NEW - Keedox S802 Finless ROM 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW - Keedox S802 Finless ROM 1.0

Hey folks..... Got this box about a month ago and tried to work on a ROM for it.

BUT the stock ROM was protected! So I gave up for a while. In fact I was thinking of sending this unit back to them and telling them to forget it...

Anyway, job done....

PLEASE NOTE BEFORE YOU FLASH THIS ROM!

Keedox went out of there way to protect this box from custom ROMS or modifications!
    And to keep their ROM from working on other boxes.
    Man this was a lot of work to figure out.
    Basically a custom bootloader and a brain dead recovery!
    They also modified SELinux policies so a recovery on SDcard will not install anything properly.
    But I figured it out anyway...
    Keedox.... try as you might, a good programmer will crack whatever you do!
    You can only do so much with Android!
    Seems you wasted good programmer time trying to protect Android which should not be anyway!

PLEASE NOTE: going back to the STOCK ROM requires my stock ROM update package!
    You cannot just flash the stock ROM ZIP as it will not boot.
    I have made a stock ROM recovery installer. You can download it below.
    FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION IN THAT RECOVERY PACKAGE TO THE LETTER!

Features and release notes for my 1.0 ROM:

1) It roots the ROM properly and is not using any scripts!
    Let me tell you Rooting on Kitkat in the ROM itself gets harder all the time to do it correctly and not using scripts!

2) Updated Google framework core files. The ones in the stock ROM were out of date.
    On first boot NOTHING will need to be updated once you logon to Google Play.
    That is as of this date.

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
    There was quite a few useless apps! Some I have no clue what they even were!
    I did remove XBMC and other pre-install APPs as well. I like a CLEAN ROM that you the user can setup the way you want.
    Having APPs in /system leaves that junk in there forever (unless you delete them by hand with a root explorer).
    NOTE: The XBMC that came with the stock ROM is in this ZIP package. Feel free to install it if you like.

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
    This time around due to updated security in 4.4, init.d was a lot harder to get working.
    Again I had to figure it out!

5) I add the AOSP Launcher and modified several things:
    Removed the Google search bar by request.
    Added more than one screen for scrolling.
    Updated the dock icons to things more useful.
    Apps installed with Google Play will automatically be added to the home screen.
    I think you will like this launcher better

6) Calendar and Contacts sync is added and works.

7) I give you a TWRP recovery! Yes this flashes a TWRP recovery to NAND.
    However, understand how recovery works.
    If you put a recovery.img on External SDcard the box will boot that recovery instead of TWRP in NAND.
    If you want to use the standard recovery, you can open this zip and you will see recovery.img.
    Just copy that out and put it on SDcard anytime you want to use the stock recovery instead of TWRP.

8) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device (Nexus 10) that will show almost any APP as compatible.

9) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to recovery for easier updates.

10) Adjusted some permissions so stock XBMC/KODI works.

11) Carrier spoofs for better APP compatibility.

12) Fixed issues with some streaming APPs like Bell TV.

13) The usual tweaks I do for better performance e.g. TCP buffers sizes, etc etc.

14) Did a little "themeing" to the AOSP Launcher stock wallpaper.

15) Updated the boot logo to show if your booting up in 1080 or 720.

DO NOT just copy this download ZIP to SDcard and expect it to work!
    UNZIP it and read the README for instructions!

OK so here are the downloads!

READ the README.TXT in the zip for instructions!

ROM -> Keedox S802 box - Finless ROM 1.0 (408 megs)

ROM -> Keedox S802 box - Stock ROM Recovery (362 megs)

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Thanks Bob!! I've been looking for something like this for quite a while. Tried using TWRP to copy Keedox rom to another M8 box (K200) but that didn't work out so well. I didn't realize Keedox was messing with it.
    I will try this when I get home from work.

-Iflyrctoo

Comment

No sound

Loaded the rom and tried it. I can't seem to get any sound to work. Tried every option in setup and nothing works. I am using hdmi pass through to a Yamaha 5.1 surround sound system.
      I loaded Kodi 14.0 and couldn't get video to play. Looks like it is trying to play but screen stays black. Loaded the original Xbmc 13.1 and had the same results, no video.
      The blue light on the box remains off all the time now. Don't know if this is normal or not?
      I will keep playing and see if I can figure anything out.

Iflyrctoo

Edit - Got Xbmc working but still no sound.
      Last edited by Iflyrctoo; 12-31-2014, 22:40. Reason: Xbmc now working.

Comment

NO sound and Wifi please help

Your rom is awesome but wifi doesn't work and no sound.

Please help

Tine
        Originally posted by Iflyrctoo View Post
        Loaded the rom and tried it. I can't seem to get any sound to work. Tried every option in setup and nothing works. I am using hdmi pass through to a Yamaha 5.1 surround sound system.
        I loaded Kodi 14.0 and couldn't get video to play. Looks like it is trying to play but screen stays black. Loaded the original Xbmc 13.1 and had the same results, no video.
        The blue light on the box remains off all the time now. Don't know if this is normal or not?
        I will keep playing and see if I can figure anything out.

Iflyrctoo

Edit - Got Xbmc working but still no sound.

Comment

Originally posted by tineprogramming View Post
          Your rom is awesome but wifi doesn't work and no sound.

Please help

Tine
          Don't know what to tell you but this ROM works on my Keedox box no problem. Wifi and sound work fine.

Bob

Comment

Do all Keedox S802 is the same hardware ?

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            Don't know what to tell you but this ROM works on my Keedox box no problem. Wifi and sound work fine.

Bob
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2820.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	436913Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2821.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	178.9 KB
ID:	436914
            This is my keedox box

Comment

Not the same box! My Keedox box is rectangular not square.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                Not the same box! My Keedox box is rectangular not square.

Bob
                Oh I just notice that,btw it running so smooth on my but still have those two problems. Wish the wifi and sound work for mine .

Have a great weekend

Comment

Trying this on an older box

Hey Bob great work you seem to be the only one that i found that has cracked the keedox box. I have the keedox ED052 running jelly bean i bought off of amazon and since i got it i have trying to get away from the terrible stock rom, but keep getting blocked by the SELinux policies. I tryed to flash your files here hoping they were similar enough to get a working recovery but get an error updating the binary. Any way i can adapt what you did here?

Comment

Hi All, Does anyone know if this ROM will work on another box with the s802 Chipset?

The box is an XS S802 from Sourcingbay

thanks
                    ace
                    Last edited by ace9094; 06-19-2015, 23:24. Reason: added link

Comment

Hi Finless (Bob),

I stumbled onto this post in search for an updated firmware for my Keedox M8N. It appears to be not the same as yours (rectangular), but a square version similar to tineprogramming who posted above with photos, which was helpful to distinguish. I am seeking an updated firmware because the current one seems to have issues with such as the remote cannot turn the M8N back on after initially turning the M8N off. Rumor has it that JustMeRom has the Wakeme Scottie, but of course, JustMeRom won't flash on my M8N successfully. Edit (updated 11/09/2016): It turns out that I had to reformat and clear my M8N because there seems to be some bug with the reboot to recovery where it reboots in a recovery loop. I used to reload everything but last night, I only went far as just downloading SMPC and I realized that I can now turn on and off my M8N. So it appears that the infamous remote bug is due to installing at least any of the following apps: Kodi 16.1, Busybox 1.2x, Superuser, and/or Universal Init.D. Those are the apps I can remember off the top of my head. So if I ever have the time to narrow it down to which app that causes the bug, I'll be sure to update this post.

Finless, as you indicated in your first post, it does appear that Keedox has protected the M8N from being updated with any other ROM out there. I experienced such frustration when I kept trying to flash other ROMs to my M8N such as your M8 Finless 1.8 ROM, Megatron v3, JustMe ROMs v1.2-1.6c, and some stock firmwares from China Gadgets Review website, which gave me errors.

The good thing is that my Keedox M8N appears to be rooted, does support init.d (installed app that verified), and can be rebooted to stock Android recovery system (via app).

Since it appears that your ROM slightly works for the Keedox M8N square version but the Wi-Fi and sound are not supported according to tineprogramming post above, I am looking into possibly creating a ROM for the Keedox M8N square version, based off of your ROM and your help if that's okay with you. Please let me know. Thanks.
                      Last edited by hoang51; 11-10-2016, 01:51.

Comment

Working...
                      X