X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nutzu
    replied
    Originally posted by rad View Post
    Still getting green screen with finless rom.

What's the thoughts on flashing a rom from another manufacturers, or should I say suppliers.
    yes I get that too everytime when I restart it either is with Finless or not the screen flicker to green or blue but u can fix it by going to screen option and choose manual 1080p 50hz , my problem is that the Ethernet doesn't work for me and is a big hustle returning it back to Hk , btw i dont know how to check if my Ethernet is a dud or not .

Leave a comment:

• rad
    replied
    I've not tried the rom yet but I'll get it on tomorrow. I'm sure it'll shine.
    one thing has anyone else had random green screens happening on thier device.

It's the tronsmart vega s89 standard I have, it just locks and a power off and back on fixes it, the video is even nice enough to have stopped at the freeze. lol
    Still getting green screen with finless rom.

What's the thoughts on flashing a rom from another manufacturers, or should I say suppliers.

Leave a comment:

• Finless
    replied
    Originally posted by iwaardei View Post
    All,

I am new to this but can someone help with unpacking the stock firmware img file?

The usb flash tool doesn't recognise the S89 in windows 8.1 and I need to use the sd card flash method.
    I will have the stock ROM posted as a ZIP from SDcard.
    Stay tuned.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• iwaardei
    replied
    stock firmware

All,

I am new to this but can someone help with unpacking the stock firmware img file?

The usb flash tool doesn't recognise the S89 in windows 8.1 and I need to use the sd card flash method.

Leave a comment:

• nutzu
    replied
    Originally posted by noderat View Post
    Okay so it seems I must have had some configuration issue when I first tried Gotham and passthrough. It appears that Gotham nightly 20140410 does passthrough (max 5.1, 7.1 isn't working and no DD-TrueHD either)

If you can't get Gotham nightly to do passthrough do a factory reset (wipe /data) and try again. Whatever testing they did to my box before they shipped it to me caused it to not work in nightlies. Works great now.

my xbmc the one that Finless post it works good no problem with xbmchub customization I'm pretty impressed with this box but I will try the minix x8 when will come out (they have better support)

Leave a comment:

• Lokie
    replied
    Check the FAQ I just posted to see if there is anything you missed with passthrough over HDMI. Thank you for the tip about titanium backup, I'll add it to my FAQ.
    Ahhh.. Very good faq! Thanks noderat.

Leave a comment:

• roolmapool
    replied
    Check the FAQ I just posted to see if there is anything you missed with passthrough over HDMI. Thank you for the tip about titanium backup, I'll add it to my FAQ.
    Thanks, i get a look.
    [Update] I didn't see sound setting with DTS support to activate! i'm noob's XBMC... I use Mizuu app.
    Thx for your help!
    Last edited by roolmapool; 04-18-2014, 08:57.

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied
    Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
    If XBMX can software decode AC3, DTS (not in my case at the moment, i checked 6 DTS movies) and push it to receveiver... i really think (hope?) MX player developper can do that early.

I keep this gadget because i like new gadget, and because it can interrest my clients. And next one will be the first box out with a RK3288. i have a lot of Tv.. lol
    In any case, i get this gadgets only if they supported by our super developper ;-)

Little tip... you can use titanium to restore paid apps on this box. Paid Apps works fine by this way.

Leave a comment:

• roolmapool
    replied
    Apologies, but it has been well know that there are 3 types of processors for the Amlogic s802 and you would need S802-H to get hardware 5.1 decoding. With this processor it relies on your app to do software decoding and push it through to your receiver (which is something android isn't particularly good at doing.) If you have to have this then I recommend returning this hardware and wait for the first S802H boxes to come out, such as the MINIX X8s.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.
    If XBMX can software decode AC3, DTS (not in my case at the moment, i checked 6 DTS movies) and push it to receveiver... i really think (hope?) MX player developper can do that early.

I keep this gadget because i like new gadget, and because it can interrest my clients. And next one will be the first box out with a RK3288. i have a lot of Tv.. lol
    In any case, i get this gadgets only if they supported by our super developper ;-)

Little tip... you can use titanium to restore paid apps on this box. Paid Apps works fine by this way.

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied
    Re: NEW - Tronsmart S89 Standard Finless 1.2 ROM

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
    OK. Thanks. I will check again...
    [Update]
    I check with stock XBMC / last nightly... i have for both AC3 5.1 passthrough... but no passthroug for DTS 5.1. And no influence for sound switch... PCM/HDMI/SPIF... same result. No effect at all !?

No way to have passthrough with MX player !???!
    I hope it will be possible... i mainly use Mizuu + Mx Player to watch movies!
    Apologies, but it has been well know that there are 3 types of processors for the Amlogic s802 and you would need S802-H to get hardware 5.1 decoding. With this processor it relies on your app to do software decoding and push it through to your receiver (which is something android isn't particularly good at doing.) If you have to have this then I recommend returning this hardware and wait for the first S802H boxes to come out, such as the MINIX X8s.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.

Leave a comment:

• pittyvasile
    replied
    Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
    Use the app Soundabout from Google play.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    tnx a lot...it works like a charm

Leave a comment:

• saor11
    replied
    Have the same problem screen cuts out for a second fuzzy screen then back on again.soundabout fixed my audio problem installed it yesterday and so far so good.

My set up Vega s89 standard finless ROM 1.2
    F10 pro remote

Leave a comment:

• Batfink32
    replied
    Re: NEW - Tronsmart S89 Standard Finless 1.2 ROM

It's the tronsmart vega s89 standard I have, it just locks and a power off and back on fixes it, the video is even nice enough to have stopped at the freeze. lol
    I've had random video glitches like the screen going fuzzy. I put it down to using an HDMI switcher, maybe not?

Leave a comment:

• mikiemon
    replied
    Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
    It worked on the Rk boxes and you could change the sound output to HDMI, aux, etc etc.

I tried Soundabout last night and sound works when using a F10 pro fly mouse. Just selected HDMI on sound output. Thanks.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• rad
    replied
    Green screen.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X