X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nutzu
    replied
    Originally posted by Brinis View Post
    just flash the 101k4 and then go to the other link i posted and you will be all good to go.
    i put the 101k4 on a sd and flash it. and the same with the other zip file.
    I don't think u can flash the Finless Rom on top of the 101k4 even if u are root it because Finless Rom is based on the first tronsmart Fw.

Leave a comment:

• Brinis
    replied
    Originally posted by thechemist View Post
    this is what I'm running now. I want to try Finless' 1.2 ROM. Should I flash 100K4 first then Finless 1.2?

just flash the 101k4 and then go to the other link i posted and you will be all good to go.
    i put the 101k4 on a sd and flash it. and the same with the other zip file.

Leave a comment:

• thechemist
    replied
    Originally posted by Brinis View Post
    flash the 101k4 first and then go to this likn

and use that to root
    i did the same you did and you can't use the 1.2 when you flash the 101k4 rom
    this is what I'm running now. I want to try Finless' 1.2 ROM. Should I flash 100K4 first then Finless 1.2?

Leave a comment:

• Brinis
    replied
    I just tried to upload the ROM again and I keep getting this screen.

I flashed the stock ROM (101k4) first then flashed Finless 1.2 on it.

flash the 101k4 first and then go to this likn

and use that to root
    i did the same you did and you can't use the 1.2 when you flash the 101k4 rom

Leave a comment:

• thechemist
    replied
    Originally posted by Lokie View Post
    ... Loaded 3 boxes witb no probs.
    I just tried to upload the ROM again and I keep getting this screen.

I flashed the stock ROM (101k4) first then flashed Finless 1.2 on it.

Leave a comment:

• Lokie
    replied
    I uploaded it via method 2 to check for errors. Didn't get any errors and restarted it when finished. I put the stock ROM back on and rooted it with the stock root for the time being.
    ... Loaded 3 boxes witb no probs.

Leave a comment:

• thechemist
    replied
    Maybe try to reload low level. Toothpick-in-the-av port?
    I uploaded it via method 2 to check for errors. Didn't get any errors and restarted it when finished. I put the stock ROM back on and rooted it with the stock root for the time being.

Leave a comment:

• Lokie
    replied
    I have the standard version and I made sure i downloaded the standard version of the ROM
    Maybe try to reload low level. Toothpick-in-the-av port?

Leave a comment:

• thechemist
    replied
    You sure you loaded the standard version for 16GB box or elite version for 8GB box?
    It takes a few minutes to boot the first time also....
    I have the standard version and I made sure i downloaded the standard version of the ROM

Leave a comment:

• Lokie
    replied
    Hey Finless, I sent you a PM

I just installed your 1.2 ROM and when my box starts up, its a black droid that says "A Finless Bob Rom". Nothing else is happening.
    You sure you loaded the standard version for 16GB box or elite version for 8GB box?
    It takes a few minutes to boot the first time also....

Leave a comment:

• thechemist
    replied
    Hey Finless, I sent you a PM

I just installed your 1.2 ROM and when my box starts up, its a black droid that says "A Finless Bob Rom". Nothing else is happening.

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    yes correct... but that's junction temperature... no good way to measure that except if we have a temperature diode on the chip and a driver to read back temperature. Is this available?

Pointless to stick a probe on the heatsink...
    Since there is no airflow over the sink, a thermal temp gun should be damn close to processor temps especially if it's been on for a while and the sink is heat soaked.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• benny638
    replied
    Fan and Antenna mod

Originally posted by gizmomelb View Post
    I don't have my daughter with me this weekend, so I'll have some free time to fiddle with my Beelink M8 - I was planning on opening it up and doing a fan mod (top of case, sucking air out) and an external antenna mod (I'll document both mods, for those who are interested).

I'm in Australia and whereas it's winter now, summers tend to be quite hot here (as they do everywhere, I suppose ). So the fan mod will be preventative maintenance.

I am waiting for my Vega S89 to arrive and also plan to do an antenna mod. I would be interested in seeing both the fan and antenna mod. Thanks :-)

Leave a comment:

• Lokie
    replied
    Originally posted by Finless View Post
    In "general" most electronic chips these days are rated for about 165F and above that is considered too hot. So if you can measure the chip itself and if it is getting above 150F I would do something about it.

Bob
    yes correct... but that's junction temperature... no good way to measure that except if we have a temperature diode on the chip and a driver to read back temperature. Is this available?

Pointless to stick a probe on the heatsink...

Leave a comment:

• gizmomelb
    replied
    I don't have my daughter with me this weekend, so I'll have some free time to fiddle with my Beelink M8 - I was planning on opening it up and doing a fan mod (top of case, sucking air out) and an external antenna mod (I'll document both mods, for those who are interested).

I'm in Australia and whereas it's winter now, summers tend to be quite hot here (as they do everywhere, I suppose ). So the fan mod will be preventative maintenance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X