No announcement yet.

Two bricks in a row

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photo on right i download and blow up says 812 on the mother board....
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

That recovery image gave me an error "parse burning iamge fail" when trying to import it into the USB burning tool. I got my 3rd box, a acemax m8s s812 which came preloaded with openelec/kodi 15.2. I tried running the auto update for kodi to 16.02 rc2 which had errors with the network as in no wifi and the lan line couldn't connect to dhcp correctly. Been trying to flash this one now and it's doing a black screen like the others. When i plug them all in with the network cable I get blinking lights so i know they aren't fully dead. what the heck!

Comment

Knowing what device you have is paromount. Go to s812 thread knowledge section look at jd posts on Unbricking devices.
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

So I got the 3rd box (acemax m8s) which came preloaded with kodi 15.2. I then upgraded kodi to 16.2 which broke the wifi and the network card couldn't connect with my router/dhcp. I then used the usb burning tool to get a recovery rom in place which is some flavor of android/mbox. So I'm up to 3 unusable boxes and tons and tons of rom folders in my downloads folder. I know the usb burning tool works as I have one rom that works with the m8s. I'm struggling to understand why I can't get any of these openelec roms to work with the sd card. In recovery mode I'm getting "sd card cannot be found errors". The mx3 and m8 boxes are still with "no signal" screens so I assume Im stuck using the usb burning tool method but can't find any roms that work with them.

Comment

I was able to get openelec installed for the acemax m8s. This is what I did. I used the usb burning tool to get a recovery android rom installed. From there I did a backup using the openelec m8s update file which installed openelec kodi 16.1

Comment

If you get "parse burning image fail" you must rename img file (remove chinna character)

Comment

for mxiii try sd card method download firmware from here https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byi...RRM3VHSVk/view

Comment

i see that M8 board is M9&M8 8bit V1.1.I foundsd firmware in chinna webpage.I will upload to another server and i will post a link.

Comment

The sd card method work if you put right firmware in sd card.If its right firmware than you will see android logo on your tv and the formatting and installing process with be automatic

Comment

You can download M8 box firmware from this link https://mega.nz/#!kcEzHRiL!Pdtx_-hpR...uVwNJ1k4Ao0BDM

Comment

tani666

this link no longer works any chance you could re post please?
                        cheers
                        jumpy

Comment

try this https://yadi.sk/d/B2EPKnxJtadbV

Comment

Thanks mate worked a treat!

Comment

Originally posted by tani666 View Post
                              Thanks a lot! You solved all my problems with this M8s!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X