Upgrade app inside Android.

These are not mine firmwares so I don't accept feature requests lol, but you can write some feedback here, maybe Zoomtak staff will read this thread

Zoomtak firmware 3.0.1:
    Do u try that T8v2&M8 fw?is it from latest sdk or no?can i try that on eny m8 v092

Comment

Originally posted by bajann View Post
      Do u try that T8v2&M8 fw?is it from latest sdk or no?can i try that on eny m8 v092
      Please leave this kind of questions out of this thread. I saw guys asking for official Zoomtak firmware and I promised them I'll contact their sw engineer and provide links. I don't have any changelog or anything like that. I don't have Zoomtak T8v2 or M8 device, I have ony T8 first version device on which I did not yet installed 3.0.1.

And answer in short is NO because if not bricking your device, you will loose remote functionality.

Comment

Please leave this kind of questions out of this thread. I saw guys asking for official Zoomtak firmware and I promised them I'll contact their sw engineer and provide links. I don't have any changelog or anything like that. I don't have Zoomtak T8v2 or M8 device, I have ony T8 first version device on which I did not yet installed 3.0.1.

And answer in short is NO because if not bricking your device, you will loose remote functionality.
        Ok ty i didnt know u dont have square m8,nvm

Comment

Hi,

Install instructions:

Zoomtak firmware 3.0.1:
          When you talk about M8 & T8 - I assume that you mean the new M8 in the aluminium case & NOT the old plastic M8?
          Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever

Comment

Originally posted by jellywobbles View Post
            When you talk about M8 & T8 - I assume that you mean the new M8 in the aluminium case & NOT the old plastic M8?
            Yes, same metal case that was used on Zoomtak M6 devices.

Comment

Yes, same metal case that was used on Zoomtak M6 devices.
              Cheers - I have a new M8 so will test - thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jellywobbles View Post
                Cheers - I have a new M8 so will test - thanks

you will find that some things work other don't, cannot remember now been over 1 month

could of been the launcher I think been too long
                Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                  you find that some things work other don't

cannot remember now been over 1 month
                  OK - thanks. In actual fact I am very happy with the current firmware - the box flies

Comment

Latest Firmware

Is this still the latest firmware? How easy is it to modify the firmware so that apps auto install like on other boxes sold on **** (likes of droidsticks etc)

Comment

New version

Version 3.1.1 in first post for T8v2 and M8. I don't have changelog.

Comment

M8 Black Plastic Case

It works in M8 Plastic Case?

Hi,

Install instructions:

Zoomtak firmware 3.1.1:

Zoomtak firmware 3.0.1:

Comment

Hello,
                          I upgraded to the new firmware 3.1.1. However, my T8 keeps rebooting randomly. Can you please post the older firmware again? the posted link is not working anymore
                          Thanks in advance

Comment

Please upload the firmware again.
                            This download link does not work.

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi,

Install instructions:

Zoomtak firmware 3.1.1:

Zoomtak firmware 3.0.1:

Comment

Zoomtak T8 and M8 official firmwares

Will this firmware be compatible to my T8..V1 single band wifi...i didnt buy from zoomtak..but it looks the same....is this the latest firmware.??anybody tried it here pls..give feedback..thanks ..my T8 is the black one.

Comment

Working...
                              X