NEW - Total Revolution MK1 s802 - Finless rom 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - Total Revolution MK1 s802 - Finless rom 1.0

I got sent this box and finally made a ROM for is. I have no idea who actually makes this board Venz or something like that. Anyway info here:

This was made from a stock AMLogic SDK based ROM with parts ported from the Stock ROM and some other goodies.

Features and release notes for my 1.0 ROM:

1) It roots the ROM properly and is not using any scripts!
    Let me tell you Rooting on Kitkat in the ROM itself gets harder all the time to do it correctly and not using scripts! Once again due to changes with SuperUser and SU with SELinux, it was more difficult to root the ROM so it did not need to update the SU binary on firt boot! Enjoy...

2) Updated Google framework core files. The ones in the stock ROM were out of date.
    On first boot NOTHING will need to be updated once you logon to Google Play.
    That is as of this date.

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
    There was quite a few useless apps! Some I have no clue what they even were!
    I did remove XBMC and other pre-install APPs as well. I like a CLEAN ROM that you the user can setup the way you want.
    Having APPs in /system leaves that junk in there forever (unless you delete them by hand with a root explorer).
    NOTE: The XBMC that came with the stock ROM is in this ZIP package. Feel free to install it if you like.

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!

5) I add the AOSP Launcher and modified several things:
    Removed the google search bar by request.
    Added more than one screen for scrolling.
    Updated the dock icons to things more useful.
    Apps installed with Google Play will automatically be added to the home screen.
    I think you will like this launcher better

6) Calendar and Contacts sync is added and works.

7) I give you a TWRP recovery! Yes this flashes a TWRP recovery to NAND.
    However, understand how recovery works.
    If you put a recovery.img on External SDcard the box will boot that recovery instead of TWRP in NAND.
    In this package I give you a stock recovery flasher. This ZIP will install the stock recovery to NAND if you don't want TWRP.
    Or you can open this zip and you will see recovery.img.
    Just copy that out and put it on SDcard anytime you want to use the stock recovery instead of TWRP.
    See the README in the recovery folder for more details.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device (Nexus 10) that will show almost any APP as compatible.

9) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to recovery for easier updates.

10) Adjusted some permissions so stock XBMC/KODI works.

11) There was an APP in the stock ROM called NANDKEY. I think this allows you to change your MAC address?
    But I am not sure and I do not know how to use it! It was all in Chinese so I translated it to English.
    I left it in the ROM as a pre-install APP (can be uninstalled). Maybe someone knows what ti si for?

12) Carrier spoofs for better APP compatibility.

13) Fixed issues with some streaming APPs like Bell TV.

14) The usual tweaks I do for better performance e.g. TCP buffers sizes, etc etc.

15) Did a little "themeing" to the AOSP Launcher stock wallpaper.

16) Updated the boot logo to show if your booting up in 1080 or 720.

DO NOT just copy this download ZIP to SDcard and expect it to work!
    UNZIP it and read the README for instructions!

OK so here is the download!

READ the README.TXT in the zip for instructions!

ROM -> Total Revolution MK1 - Finless ROM 1.0 (424 megs)

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

well done mate.
    Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Very excited to try this out, that's my plans for the day gone tits up - this gets priority!
      Thank you very much, I think you've just delivered a fantastic early Christmas pressie for a lot of people

Comment

This is great news and i know lot's of TRMK1 users have been waiting for it...
        Can wait to try it out myself... Cheers Bob!!
        Three days of testing can save 10 minutes reading manuals

Comment

Re: NEW - Total Revolution MK1 s802 - Finless rom 1.0

Hi bob
          first off let me thank you for your time and effort you have put into this rom, its very much appreciated!
          one thing i have noticed though on the stock rom while playing a video the osd shows as having 4 cores but on all custom android roms it only shows as 2, any ideas as to why?

Many thanks and all the best

Paul

Comment

thanks Bob can't wait to get this flashed
            foz

Comment

Oh, how I've been waiting for this!

Looking forward to my first experience of your work, Bob. Thanks for spending your time working on the ROM.

Comment

I'll be downloading this and flashing it on to my box at the weekend when I'll have some time.
                Big Thanks to you Bob for taking time to create this ROM.

Comment

here a minor tweak that you can flash on top of finless rom v1.0.

1. patches cpu 96mhz to 1992Mhz (usually comes in finless pack)
                  2. xbmc with frequency swutcher ( you may need to uninstall the previous one)
                  3. Can Flash back to Finless stock again

keep eye on temps

TRMK1 Minor Tweak

unzip once flash via andriod ui or toothpick , and xbmc via app install

As alway use as your one risk!!!
                  Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

Hi bob got to say the rom is asweome, been playing with it for the last 24h. I have the dual sided wireless usb air mouse remote that came with the premium package, I can use the power button on the remote to put the box into standby but it wont wake it again.
                    On speaking wih another member he noticed the same issue with his dual sided remote, he also has the ir remote for it and the ir one with put it in standby and wake it.
                    Is there anything you could do to help those of us with the air mouse remote out?

Many many thanks again

Paul

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by chunk1982 View Post
                      Hi bob got to say the rom is asweome, been playing with it for the last 24h. I have the dual sided wireless usb air mouse remote that came with the premium package, I can use the power button on the remote to put the box into standby but it wont wake it again.
                      On speaking wih another member he noticed the same issue with his dual sided remote, he also has the ir remote for it and the ir one with put it in standby and wake it.
                      Is there anything you could do to help those of us with the air mouse remote out?

Many many thanks again

Paul

AML added to latest SDK a USB power down of .25MV. This is so USB hard drives will spin down.
                      This causes any USB based remote to not be able to wake it back up. I have tried to fix this but without kernel sources and someone good at kernel compiling (not me) will be the ONLY way to fix it. Trust me this is a complaint on many AML S802 ROMs since about July.

Bob
                      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thank you so much for the info

All the best

Paul

Comment

Thank you for this, it is amazing

Comment

hey finless thanks for the rom. I have flashed using sd card method and toothpick, updated then went to the finless bob rom screen and this just keeps flashing on and off. Any ideas? i did come from justme openelec rom if that helps.

Comment

@AVD: I used the toothpick method and it worked no probs but I came from the Codesnake OE - not sure what recovery that uses but you could try flashing the CS one first as I vaguely remember some users having an issue flashing certain roms from the JM one in the past. Not sure why that would be the case and purely guessing here but the only thing I can think is that it's something to do with the recovery that installs.

@JM: Thanks for posting those files, I'll give them a whirl

@Bob: Top notch as always, I'm running the oman 13.2 build and it's really impressive - wi-fi appears to be very good and I've been streaming 1080p videos all day with no issues and no dropped/skipped frames (apart from the usual few at the very start of the stream). One thing I did encounter was a dialog popped up 3 or 4 times regarding an error with com.android.vending but then it stopped after that and never saw it again, if I try and open the android app (presumably the new play store?) it fails with the same error but I guess if I entered details of a google account that might fix that. Smashing work fella, cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X