Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New stock firmware for tronsmart vega s89 and vega s89 elite, fix the google play paid app problem, check here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pincussion View Post
    ok, the new firmwares came out for the s82 and the s89. i installed the s89 elite firmware to my Mbox s82 and it ran fine but only got a antutu score of 23k, i check the cpu was only at 1.6ghz. next i installed the s82 firmware and my antutu score is 30k+, check the cpu and i see 1992mhz.
    If it is really true that the S82 rom update (from beelink; which seams to be / maybe is the brand of the PCB developer NETXEON) is more stable at freq respectively at stock cpu unlocked, I ask my self, because it seams so, why there are working two different indepandent developerteams at the same problem with different results instead of working together?

If they work together, I ask my self, what going wrong at the stock cpu unlock at this rom, because Batfink32 whrote at #15 he have to use rickster or SetCPU to unlock the cpu to 1,9GHz but iwaardei whrote at #44 nothing about somthing like this, so it seams to be at him the 1,9GHz are OutOf TheBox????

EDIT:
    sh***t Batfink32 was a little bit fasten than I

EDIT:
    And also at Eric it seems to be unlocked to 1,9... so I ask my self, is it an update or a total reflash with new rom... maybe it is "only" a update it clashes to the already installed rickster or SetCPU (but I think it couldn't be because of the quote from pincussion...)
    RK3288 Devices
    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Re: New stock firmware for tronsmart vega s89 and vega s89 elite, fix the google play paid app problem, check here!

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
      If it is really true that the S82 rom update (from beelink; which seams to be / maybe is the brand of the PCB developer NETXEON) is more stable at freq respectively at stock cpu unlocked, I ask my self, because it seams so, why there are working two different indepandent developerteams at the same problem with different results instead of working together?

If they work together, I ask my self, what going wrong at the stock cpu unlock at this rom, because Batfink32 whrote at #15 he have to use rickster or SetCPU to unlock the cpu to 1,9GHz but iwaardei whrote at #44 nothing about somthing like this, so it seams to be at him the 1,9GHz are OutOf TheBox????

EDIT:
      sh***t Batfink32 was a little bit fasten than I
      So the S82 firmware has 1.9 unlocked automatically? Interesting. I'll flash that ROM tonight and give it a try.

I had a look at the old Elite ROM and it had lots of initd files scaling the frequency to 1.6 max (I believe Bob saw this too) perhaps they have left these Initd files in but not on the S82 ROM.

Incidentally, I was getting 28000 on Antutu after raising the freq to 1.9 on the new elite ROM last night.

We just need the full kernel sources.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

I bet for only 1 devs team... Release new rom same day, with same fix....

Comment

Originally posted by geekbuying View Post
          the factory just said they tested the 5g wifi routers, and it can work, you can find the 5g signal, but can't connect? or you can't search the 5G signal.

don't worry, i am working on this problem, guys.

also i need more feedback about this new update expect the 5g wifi and bluetooth.

i will push them to fix the xbmc a/v sync problem in next update.

Eric
          Geekbuying
          Just FYI, I have a dual band router and it picked up the 2.4Ghz transmission but not the 5Ghz, so in answer to your question it couldn't see the 5Ghz band at all.

Comment

Originally posted by rad View Post
            Just FYI, I have a dual band router and it picked up the 2.4Ghz transmission but not the 5Ghz, so in answer to your question it couldn't see the 5Ghz band at all.
            same here with me after update the new firmware, my vega s89 can no longer picked up 5Ghz signal as well my bluetooth no longer working

Comment

If it is really true that the S82 rom update (from beelink; which seams to be / maybe is the brand of the PCB developer NETXEON)
              I opened my Mbox s82 up and compared it to images of a Tronsmart s89 elite from Review Site and everything is the same it seems. that is why i tried the s89 firmware first but had a performance drop. then i tried the s82 firmware from beelink as people were saying they were the same. just turns out the s82 rom was better for me.

Comment

+1 no bt, no 5ghz no ethernet on vega standard

Comment

Re: New stock firmware for tronsmart vega s89 and vega s89 elite, fix the google play paid app problem, check here!

Originally posted by pincussion View Post
                  I opened my Mbox s82 up and compared it to images of a Tronsmart s89 elite from Review Site and everything is the same it seems. that is why i tried the s89 firmware first but had a performance drop. then i tried the s82 firmware from beelink as people were saying they were the same. just turns out the s82 rom was better for me.
                  As I said, I have a feeling the init.d scripts are still there on the new Elite ROM and that's causing the scaling up to only 1.6Ghz, I might be wrong though. Strange that they're both different ROMs but exactly the same hardware.

Comment

EDIT:
                    And also at Eric it seems to be unlocked to 1,9... so I ask my self, is it an update or a total reflash with new rom... maybe it is "only" a update it clashes to the already installed rickster or SetCPU (but I think it couldn't be because of the quote from pincussion...)
                    No spam,

The ROM is 600Mb downloaded. Plus I did a full erase and reflash so it can't be an update problem? Must be built into the ROM?

Comment

Originally posted by Batfink32 View Post
                      The ROM is 600Mb downloaded. Plus I did a full erase and reflash so it can't be an update problem? Must be built into the ROM?
                      OK, 600MB alone, I think, identify full replacement and if you also do a full erase, I'm sure, it is a full replacement

In my eyes, it seems so, that tronsmart do a quick and dirty job at this new rom... (maybe to release it at the same time as beelink)...

Maybe for future, is is better to take the beelink rom
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

OK, 600MB alone, I think, identify full replacement and if you also do a full erase, I'm sure, it is a full replacement

In my eyes, it seems so, that tronsmart do a quick and dirty job at this new rom... (maybe to release it at the same time as beelink)...

Maybe for future, is is better to take the beelink rom
                        Im downloading now the beelink rom s82_101K4_6330 and install it on the vega standard to see if it has the same problems with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Ethernet .
                        ........test it yeap the same problems no 5GHZ,no BT,no Ethernet connection what a joke, I hope Bob will do something
                        Last edited by nutzu; 04-25-2014, 16:03.

Comment

Originally posted by nutzu View Post
                          Im downloading now the beelink rom s82_101K4_6330 and install it on the vega standard to see if it has the same problems with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Ethernet .
                          ........test it yeap the same problems no 5GHZ,no BT,no Ethernet connection what a joke, I hope Bob will do something
                          Was that with the beelink firmware ?

Comment

Was that with the beelink firmware ?
                            the new beelink is the same as tronsmart ,released in the same time, and works on tronsmart but it has the same problems since they don't bother to test them properly before release.

Comment

need some help please!

I hope that you can help me guys i would be forever gratefull. I have a tronsmart vega standard and i installed finless 1.2 rom few days ago. Now i want to upgrade to this new stock firmware but when i press the reset button with a toothpick and plug in power nothing happens. I do not want accuse someone for this especially Finless Bob because his helping us with new custom roms but somethings wrong. Is there any other way to get back to the stock firmware and than maby reset button vill work again? Please help.

Comment

Originally posted by noderat View Post
                                Again, please ask them to provide full kernel sources with proper customer files. With full kernel sources this device will be able to have the community develop custom firmware to relieve some of the burden Tronsmart has to upgrading firmware across many devices. They would sell more units as we all would flock to this device, I guarantee it.

Sent from my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.
                                +2

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X