Tronsmart S89 Finless 1.4 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by manati45 View Post
    Installed Finless 1.4 Rom through SD card, File browser folder, Ext SD, and clicked on 1.4 rom. Then I also installed xbmc 20140513 oman.apk the same way and so far pretty decent. The only problem is that the mele f10 remote will work okay most of the time and at times it will freeze up and I have to use the mouse part to wake up the keyboard. I also ran antutu and the first reading was 31135 and the second was 31184. Before, with Finless 1.2 I was getting anywhere from 22000 to 27000. Great job and thanks.
    I am still running Finless 1.4 rom but changed to latest xbmc nightly. I tested again today and got three different antutu scores within a few mnutes apart: 31590, 31446, and 31666 with a temperature reading of 86F. I then watched a movie from mashup and tested again and got 31841 and still 86F. I tested with 1080 movie clips and they played smoothly with no a/v sync issues with XBMC nightly and connected with ethernet. I am sticking with Finless rom 1.4 till 1.5 comes out.

Comment

Re: NEW - Tronsmart S89 Finless 1.4 ROM

I am still running Finless 1.4 rom but changed to latest xbmc nightly. I tested again today and got three different antutu scores within a few mnutes apart: 31590, 31446, and 31666 with a temperature reading of 86F. I then watched a movie from mashup and tested again and got 31841 and still 86F. I tested with 1080 movie clips and they played smoothly with no a/v sync issues with XBMC nightly and connected with ethernet. I am sticking with Finless rom 1.4 till 1.5 comes out.
      That's your battery temp, no? We don't have batteries. You should look for the CPU temp. But if 86f is your temp, wow that's chill. Mine is still either all four cores at 698mhz or two cores maxed out at 1200mhz. And the temp is up to 180F eek

☆sent from an xNote powered sm-n900t w/tapatalk☆

Comment

You are right, my mistake. But mine does not get hot, it is just slightly warm on the bottom and and even less warm on the top. I have raised it so it sits a bit higher to dissipate better the heat plus my house is air conditioned and the temperature is always 80F or below. I was also thinking that maybe you can remove the top and drill some small holes so the heat would escape, just an idea.

Comment

You are right, my mistake. But mine does not get hot, it is just slightly warm on the bottom and and even less warm on the top. I have raised it so it sits a bit higher to dissipate better the heat plus my house is air conditioned and the temperature is always 80F or below. I was also thinking that maybe you can remove the top and drill some small holes so the heat would escape, just an idea.
          Actually I have the strangest problem of everyone..
          My box doesn't get hot.
          But the soc throttles down and leaves me locked at the aforementioned frequencies. I and a couple others noticed my heat temp on trickster, which was vety high.. but I have since found out that trickster is reading this soc correctly. So I have no idea what my issue is. Im looking for an app now that displays cpu temp.

I check/touch the box when all cores are locked at 1200 also and the temp doesn't feel any hotter that it was in then beginning. Idk

☆sent from an xNote powered sm-n900t w/tapatalk☆

Comment

Tronsmart s89 standard

Hi I installed the custom 1.2 on my s89. Now it doesn't work. When I start my s89 I can only see the desktop and a message that say you can only ring emergency number. Can you help me with that?
            Thanks
            Bruno
            Last edited by Ulrbru; 05-19-2014, 13:10.

Comment

help please

Hi,
              I'm new at this forum, can you help me with my tronsmart Vega elite s89?
              I want to install this rom but i have any question:
              • did all cores work of the TV box with this rom ?
              • How are the benchmark?
              • I have to install the patch of the wifi?
              These are the specs of my device:
              System Config.
              CPU: Amlogic S802 Quad-Core 2.0G (Cortex-A9)
              GPU: Mali-450
              4K*2K : Support
              RAM DR3 2G
              ROM: Nand flash 8G
              Expand Memory: 1*Micro SD Card Slot, support max 64G
              Antenna: Built-in wifi antenna
              Media
              Video format: Support multiple video decoding ; 4K*2K H.264 ,1080P
              Picture format: JPEG/ BMP/ GIF/ PNG/TIF
              Communication
              Ethernet : 10/100M LAN
              WIFI:AP6330,Support 802.11 a/b/g/n,2.5G/5G WIFI
              Bluetooth: Bluetooth v4.0
              Sensor/Motor
              IR Sensor: 1*IR
              Indicator
              Power LED:1* white LED
              Button & Ports
              Button: 1*Power Button(physical button), control power on and off; 1*Update Button(via one pin hole)
              USB2.0:2* Standard USB; 1*Micro USB with OTG
              DC-in: 1*DC in Jack
              HDMI:1* standard A HDMI 1.4b out, 4K*2K
              SPDIF:1*S/SPDIF out
              RJ45:1*RJ45
              TF Card Slot:1*TF card slot
              AV:1*AV port
              Power management
              Adapter:5V 3A
              Software Config.
              Language : Multi-Language
              Keyboard :Qwerty keyboard
              Features
              Miracast/DLNA: Support
              UI: Android Original U
              I
              thanks for your help

Comment

I've read through most of this thread and havent found clear answers:

1) Can I use this Rom for the S82? I thought I saw some analysis including opening the boxes and comparing that said this is the same as the Tronsmart, even coming from same factory?

2) I’d rather avoid XBMC 14 alpha as it would likely not play well with 3 XBMC players all on 13.0 release. Does 13.0 include AML hardware acceleration or do I need a special version of XBMC 13?

3) I’ve noticed that RK3188 devices often have crappy slow NAND flash which makes them crawl to a stop if you are downloading several Play store updates making them unusable until updates have finished. Does this exhibit that problem?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Methanoid View Post
                  I've read through most of this thread and havent found clear answers:

1) Can I use this Rom for the S82? I thought I saw some analysis including opening the boxes and comparing that said this is the same as the Tronsmart, even coming from same factory?

2) I’d rather avoid XBMC 14 alpha as it would likely not play well with 3 XBMC players all on 13.0 release. Does 13.0 include AML hardware acceleration or do I need a special version of XBMC 13?

3) I’ve noticed that RK3188 devices often have crappy slow NAND flash which makes them crawl to a stop if you are downloading several Play store updates making them unusable until updates have finished. Does this exhibit that problem?

Thanks
                  I have the s82 and I am using this rom as for xbmc u can download update xbmc from playstore and grt the stable xbmc 13.1 .. works for me

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for such a fast response. Any idea on #3 ? Have you updated several apps at the same time?

Comment

I went from 100k4 then went to this rom 101k4 after that went to finless 1.4 .. im waiting for 102k4 should be released soon.. as a zip update... I have downloaded apps from the appstore however I did not do many at a time so I cannot help on that.. make sure to download the wifi patch or u wont have internet ... so I went back from 1.4 to this kne 101k4 ..

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrbru View Post
                        Hi I installed the custom 1.2 on my s89. Now it doesn't work. When I start my s89 I can only see the desktop and a message that say you can only ring emergency number. Can you help me with that?
                        Thanks
                        Bruno

I don't no if I am on the right thread for this question. How can open a new thread. I am new at the forum so I need a little help.
                        thanks
                        Bruno

Comment

Originally posted by Ulrbru View Post
                          I don't no if I am on the right thread for this question. How can open a new thread. I am new at the forum so I need a little help.
                          thanks
                          Bruno
                          Try to use The lastest version (1.4)
                          Bruno prova ad usare l'ultima versione e flashare quella tramite la guida che trovi nel readme del file .zip

Comment

has anyone tested this ROM with AnTuTu? results that came in the case? do you know if this ROM work with all cores?

Comment

Originally posted by pollicin123 View Post
                              has anyone tested this ROM with AnTuTu? results that came in the case? do you know if this ROM work with all cores?
                              Now I know the answer to BOTH questions is in this thread and could easily be found by reading it

Comment

Originally posted by pollicin123 View Post
                                Try to use The lastest version (1.4)
                                Bruno prova ad usare l'ultima versione e flashare quella tramite la guida che trovi nel readme del file .zip
                                Hi pollicin123
                                do you mean that I have to use the option number two on the guide?
                                Intendi che devo usare l'opzione 2 sulla guida?
                                thanks
                                Bruno

Comment

Working...
                                X