Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unroot?

Hi
    Does anyone know if these ProbBox2 EX units can be unrooted? I have just bought the ProBox and the unit is brilliant, apart from the Sky Go application wont work with rooted devices - the error message states it wont work with rooted devices. Obviously the ProBox comes rooted which is great but doesnt help me out with the stupid Sky Go app.
    Things I have tried so far (that didnt work):
    • Installing Xposed framework and RootCloak - didnt work, however the RootCloak site does say the Sky Go app wont work with this.
    • Installing the "Hide my Root" from the Play store and following the instructions. I tried both hiding the binaries and removing SuperSU but no joy.
    • Choosing the Full Unroot Clean option in SuperSU - this kinda just hangs. The message stays on screen removing root but the unit doesnt reboot or do anything

Thanks in advance

Before you unroot... You should try the following....

Download the following to your Probox / PC...
    1) Rooted SSH/SFTP Daemon
    2) WinSCP
    3) Notepad++
    4) Not really necessary, but worth installing is.. Putty

Then setup Rooted SSH/SFTP up though the settings.. (i.e. with a unique password), and start the service. It should display an IP Address on the Screen. Using that IP Address you can then use WinSCP to log into said IP Address (Usually as root:<PASSWORD>).

Once you're logged into your Device, point towards /system/, and locate the build.prop. If you have Notepad++ installed (and you should!), you should be able to open the build.prop file inside of it, and be able to read & edit it....

What you have to do is to scroll down a bit until you locate "media.amplayer.widevineenable=" ~ca line 133, and change the default value from "false" to "True", and reboot....
    It's not a 100% panacea, and I can NOT tell you about SkyGo, as I do not ave access to it, or even the German version. But, this will reactivate some of the missing Widevine DRM Files, that were overlooked in the Factory. If you're like me however and, snagged the few free SD Movies that Google were giving away last Christmas. Those should now be able to play on the Device. Otherwise, IIRC it was just audio only.

If that's still not cutting it for you... Then you need to look in App Drawer, and scroll down / over (Or otherwise!), Till you can find the SuperSU App. Opening this, and going though its settings should present itself with an option to unroot the Device.

Comment

Working...
    X