• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tronsmart S89 Finless 1.4 ROM

Hello all!

New ROM update

First:

THIS IS A FULL ROM!
    It is only for the Tronsmart S89 series! Flashing this on another box MAY brick you! You have been warned!

Why do I say this? Because this is a full ROM and flashes bootloader, recovery, etc! Thus it is not generic in any way. I will work on a generic ROM next.

This was made from the 101K4.

This is a "common" ROM for both the S89 Standard and the S89 Elite. If you have the Elite you will need to also flash the elite wifi patch.

Features and release notes for my 1.4 ROM:

1) Properly rooted using SuperSU. What does properly mean?
    Android 4.4.2 requires SU to be running as a daemon now. There are many ways to run this as a daemon.
    Most roots so far are using a install-recovery.sh script or if init.d is enabled, a init.d script.
    This means you could lose root if messing with these scripts which some rooted apps do!
    What I have done is started the daemon in init.rc thus eliminating the need for boot scripts!
    This took me a while to learn to do! Enjoy a BETTER ROOT!

2) Updated Google framework and Play Store core files. The ones in the stock ROM were out of date.
    On first boot NOTHING will need to be updated once you logon to Google Play.
    That is as of this date.
    This may fix paid APP install issues but I do not know as I never have bought APPs and can't test.

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
    There was quite a few useless hidden apps in this KitKat release! Some of them did not even work.
    I did remove XBMC and other pre-install APPs as well. I like a CLEAN ROM that you the user can setup the way you want.
    Having APPs in /system leaves that junk in there forever (unless you delete them by hand with a root explorer).
    If you want the original XBMC APP then download it from Geekbuying.com

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
    This time around due to updated security in 4.4, init.d was a lot harder to get working.
    Again I had to figure it out!

5) I added the wifi 5G patch to fix problems with 5G wifi issues.

6) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device not a Vega S89! Understand this please.
    I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Vega.

7) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to recovery for easier updates.

8) Carrier spoofs for better APP compatibility.

9) The usual tweaks I do for better performance e.g. buffers sizes, etc etc.

__________________________________________________ ___

OK so here is the download!

READ the README.TXT in the zip for instructions!

ROM -> Tronsmart S89 - Finless ROM 1.4 (311 megs)

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

You beat the factory, dude!!! Thanks!!!!
    Looking for developers
    http://freaktab.com/forum/advertiser...91j-smartphone

Comment

NICE!!

Originally posted by Finless View Post
      Hello all!

New ROM update

First:

THIS IS A FULL ROM!
      It is only for the Tronsmart S89 series! Flashing this on another box MAY brick you! You have been warned!

Why do I say this? Because this is a full ROM and flashes bootloader, recovery, etc! Thus it is not generic in any way. I will work on a generic ROM next.

This was made from the 101K4.

This is a "common" ROM for both the S89 Standard and the S89 Elite. If you have the Elite you will need to also flash the elite wifi patch.

Features and release notes for my 1.4 ROM:

1) Properly rooted using SuperSU. What does properly mean?
      Android 4.4.2 requires SU to be running as a daemon now. There are many ways to run this as a daemon.
      Most roots so far are using a install-recovery.sh script or if init.d is enabled, a init.d script.
      This means you could lose root if messing with these scripts which some rooted apps do!
      What I have done is started the daemon in init.rc thus eliminating the need for boot scripts!
      This took me a while to learn to do! Enjoy a BETTER ROOT!

2) Updated Google framework and Play Store core files. The ones in the stock ROM were out of date.
      On first boot NOTHING will need to be updated once you logon to Google Play.
      That is as of this date.
      This may fix paid APP install issues but I do not know as I never have bought APPs and can't test.

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
      There was quite a few useless hidden apps in this KitKat release! Some of them did not even work.
      I did remove XBMC and other pre-install APPs as well. I like a CLEAN ROM that you the user can setup the way you want.
      Having APPs in /system leaves that junk in there forever (unless you delete them by hand with a root explorer).
      If you want the original XBMC APP then download it from Geekbuying.com

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
      This time around due to updated security in 4.4, init.d was a lot harder to get working.
      Again I had to figure it out!

5) I added the wifi 5G patch to fix problems with 5G wifi issues.

6) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
      I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
      Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device not a Vega S89! Understand this please.
      I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
      If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
      Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
      Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
      Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Vega.

7) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to recovery for easier updates.

8) Carrier spoofs for better APP compatibility.

9) The usual tweaks I do for better performance e.g. buffers sizes, etc etc.

__________________________________________________ ___

OK so here is the download!

READ the README.TXT in the zip for instructions!

ROM -> Tronsmart S89 - Finless ROM 1.4 (311 megs)

Bob

Installing as I type :-)

Comment

gyro games

hello Finless , ( from France

I search a solution for install gyro games ( Real Racing 3 ) on the S89 , on M802 ok but on S802 not ok because no G-sensor ( I specify , for the beginners like me ) , and it's stupid we can play without gyro , then do you think your Rom is a good solution ? maybe the only ?
        Last edited by Gryzor; 05-14-2014, 04:46.

Comment

great job

will there be anymore roms for the elite ? if so ill just wait instead of installing the 1.4 .. again thanks for your great work

Comment

I'm installing it right now Thank You Bob,I hope will not have problem with xbmc like the 1.3 I had only audio no video,will be back with thoughts

Comment

Thanks Bob. you do magic

☆sent from an xNote powered sm-n900t w/tapatalk☆

Comment

So far the box freezing to the point of unplug it from the wall on using Xbmc 13.0,and other nighties,tried 3 xbmc by now all at one point freezing the box, have to unplug it iwill try again with the original one

Comment

Looks like I'm the only one with this problem but every time I put a 101k4 rom on my box, I'm limited to 698mhz and only one core. I've talked with geekbuying (the company, not the forum user)
                  And they're gonna try to resolve but I have a feeling its fw related. Because I can flash 1.3 and I have 1600mhz speeds and can set them to 1900 with trickster. Whaaambulance! I've flashed too many times, so I'm back on 1.3

☆sent from an xNote powered sm-n900t w/tapatalk☆

Comment

Nice one Bob, I'll put it on tonight.

Comment

I should have my tronsmart within a week. Has anyone been using other XBMC versions succesfully rather than the preinstalled one?? My gbox clone (g18ref) would not boot when I would uninstall the preinstalled XBMC and installed the gotham version. I am guessing it's better to use the preinstalled one. Also, are most addons still incompatible with the new version of XBMC which is included in the tronsmart s89???I have been using the streamtvbox paid addon for watching my sports and I want to continue using it!!!

Comment

NEW - Tronsmart S89 Finless 1.4 ROM

I have the same problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by steliosg13 View Post
                          Also, are most addons still incompatible with the new version of XBMC which is included in the tronsmart s89???I have been using the streamtvbox paid addon for watching my sports and I want to continue using it!!!
                          Maybe this helps:
                          1. Install Frodo (12.3) (Frodo will not have hardware video decoding for AML (it has special builds but is not official))
                          2. Install Add-Ons
                          3a. Download and Install Gotham (13.x latest gotham nightly) (it will ask if you want to install and say it needs no new permissions. Then just click on install. It keeps everything from frodo) OR
                          3b. Download XBMC Updater from the play store. Click nightlies. Click download. Click install. Click install on the android permissions screen. Upgrade complete.
                          => The upgrade maybe keeps your addons
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

nice work Bob! thank you. I don't know when I'll be able to test it (I have my daughter with me this weekend, so will be busy entertaining a 7 year old), but I'm excited at the possibililty of being able to mount NFS shares etc. so I can then easily connect to and stream files from my NAS.

I hope a $10 donation is enough to buy you a couple of beers, or coffees, or whatever floats your boat - cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by gizmomelb View Post
                              nice work Bob! thank you. I don't know when I'll be able to test it (I have my daughter with me this weekend, so will be busy entertaining a 7 year old), but I'm excited at the possibililty of being able to mount NFS shares etc. so I can then easily connect to and stream files from my NAS.

I hope a $10 donation is enough to buy you a couple of beers, or coffees, or whatever floats your boat - cheers!
                              Nfs mounting is only with xbmc at the moment.
                              No nfs mounting possible with stock kernel... We have to wait custom kernel

Comment

Working...
                              X