Why do we get different AnTuTu result?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pincussion View Post
    i just ran antutu again on my Mbox s82 (with the new bee-link s82 elite firmware) in 1080 60hz 240dpi, ended up with a score of 31692
    Thats great.I have Beelink m8 and scored 28500 on orginal stock ROM.I just tested with CPU-Z and got some strange result.
    Core 0 1.6 Core 1,2,3 STOPPED. Tested also Epic Citadel gave 53.3 fps on HQ and 51.7 fps on HP both on 1920x1080.Thats a good result.But why is CPU-Z showing stopped for 3 cores.

Comment

Originally posted by Lars42 View Post
      Thats great.I have Beelink m8 and scored 28500 on orginal stock ROM.I just tested with CPU-Z and got some strange result.
      Core 0 1.6 Core 1,2,3 STOPPED. Tested also Epic Citadel gave 53.3 fps on HQ and 51.7 fps on HP both on 1920x1080.Thats a good result.But why is CPU-Z showing stopped for 3 cores.

So you're getting 1.6 max too? "core 0 1.6" .

Three cores stopped? This is so strange. Is there thermal throttling happening?

Sent from my Venue 11 Pro 5130 using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, 1.6 but im still on orginal rom,will upgrade soon i think.I did another cpu test with another app and there was core 0,1 and sometimes 2 working.its strange.I have no shutdowns or heatingproblems,steady temp 30 degrees C.

Comment

Re: Why do we get different AnTuTu result?

Originally posted by Lars42 View Post
          Yep, 1.6 but im still on orginal rom,will upgrade soon i think.I did another cpu test with another app and there was core 0,1 and sometimes 2 working.its strange.I have no shutdowns or heatingproblems,steady temp 30 degrees C.
          It may be to do with the hotplug governor shutting the cores down aggressively. I'm not sure at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

ok you were right that antutu wasn't staying landscape. i got an app to lock landscape and did it again, i did lose a little score, so down to around 29250.

Comment

i just ran antutu again on my Mbox s82 (with the new bee-link s82 elite firmware) in 1080 60hz 240dpi, ended up with a score of 31692
              Can you please try to run CPU-Z on your box?

Comment

With CPU-Z you only get a snapshoot so you can't check e.g. during Antutu, so better try this

to get it back to top, I have to click at the symbol with the 'two overlay squares' next to the house-sysmbol (home) at the system/status/navigation bar at JB (not via menu, because it kills the [Realtime])...
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                  With CPU-Z you only get a snapshoot so you can't check e.g. during Antutu, so better try this

to get it back to top, I have to click at the symbol with the 'two overlay squares' next to the house-sysmbol (home) at the system/status/navigation bar at JB (not via menu, because it kills the [Realtime])...
                  I will run it tomorrow my wife demands me to go to bed...

Comment

looks like even though most areas say 1992mhz the system is only actually using the 1608, and even worse 98% of the time my 4th core is not active. it kicks on for a second here and there.

so there are problems with this firmware as well, but it is still a lot better for my s82 than the s89 firmware was.

well i've been up for about 30 hours now, time to sleep have fun figuring this stuff out.

Comment

by by and good night guys
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Re: Why do we get different AnTuTu result?

looks like even though most areas say 1992mhz the system is only actually using the 1608, and even worse 98% of the time my 4th core is not active. it kicks on for a second here and there.

so there are problems with this firmware as well, but it is still a lot better for my s82 than the s89 firmware was.

well i've been up for about 30 hours now, time to sleep have fun figuring this stuff out.
                        Yeah, the kernel is using an aggressive hotplug governor which is used for battery saving in tablets and phones. The hotplug governor turns off CPU cores when they're not needed. Its unnecessary in these boxes as we use mains power and affects performance. There's also,as we've discussed initd scripts to scale the frequency to a max of 1.6ghz. Other strange features of the kernel are things like using ZRAM (not needed on a system with 2GB of RAM, and it uses extra CPU cycles to encode/decode), read/write buffer up at 2000odd, too high and CPU sampling time set at 100000 (far too high), never mind the min freq set at 96mhz. I think all these are combining to give strange CPU benchmarks/scores.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

OK here is my cpu-z results didn't check my friends box yet. Total ram seems low so those CPU min? All Cores max 1608 mhz.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Here is new antutu on landscape mode.plus CPU info which differs from CPu-z .(720/50hz)
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here is set CPU results . is it safe now to raise the max and min ?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Yeah you can raise the max frequency but I'm finding it doesn't stick after a while it jumps back down to 1.6Ghz. The box runs cool, at a high speed so I don't think heat is a problem.

Sent from my Firefly V65 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X