Tronsmart s89 - Micro-stutter/Choppiness from video playback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farhan View Post
    Hi Kastoi, no problem. Glad I could assist .

But I wish it worked properly with intelligent frame creation . Is it possible for finless to add a option for 24hz 1080p on his rom? It only allows you to choose 4k with 24hz.
    I see,

24Hz 1080P.

TKs.
    Easy way to catch LOG -> Search 'Syslog' in Google Play,then install it and catch log

Comment

Originally posted by zoelechat View Post
      Intelligent frame creation tech (as well as Samsung Motion Plus and others brands) needs sync signal from source to work properly. So, as long as S89/XBMC won't handle 24p/Vsync there will be stutters, already noticeable without frame creation, just amplified by it...
      Dos it mean, the box has to be setup to 24p to use the vsync at xbmc?
      I'm asking because I give it a short try at my rk3188 device but at that moment I setup the box to 24p the cursor is sooo choppy (movement not liquid)...
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
        Dos it mean, the box has to be setup to 24p to use the vsync at xbmc?
        I'm asking because I give it a short try at my rk3188 device but at that moment I setup the box to 24p the cursor is sooo choppy (movement not liquid)...
        No, 24p and Vsync are 2 different things. We're now sure that 24p is not supported by xbmc/s89 yet, and I suppose that Vsync is also not supported because of FPS being reported in xbmc system info which is not stable at all.
        About choppy cursor movement in 24p, it's totally normal because 24fps is not enough for human eye to consider a smooth movement. This mode is only due to fit 24p movie...

Anyway, what we expect is to have both options in xbmc funtionning ("adjust refresh rate to video" and "Vsync"). For now, none of them are effective (as I already said, xbmc even reports 60hz when box is set to 50p)
        Last edited by zoelechat; 05-16-2014, 17:29.

Comment

Ahh, ok, THX
          But maybe will it be possible to switch (automatically) to 24Hz by xbmc and automatically switch back to e.g. 60Hz at the end of the video/xbmc?
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Ahh, ok, THX
            But maybe will it be possible to switch (automatically) to 24Hz by xbmc and automatically switch back to e.g. 60Hz at the end of the video/xbmc?
            It's exactly what it's supposed to do when options are functioning, yes
            This has to be implemented by xbmc developers according to s89/s802 hardware. It is not a firmware issue, even if being able to manually set 24p in system could be a temporary solution for 24p playback.

Comment

Looks like the vidon av200 android box allows you to choose 1080p 24hz for the system:

お探しのページが見つかりませんでした!

お探しのページが見つかりませんでした!

Why doesn't the tronsmart allow this?

Comment

... both options in xbmc funtionning ("adjust refresh rate to video" and "Vsync"). ...
                Is the Vsync also found here

is it the "Sync playback to display" option?
                RK3288 Devices
                - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Originally posted by farhan View Post
                  Looks like the vidon av200 android box allows you to choose 1080p 24hz for the system:

お探しのページが見つかりませんでした!

お探しのページが見つかりませんでした!

Why doesn't the tronsmart allow this?
                  looking good on paper but double the price ...(actually its Mele A1000G/M9 inside)

Comment

Is the Vsync also found here

is it the "Sync playback to display" option?
                    No, this option is the one I called "adjust refresh rate to video" (raw french translation)
                    Vsync is not in video settings but in system settings:

("Vertical blank sync")

Comment

No, this option is the one I called "adjust refresh rate to video" (raw french translation)
                      Vsync is not in video settings but in system settings:

("Vertical blank sync")
                      No problem that I found out by my self...
                      But the vsync not (ever body talk about vsync settings but not where...)
                      THX
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

Re: Tronsmart s89 - Micro-stutter/Choppiness from video playback

Originally posted by TMx View Post
                        looking good on paper but double the price ...(actually its Mele A1000G/M9 inside)
                        Actually, not double the price. Reasonable now IMO. http://www.vidon.me/vidon_box_av200.htm

☆sent from an xNote powered sm-n900t w/tapatalk☆

Comment

Working...
                        X