Tronsmart S89 Finless 1.4 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gizmomelb View Post
    nice work Bob! thank you. I don't know when I'll be able to test it (I have my daughter with me this weekend, so will be busy entertaining a 7 year old), but I'm excited at the possibililty of being able to mount NFS shares etc. so I can then easily connect to and stream files from my NAS.

I hope a $10 donation is enough to buy you a couple of beers, or coffees, or whatever floats your boat - cheers!
    I know NFS should be quicker than SMB but when I tried it streaming a 12Gb HD Movie (skyfall I think it was), SMB actually handled it better.

It might be different with your setup but just sharing my real world testing.

And that was 5Ghz via wifi.

Comment

Help :-(

This is what I did.
      1) Flashed Finess 1.4 Rom ( I have the 16GB version of the S89)
      2) It worked fine
      3) Installed build.prop and added the following debug.sf.nobootanimation = 1
      4) After the 8 core gpu logo the screen would go black. I could hear a clicking sound
      when I would use the air mouse but no video. Still had blue light.
      5) Tried rebooting for about an hour and kept getting same result.
      6) Decided I needed to try a recovery so I downloaded the 1014K img file from here:
      http://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php...a-s89-standard-
      and-elite-version-new-stock-firmware-solve-the-xbmc-av-sync-problem/
      7) Followed the instructions from the above link.
      8) It worked and I thought I was back in business as it reinstalled the 1014k Stock
      firmware.
      9) Now every time I try to update wheter it be the root.zip or trying to go to another
      firmware version I get the following (tried to upload pic but its keep failing)

Finding update package...
      E:mount /dev/block/mmcb1k0pl on /sdcard failed (no such file or directory)
      E:read-only mount /dev/block/mmcb1k0pl on /sdard failed
      E:failed to mount /sdcard (no such file or directory)
      E:cannot mount /sdcard (no such file or directory)
      E:can't mount /sdcard/s89_root_update.zip
      Installation aborted.

Comment

Originally posted by cuezaireekaa View Post
        Looks like I'm the only one with this problem but every time I put a 101k4 rom on my box, I'm limited to 698mhz and only one core. I've talked with geekbuying (the company, not the forum user)
        And they're gonna try to resolve but I have a feeling its fw related. Because I can flash 1.3 and I have 1600mhz speeds and can set them to 1900 with trickster. Whaaambulance! I've flashed too many times, so I'm back on 1.3

☆sent from an xNote powered sm-n900t w/tapatalk☆
        You're not the only one. According to SetCPU, mine tops at 698Mhz, according to Antutu Benchmark, it tops at 1992Mhz but only one core is active. My current Antuto Benchmark is around 10k.

I'll flash Finless ROM today night to see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by londonshore View Post
          will there be anymore roms for the elite ? if so ill just wait instead of installing the 1.4 .. again thanks for your great work
          This ROM is both for the standard and the elite. Flash it then flash the patch_2_elite.zip and it will patch it to work on the Elite. The only difference between the two devices ROM wise is wifi chip and thus drivers.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by benny638 View Post
            This is what I did.

3) Installed build.prop and added the following debug.sf.nobootanimation = 1
            Did you check that permissions did not change on the build.prop file?
            If the ROM worked until you edited this, that might be the problem.
            If you don't want the boot animation just remove it from /system/media

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thanks!

Great Rom!! Thank you for the work!

Comment

Help

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                Did you check that permissions did not change on the build.prop file?
                If the ROM worked until you edited this, that might be the problem.
                If you don't want the boot animation just remove it from /system/media

Bob
                Bob does the build. Prop file not get rewritten when I flash a new rom? Also as of now I can not apply any updates. Is there a way to fix this? I appreciate any help.

Comment

Picture

Bob does the build. Prop file not get rewritten when I flash a new rom? Also as of now I can not apply any updates. Is there a way to fix this? I appreciate any help.
                  For some reason freaktab would not allow me to upload photo so here is link http://i58.tinypic.com/f0dq3a.jpg

Comment

BTW: me too

Are you able to connect to PC via OTG?
                    Maybe use the USB-Tool and a *.img and use this way to flash...

EDIT:
                    "USB Burning Tool with windows PC" => http://www.tronsmart.eu/downloads/
                    RK3288 Devices
                    - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                    - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                    UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                    Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                    Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                    Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                      BTW: me too

Are you able to connect to PC via OTG?
                      Maybe use the USB-Tool and a *.img and use this way to flash...

EDIT:
                      "USB Burning Tool with windows PC" => http://www.tronsmart.eu/downloads/
                      I am and that was how I was able to flash the 1014k stock firmware, however when ever I go to do a update via .zip file I get the error in the screen shot. Bob mentioned permissions on the build.prop file? Does the build.prop file get replaced when I flash a new rom? Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Have a rooted 101k4 already on my Vega s 89 standard. Is there any point flashing this ROM? And if so can I just flash this over what is already there? Thanks in advance

Sent from my NX403A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by saor11 View Post
                          Have a rooted 101k4 already on my Vega s 89 standard. Is there any point flashing this ROM? And if so can I just flash this over what is already there? Thanks in advance

Sent from my NX403A using Tapatalk
                          Nope not realy. You may flash the 5ghz wify zip if you care about it

Comment

I am and that was how I was able to flash the 1014k stock firmware, however when ever I go to do a update via .zip file I get the error in the screen shot. Bob mentioned permissions on the build.prop file? Does the build.prop file get replaced when I flash a new rom? Thanks for the reply.
                            Only to be sure, I understand you correct:
                            1. you get it reflashed via "USB Burning Tool with windows PC" to 101k4?
                            2. after that you also get the problem with the sd card reader?
                            3. or do you only want to know, why you get the problem before 1.?
                            4. if you also get the problem with the sd card reader try to use a usb (pen) drive...
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                            - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                            UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                            Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                            Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                            Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Ok now the keyboard is wrong wasn't when I installed hmm,Bob any thoughts?I tried to add a picture but it gives me error that is not a JPEG file

Comment

Gyro games

@ Finless

a simple question

you say :

6) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
                                I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
                                Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device not a Vega S89! Understand this please.

ok but , what is Samsung device ? Samsung with gyro ??

( it's for install Real Racing 3 , he don't want install on device without gyro )

Comment

Working...
                                X