Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are asking very basic use stuff. My suggestion to you is learn more before flashing any ROMs.
    Sorry but I cannot teach you basic things as I would have to type up a book to do it and I have no time for that!

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

anhvustore, I have some answers for you:

1) The apps on the tv box. I could not find a link the explains how to launch an app on android, but my 2yr old has figured it out.

2) There are no tools to test the flashing process on your PC. You can't technically break it, it can always be recovered with some work; just follow instructions and everything will be fine.

3) Add an external antenna. There is no "easy" way to do this.

Comment

i newly owned beelink m8 round red/black 16 gb tvbox with 101k4 fw.
        i guess this root instructions work forme too.any risk for me?
        is there any other root methods for m8 beelink?
        i downloaded 102k4 6210 fw but image is 600mb.but roms or fws which r in this forum 300mb?why?
        i wont install new fws yet.bcs works well now and no need for min.improvemets.so any reason for jumping new rom/fws now?

web browser sometimes kicks me off while browsing pages.also dont see history section in 4.4 stock web browser.any idea about that?older 4.2.2 has history pages option.

how can i play games on tvbox with my tablet as a controler.

m8 beelink dont support flash player,i guess.anyone did work flash in anyways?

sometimes while sleeping mode tv box led goes blue then red again.dont know why but after firstday use it stuck and cant turnon even power button.unplug ac and plug again to work it.??sorry for several questions but i should ask all.thanks for all answers for now.

Comment

Yes you can root your device with this...
          BUT I think you download the wrong FW version, because I think your device also use 5GHz WiFi, so you need '6330' instead of '6210'...
          The FW here at forum are packed/compressed by .ZIP and you download a .IMG ... and that what you find here at the forum use another way to flash (it's via SD-card instead of using PC and OTG)...
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

thanks a million... worked flawlessly on my s89-h !
            Sent from my Commodore 64 using Geos
            My devices:
            Tronsmart Vega S89-H: running stock 104k4 rom, rooted & racky's cpu fix.
            Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1: running KK's dual boot kernel, Phil's touch recovery & de-bloated, over-clocked and rooted stock rom.
            Samsung Galaxy S3: stock until warrany is over lol running JB 4.3 ...
            HTC Incredible S: Venom rom, 'kangaroo' kernel, overclocked to 2Ghz & still kicking the Sammy's butt!

Comment

lost root

Super SU saying I don't have root now do I reroot the same way?

Comment

Just a small heads-up
                Make sure.. no other update/firmware zip files are present

My s89h came with 107k4..
                I decided to download.. the root.zip
                Desktop/update/root.zip file (button update / reboot /recovery)
                -But.. then.. it found finless1.6sd.zip and updated.. without error (it seems)

Because.. i was suprissed to see..104k..after the wizard..it rebooted..and now it just locks-up on bootscreen

Anyway.. lesson learned

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
                  Just a small heads-up
                  Make sure.. no other update/firmware zip files are present

My s89h came with 107k4..
                  I decided to download.. the root.zip
                  Desktop/update/root.zip file (button update / reboot /recovery)
                  -But.. then.. it found finless1.6sd.zip and updated.. without error (it seems)

Because.. i was suprissed to see..104k..after the wizard..it rebooted..and now it just locks-up on bootscreen

Anyway.. lesson learned

hehehehe... me too (and you have no idea how often I forget to disconnect otg so it boots to recovery for USB tool... and I'm waiting and waiting and... )

It happens because of 'factory_update_param.aml' at SD root... If recovery found it, it runs straightaway to flashing...
                  RK3288 Devices
                  - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                  Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                  Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                  Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Root failed

Hi,

I tried to run this root update on my vega 89-h, from a micro sd card, but ti would not read it for some reason.

The card I am using is micro sdhc, is it any different then micro sd?

I tried to copy the root zip to a usb stick and managed to select it from the update tool, but when booting to recovery console I cannot access it neither via sdcard nor via udisk.

Is it possible to maybe flash a different bootloader which will have access to usb disks as well during recovery? (Similar to the one you flash on cell phones for example)

Also it seems that the sd card I am inserting does nto fit well in the card slot - there is no click when I insert it and it looks to be unstable there or so... (I am guessing that I am putting it in the right slot and according to the right direction, would be embarassing if not)

Any ideas on how to make the root work without sdcard?
                    Last edited by max.shifrin; 07-23-2014, 06:49. Reason: Question changed

Comment

Hi,
                      A "stock ROM" is the native ROM ?
                      Do the data and programs will be cleared after installation ?

Comment

Originally posted by PES View Post
                        Hi,
                        A "stock ROM" is the native ROM ?
                        Do the data and programs will be cleared after installation ?
                        Yes factory rom.
                        Yes everything is like a virgin.
                        RK3288 Devices
                        - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

I tries to run this on 107K4 (stock ROM) on my S89 Standard.

Everything seemed to run OK.

When I run Root Checker app should it indicate root is OK? I get no root !!

How can I make sure my device is rooted?

Comment

Titanium backup need root
                            maybe you can check with it
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                              Yes factory rom.
                              Yes everything is like a virgin.
                              Thank a lot, I'm root now ... but my datas and apps are already in the system ... I haven't loose anything... TOP for me

Comment

Originally posted by PES View Post
                                Thank a lot, I'm root now ... but my datas and apps are already in the system ... I haven't loose anything... TOP for me
                                Which stock version do you use? Maybe they have changed something...
                                RK3288 Devices
                                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Working...
                                X