M8 4K OTT TV Box, how to upgrade XBMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8 4K OTT TV Box, how to upgrade XBMC

hi guys I need your help, I have "M8 4K OTT TV Box", and in my Box XBMC is not working, the message showing below I have to update software etc, so I like to know "how to update XBMC".

Thanks for your replies

Originally posted by tester2 View Post
    hi guys I need your help, I have "M8 4K OTT TV Box", and in my Box XBMC is not working, the message showing below I have to update software etc, so I like to know "how to update XBMC".

Thanks for your replies
    What version do you want to upgrade to and is your box a fully loaded. Also what is your current version of kodi(xbmc)

Comment

Originally posted by qpr1991 View Post
      What version do you want to upgrade to and is your box a fully loaded. Also what is your current version of kodi(xbmc)
      hi there, thanks for your reply to my question,
      in my Box system info showing like this, so I like to know which software I have to download and install. please let me know.

Model number : M8N,
      Android version : 4.4.2,
      Build number : KOT49H.20141117 test-keys
      Kernel version : 3.10.33
      aimin.he@wyst #6
      Mon Nov 17 16:52:29 CST 2014

Thanks

Comment

hi there, I downloaded this file "kodi-14.2-Helix_rc1-armeabli-v7a-2.apk", so this file go and sit in Downloads Folder in my Box,
        so I click on "kodi-14.2-Helix_rc1-armeabli-v7a-2.apk" file, after this it shows on top left corner "A Green Robert Photo with HTMLViewer" all white screen, I mean I don't see any thing install on my Box or it is not showing any installer option etc.

so I tried many time download and click to install, but nothing happened till not.

please let me know "How to install this software on this Box"

Thanks again for your help

Comment

Try using the app installer app that (looks like an android logo with the + on top)

Comment

hi there, thanks for your reply, I click on My Apps, then I go to Downloads, once I click on Downloads I can see this file "kodi-14.2-Helix_rc1-armeabli-v7a-2.apk", when I click on it, shows WHITE SCREEN by saying like this "HTMLViewer", after this nothing happened,.

So I like to know is that way I have to install or there is any other way to do this installation.

Thanks

Comment

As I mentioned, try using the app installer. Click on my apps, then look for app installer (instead of going to downloads). Find the .apk file and install it from there, if that doesn't work maybe the .apk file you have is no good?

Comment

download es file explorer and run from there .

Comment

hi thekider, thanks a lot for your help, as you advice me I already install this file,

I install this file /kodi-14.2-Helix_rc1-armeabli-v7a-2.apk

1)--I can watch AL-Jazeera on my TV, but I want to install right software to watch lot on INDIAN Programs & CP24 Canadian News Channel, can you please let me know, which software file is good to install to watch INDIAN programs & CP24 News ?

Please let me know.

thanks
                  Last edited by tester2; 03-20-2015, 18:07.

Comment

If you need help setting up kodi I would recommend looking on youtube, there's a lot of step by step videos on how to set it up.

Comment

hi there, I already install Kodi 14.2 as you advice and I am watching Tv like AL-Jazeera and some other chnls. but i like to know how to program to get CP24 & some Indian Chnls,.

if you direct me few steps that will be great.

Thanks

Comment

hi there, I already install Kodi 14.2 as you advice and I am watching Tv like AL-Jazeera and some other chnls. but i like to know how to program to get CP24 & some Indian Chnls,.

if you direct me few steps that will be great.

Thanks
                        Have a look at https://m.youtube.com/user/hmemar22? He dose alot of tutorials on kodi addons I'm sure you will learn a lot from him.

Comment

I appricate for your great help, I will look and read in the above like, hope I get what I want to watch.

thanks

Comment

i appricate for your great help in this thread, I got some Indian channls now,
                            but if you could let me know the same way, how to get cp24 that will be great, as you know local weather channels is necessary for us, hope you will help me out for cp24 channel,.

thanks

Comment

i appricate for your great help in this thread, I got some Indian channls now,
                              but if you could let me know the same way, how to get cp24 that will be great, as you know local weather channels is necessary for us, hope you will help me out for cp24 channel,.

thanks
                              I dont think this is the place to talk about kodi addons. I will send you a PM with what your looking for.

Comment

Working...
                              X