• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cuezaireekaa
    replied
    Re: Tronsmart s89 - Micro-stutter/Choppiness from video playback

Originally posted by TMx View Post
    looking good on paper but double the price ...(actually its Mele A1000G/M9 inside)
    Actually, not double the price. Reasonable now IMO. http://www.vidon.me/vidon_box_av200.htm

☆sent from an xNote powered sm-n900t w/tapatalk☆

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Originally posted by zoelechat View Post
    No, this option is the one I called "adjust refresh rate to video" (raw french translation)
    Vsync is not in video settings but in system settings:

("Vertical blank sync")
    No problem that I found out by my self...
    But the vsync not (ever body talk about vsync settings but not where...)
    THX

Leave a comment:

• zoelechat
    replied
    Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
    Is the Vsync also found here

is it the "Sync playback to display" option?
    No, this option is the one I called "adjust refresh rate to video" (raw french translation)
    Vsync is not in video settings but in system settings:

("Vertical blank sync")

Leave a comment:

• TMx
    replied
    Originally posted by farhan View Post
    Looks like the vidon av200 android box allows you to choose 1080p 24hz for the system:

お探しのページが見つかりませんでした!

お探しのページが見つかりませんでした!

Why doesn't the tronsmart allow this?
    looking good on paper but double the price ...(actually its Mele A1000G/M9 inside)

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    ... both options in xbmc funtionning ("adjust refresh rate to video" and "Vsync"). ...
    Is the Vsync also found here

is it the "Sync playback to display" option?

Leave a comment:

• farhan
    replied
    Looks like the vidon av200 android box allows you to choose 1080p 24hz for the system:

お探しのページが見つかりませんでした!

お探しのページが見つかりませんでした!

Why doesn't the tronsmart allow this?

Leave a comment:

• zoelechat
    replied
    Ahh, ok, THX
    But maybe will it be possible to switch (automatically) to 24Hz by xbmc and automatically switch back to e.g. 60Hz at the end of the video/xbmc?
    It's exactly what it's supposed to do when options are functioning, yes
    This has to be implemented by xbmc developers according to s89/s802 hardware. It is not a firmware issue, even if being able to manually set 24p in system could be a temporary solution for 24p playback.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Ahh, ok, THX
    But maybe will it be possible to switch (automatically) to 24Hz by xbmc and automatically switch back to e.g. 60Hz at the end of the video/xbmc?

Leave a comment:

• zoelechat
    replied
    Dos it mean, the box has to be setup to 24p to use the vsync at xbmc?
    I'm asking because I give it a short try at my rk3188 device but at that moment I setup the box to 24p the cursor is sooo choppy (movement not liquid)...
    No, 24p and Vsync are 2 different things. We're now sure that 24p is not supported by xbmc/s89 yet, and I suppose that Vsync is also not supported because of FPS being reported in xbmc system info which is not stable at all.
    About choppy cursor movement in 24p, it's totally normal because 24fps is not enough for human eye to consider a smooth movement. This mode is only due to fit 24p movie...

Anyway, what we expect is to have both options in xbmc funtionning ("adjust refresh rate to video" and "Vsync"). For now, none of them are effective (as I already said, xbmc even reports 60hz when box is set to 50p)
    Last edited by zoelechat; 05-16-2014, 17:29.

Leave a comment:

• no_spam_for_me
    replied
    Intelligent frame creation tech (as well as Samsung Motion Plus and others brands) needs sync signal from source to work properly. So, as long as S89/XBMC won't handle 24p/Vsync there will be stutters, already noticeable without frame creation, just amplified by it...
    Dos it mean, the box has to be setup to 24p to use the vsync at xbmc?
    I'm asking because I give it a short try at my rk3188 device but at that moment I setup the box to 24p the cursor is sooo choppy (movement not liquid)...

Leave a comment:

• oman
    replied
    Hi Kastoi, no problem. Glad I could assist .

But I wish it worked properly with intelligent frame creation . Is it possible for finless to add a option for 24hz 1080p on his rom? It only allows you to choose 4k with 24hz.
    I see,

24Hz 1080P.

TKs.

Leave a comment:

• farhan
    replied
    Originally posted by Kastoi View Post
    WOW

I ended up by chance on that thread... And you made my day.

Weeks that I can't find why i get slutter while watching movies from my NAS thru my Tronsmart T428.
    I installed a rom well known for its performance (justXMBC), as well as a massively overclocked kernel... And it has changed nothing

Thank to you, i disable the motion plus on my Philips TV... and MIRACLE !
    I was near to buy a Intel NUC... you saved me from spending 250€...
    Hi Kastoi, no problem. Glad I could assist .

But I wish it worked properly with intelligent frame creation . Is it possible for finless to add a option for 24hz 1080p on his rom? It only allows you to choose 4k with 24hz.
    Last edited by farhan; 05-16-2014, 01:30.

Leave a comment:

• Kastoi
    replied
    THANKS

Hey guys,

Figured out why the videos had a slight choppiness. It's because on my tv (parasonic), I have the intelligent frame creation feature set to high, which makes the all video playback on the tv smoother.

Now this feature interferes with the video playback slightly with the Tronsmart s89, which causes the stutter at certain parts of the video, so this the issue was not related to the Tronsmart. It must not like the high setting for the intelligent frame creation, which is weird because my bluray player plays hd videos fine with intelligent frame creation set to high.
    WOW

I ended up by chance on that thread... And you made my day.

Weeks that I can't find why i get slutter while watching movies from my NAS thru my Tronsmart T428.
    I installed a rom well known for its performance (justXMBC), as well as a massively overclocked kernel... And it has changed nothing

Thank to you, i disable the motion plus on my Philips TV... and MIRACLE !
    I was near to buy a Intel NUC... you saved me from spending 250€...

Leave a comment:

• roolmapool
    replied
    Hey guys,

Figured out why the videos had a slight choppiness. It's because on my tv (parasonic), I have the intelligent frame creation feature set to high, which makes the all video playback on the tv smoother.

Now this feature interferes with the video playback slightly with the Tronsmart s89, which causes the stutter at certain parts of the video, so this the issue was not related to the Tronsmart. It must not like the high setting for the intelligent frame creation, which is weird because my bluray player plays hd videos fine with intelligent frame creation set to high.
    I have switch off all crappy effect of my LCD... just marketing... it s give a lot of troubles, and an ugly unatural view

Leave a comment:

• zoelechat
    replied
    Intelligent frame creation tech (as well as Samsung Motion Plus and others brands) needs sync signal from source to work properly. So, as long as S89/XBMC won't handle 24p/Vsync there will be stutters, already noticeable without frame creation, just amplified by it...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X