X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would the ideal min be?

Send from nubia z5s mini

Comment

Re: Why do we get different AnTuTu result?

Originally posted by saor11 View Post
      What would the ideal min be?

Send from nubia z5s mini
      Some of the MINIX kernels are up at around 1Ghz . I've ran the S89 on 1.5Ghz min with nothing bad happening no excessive heat. I used the frequency lock in Trickster Mod to get it to stick, otherwise it will just go straight back to 96Mhz.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

What's the advantage of setting such a high min? Doesn't the new firmware deal with the CPU clocked speed?

Send from nubia z5s mini

Comment

The benefit is, that you have always a higher minimum frequency, so every app start with it and runs at that minimum al the time and don't have to wait so long if it needs more performance at cpu...

I run my rk3188 at minimum 1008 (at 4 core) and have no head problem, but I'm sure if e.g. XBMC needs more power, it get it faster...

BTW: which landscape apk do you use?
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

What's the advantage of setting such a high min? Doesn't the new firmware deal with the CPU clocked speed?

Send from nubia z5s mini
            If you're sitting at a min of 96mhz then when you play a video or do something that requires a high CPU value, the CPU has to ramp up from 96mhz to the high value. This takes time and causes lag and a poor performance with the CPU having to ramp up and down all the time.

The kernel in the S89 is obviously from a tablet, it uses a hotplug governor which a phone or a tablet uses and in the governor settings like sample time, the sample time is 100000 You need it down at around 20000 for performance so its samples the CPU more and performs tasks quicker. Tablets and phones sit at a low CPU min to save battery, sample slower again to save battery, we have a TV Box plugged in so we don't need the power saving stuff.

Looking at my Nexus 5 phone it regularly sits at a min of 1Ghz ( although that's slightly different as it touch boosts)but 96mhz is crazy low.

The only other effect the kernel can influence is overheating but feeling the box and looking at the temp the heat is low.

There's nothing in the new ROM that changes the kernel, it needs a complete overhaul but we don't have full kernel sources so the devs on here can't do that yet.

Comment

Thanks guys for that. Getting there slowly with this box!

Send from nubia z5s mini

Comment

Thanks guys for that. Getting there slowly with this box!

Send from nubia z5s mini
                Kernel development is great. If you look at some of the devs on XDA forums they do all sorts of amazing things with them and get great performance/ battery life for phones.. But that's because they have full kernel sources.

Comment

Well fingers crossed they release the sources. This box came with such hype and it was annoying to end up with a problematic item that was released untested . thank god for this place!

Send from nubia z5s mini

Comment

There already exit a basic 3.10 kernel source and d33 try first steps but some hours later I see him tinker with rk3188T unlock kernels for JB ...
                    In the past for the AML8726-MX (g-box2) I only know 1 Linux dev and 1-2 android (nearly) devs...
                    We will see...
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Well fingers crossed they release the sources. This box came with such hype and it was annoying to end up with a problematic item that was released untested . thank god for this place!

Send from nubia z5s mini
                      Welcome to the world of Chinese Android boxes. I think I like them because they come like that and you can see them get better and better as they get tweaked. Lol.

Comment

Lets see...

I just flashed the new S89 elite ROM.
                        I get antutu of 31400

My CPU boots at 1.9 now not 1.6.

FYI the kernel source D33 got are no good! It is some kind of Linux compile not Android. He can compile it but it is not at all right. boot.img looks nothing like android and instead looks like Linux. So we need real sources!

Bob
                        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          Lets see...

I just flashed the new S89 elite ROM.
                          I get antutu of 31400

My CPU boots at 1.9 now not 1.6.

FYI the kernel source D33 got are no good! It is some kind of Linux compile not Android. He can compile it but it is not at all right. boot.img looks nothing like android and instead looks like Linux. So we need real sources!

Bob
                          Wow,

So strange. When I boot with the new Roms and only run trickster and set CPU it definitely gives me 1.6max. When I set it to 1.9 after a while it jumps back down to 1.6.

Could it be that the higher frequencies are unlocked but somehow trickster and SetCPU see the inid scaling frequencies and take them as max?

Or that the initd script is interfering with the scaling of the frequencies overall. If you've got a governor telling you your max freq is 1.6 then it will tend towards that even if you've got higher freqs.

Incidentally I can't get over 28500 wish with the new ROMs. Maybe I've just got bad CPU.

Comment

I am using Antutu CPU master. On the old ROM it did exactly what your saying. It would jump back to 1.6.
                            This ROM boots at 1.9 for me.

Remember though I am using the Elite ROM not the Standard. Let me see what the standard ROM does.

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

So how do I increase max and min permanently cause it keeps reverting back for me ?

Send from nubia z5s mini

Comment

So how do I increase max and min permanently cause it keeps reverting back for me ?

Send from nubia z5s mini
                                Thats the problem I have even with the new ROMs The 1.9Ghz sticks for longer but eventually jumps back.

I'll try reflashing the ROM again later (after my wife goes to bed and i get the TV) and use Antutu CPU master to see what I get.

Incidentally, I've got an elite.

Comment

Working...
                                X