Lenovo N5901 wireless keyboard works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo N5901 wireless keyboard works

I've had this wireless keyboard (http://www.enkayblog.com/wp-content//N5901.jpg) sitting in a box for years unused. I decided to try it out on my S89 running Finless 2.1, so I plugged in the USB dongle in the back, switched on the keyboard and to my surprise, everything works out of the box.

The trackball works perfectly and there is even a key (CTRL-ALT-DEL) which does reboot the Vega to my surprise. ALT-TAB actually works just like in Windows to cycle through open apps.

The only things I'm unable to get working are a "home" button, and a "power" button to bring up the poweroff menu (or a straight power-down button)

My understanding is that the function keys (F1-F4) represent some basic things as above, but I can't figure a key combo that would represent those. I've tried the holding the Orange upper-left key + 1,2,3 etc AND also tried holding the "Fn" key + 1,2,3 etc.. But there is no reaction.

If anyone knows of some way to get the function keys on this keyboard I'd appreciate a tip.

Thanks
    Last edited by jae; 08-01-2015, 22:08.

Stumbled on to two keyboard combos which may help others with external keyboards:

To get to the Home screen, Alt-Tab to bring up the recent app switcher, then hit ESC.
    Also discovered that like normal unix, CTRL-C / CTRL-V work when editing text files (and perhaps other things as well)

Comment

Working...
    X