• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batfink32
    replied
    Re: NEW - Tronsmart S89 Standard Finless 1.2 ROM

Originally posted by pittyvasile View Post
    There is a big problem with this version of android 4.4.2....there is no option in setting/sound ,like in older 4.2.2 minipc, about "soud device manager"...the option that lets you choose the input and output selection for sound....i have Mele F10 pro and Minix neo A2 remotes and both have the same problem, the sound goes to them and not to the TV....and i have no way to change that....ANY IDEEA, anybody?!?!
    Use the app Soundabout from Google play.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• pittyvasile
    replied
    sound problem

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    OK folks. My first ROM for the new AMLogic Quad Core box - Tronsmart S89 Standard.
    This is just a start and my first ROM. I did spend a lot of time on this mainly due to learning!
    Expect more updates very soon as I learn more, fix more, and hopefully Tronsmart releasing more!

This is for the Standard version with 16GB memory. It is not for the Elite version with 8GB!

So you might ask..... Why is the ROM file size so small?
    Well this is not really a full ROM. In other words it does not erase /system and completely replace it. What this does it modify /system replacing files, removing files, etc. The reason is we have not figured out yet how to make the flashable IMG with the flash tool like the stock ROM nor have we figured out how to unpack the full IMG into its parts. But nothing wrong with this ROM update process! It does what I normally would do in Linux to make a full system. That is the beauty of ZIP update files! It keeps the download small and update process is faster. However you will need a SDcard to flash this ROM.

WARNING!
    This ROM update assumes you have a stock ROM flashed where /system has not been modified in any way!
    So if you rooted your ROM already you should flash the stock ROM before using this package.
    While it still may work, I guarantee nothing as to how it will work (bugs I may have fixed etc).
    The reason is mainly how I root the ROM. I have modified boot.img to install the su daemon!
    Rooting for KitKat requires the SU daemon to be run as a service. The best way to do this is modify boot.img. Without modding boot, Superuser for KK uses the install-recovery script in /system. This is not completely secure! Even my root ZIP update I just released is not modifying boot.img. This ROM does!
    I have also added files to support init.d in boot not in system.

Features and release notes for my 1.2 ROM:

1) Properly rooted using SuperSU. What does properly mean?
    Android 4.4.2 requires SU to be running as a daemon now. There are many ways to run this as a daemon.
    Most roots so far are using a install-recovery.sh script or if init.d is enabled, a init.d script.
    This means you could lose root if messing with these scripts which some rooted apps do!
    What I have done is started the daemon in init.rc thus eliminating the need for boot scripts!
    This took me a while to learn to do! Enjoy a BETTER ROOT!

2) Updated Google framework and Play Store core files. The ones in the stock ROM were out of date.
    On first boot NOTHING will need to be updated once you logon to Google Play.
    That is as of this date.
    This may fix paid APP install issues but I do not know as I never have bought APPs and can't test.

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
    There was quite a few useless hidden apps in this KitKat release! Some of them did not even work.
    I did remove XBMC and other pre-install APPs as well. I like a CLEAN ROM that you the user can setup the way you want.
    Having APPs in /system leaves that junk in there forever (unless you delete them by hand with a root explorer).
    In the zip I do provide you the XBMC APK that came with the ROM if you want it.

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
    This time around due to updated security in 4.4, init.d was a lot harder to get working.
    Again I had to figure it out!

5) I added the stock AOSP KitKat launcher if you want it. I prefer it over the stock Launcher.
    On first boot you will be asked which you want.

6) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device not a Vega S89! Understand this please.
    I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Vega.

7) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to recovery for easier updates.

8) Carrier spoofs for better APP compatibility.

9) The usual tweaks I do for better performance e.g. buffers sizes, etc etc.

As always, unzip this download and READ the READ me for more information and instructions for how to flash this ROM!

Here is the download link.

ROM -> Tronsmart S89 Standard - Finless ROM 1.2 (93 megs)

Enjoy,
    Bob
    There is a big problem with this version of android 4.4.2....there is no option in setting/sound ,like in older 4.2.2 minipc, about "soud device manager"...the option that lets you choose the input and output selection for sound....i have Mele F10 pro and Minix neo A2 remotes and both have the same problem, the sound goes to them and not to the TV....and i have no way to change that....ANY IDEEA, anybody?!?!

Leave a comment:

• roolmapool
    replied
    Guys,
    It seems stock kernel don't handle CIFS or NFS features... Maybe an advice to have it on this box?
    Or we have to wait a custom kernel...?
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• saor11
    replied
    Antutu before finless ROM 1.2 -29.5k after ROM install 31.6k . Thanks .

As for audio troubles try soundabout app play store then restart.it worked for my audio problem might work for you.till we get a proper fix

Leave a comment:

• roolmapool
    replied
    Originally posted by noderat View Post
    I have it working in XBMC. MX Player will not do passthrough. You need to enable it in settings - system - sound

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.
    OK. Thanks. I will check again...
    [Update]
    I check with stock XBMC / last nightly... i have for both AC3 5.1 passthrough... but no passthroug for DTS 5.1. And no influence for sound switch... PCM/HDMI/SPIF... same result. No effect at all !?

No way to have passthrough with MX player !???!
    I hope it will be possible... i mainly use Mizuu + Mx Player to watch movies!
    Last edited by roolmapool; 04-17-2014, 12:58.

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
    OK, now on Bob 1.2 standard firmwware. Nice, clear, proper
    So, i install last nightly XBMC 04/14, but i can't have DTS, 5.1 sound on it... just 2.1.
    Same with MX + DTS Codecs, in software sound decode, no DTS or 5.1 out.

Few questions, is stock XBMC hacked to permit that? Is sound menu (HDMI passthrough, ...) of VEGA S29 really active? Someone have 5.1/DTS sound with MX player on this BOX?

Thanks.
    I have it working in XBMC. MX Player will not do passthrough. You need to enable it in settings - system - sound

Leave a comment:

• roolmapool
    replied
    OK, now on Bob 1.2 standard firmwware. Nice, clear, proper
    So, i install last nightly XBMC 04/14, but i can't have DTS, 5.1 sound on it... just 2.1.
    Same with MX + DTS Codecs, in software sound decode, no DTS or 5.1 out.

Few questions, is stock XBMC hacked to permit that? Is sound menu (HDMI passthrough, ...) of VEGA S29 really active? Someone have 5.1/DTS sound with MX player on this BOX?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• mini__me
    replied
    Hehe, same here, can't wait to get mine and immediately break it

Leave a comment:

• Lokie
    replied
    Originally posted by mini__me View Post
    Hi Lokie,

Is there any reason you have stayed on the stock ROM and not gone with Finless? I'm curious as I have one of the plain Beelinks on the way and I'm kind of assuming it should flash fine with the debloated Finless ROM.
    No no reason. Just received the units yesterday so was first playing around with it to get to know the device and what its problems is.
    Look I'm one of those guys that root my phone within 2 hours of receiving it and with titanium backup and root explorer as my as my first apps.

I don't think I will be able to resist putting in finless before the end of the week.

Leave a comment:

• mini__me
    replied
    Originally posted by Lokie View Post
    Ok got the Gotham APK. (04/15). do I still need to root or can i install it in stock FW?
    Sorry still newby with this device...
    I'm still on the stock FW and cannot get the apk to install - gives me error. (from uSD card)
    Hi Lokie,

Is there any reason you have stayed on the stock ROM and not gone with Finless? I'm curious as I have one of the plain Beelinks on the way and I'm kind of assuming it should flash fine with the debloated Finless ROM.

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied
    Absolutely! We have to work as a team to make this SoC really shine.

Leave a comment:

• Lokie
    replied
    Cool done. rooted & latest Gotham (04/15) installed. Audio Works fine now.
    Many thanks for the help noderat!

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied

ok rooted using noderat method. again downloaded xbmc (04/15) from another site. Prev attempt was indeed corrupted... Nnow starts to install but gives error about signature already exist for XBMC and then fails to install. Thought to try root explorer but cannot intsall paid apps (known issue).
    do I need a (root) filemanager to install gotham or should standard file manager work.
    .. missing something here
    Just uninstall the existing XBMC using any normal method.

Leave a comment:

• Lokie
    replied
    ok rooted using noderat method. again downloaded xbmc (04/15) from another site. Prev attempt was indeed corrupted... Nnow starts to install but gives error about signature already exist for XBMC and then fails to install. Thought to try root explorer but cannot intsall paid apps (known issue).
    do I need a (root) filemanager to install gotham or should standard file manager work.
    .. missing something here

Leave a comment:

• noderat
    replied

Ok got the Gotham APK. (04/15). do I still need to root or can i install it in stock FW?
    Sorry still newby with this device...
    I'm still on the stock FW and cannot get the apk to install - gives me error. (from uSD card)
    Yes you need root to be able to change aspect ratio. Sounds like your apk is corrupt. Download again.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X