Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OpenELEC for s82, M8, MXIII, Tronsmart S89

This is for the following devices:

- Beelink S82/M8-MXIII 2GB, Tronsmart s89.

This IS NOT for the Square m8 Box box!!!

OpenElec Ported for EM8 1/11/2014

- SSH U: root, P : openelec

- Haters if you don't like then don't use

Thanks to OpenELEC, CodeSnake, stane for their marvelous works

Download : Flashable Zip AiO

Unzip once on sd card or usb thumb

updated file 02.11.2014
    Last edited by JustMe; 11-02-2014, 07:31. Reason: spelling error
    Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Wohooo! A lot of people will be happy for your work.
    Is it the same as latest OpenELEC for square M8 by Codesnake?

Comment

Nice Job, Justme! Thx for your hard work!

I ll check your rom tomorrow... i ll see differences with Stanes AMLinux. I'm curious to see that

Few questions to early testers...

What about xvid videos? It's a mess with AMLinux... I think it's related to Linux AML videos drivers... but maybe...
      Is Samba server present (very pratical) ? Is Tronsmart Stock IR remote working?

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
        This is for the following devices:

- Beelink S82/M8-MXIII 2GB, Tronsmart s89.

This IS NOT for the Square m8 Box box!!!

OpenElec Ported for EM8 1/11/2014

- SSH U: root, P : openelec

- Haters if you don't like then don't use

Thanks to OpenELEC, CodeSnake, stane for their marvelous works

Download : OpenELEC Beta3
        I am a newbee.Thanks for the ROM/developer JustMe even though I don't know this ROM is for. How to use it and go back to android OS if I already tried this ROM ? ( Mine MX III 2 GiB is ordered and shipped to me soon.)

Comment

Hey JustME,
          Another noob here, could you please point us to the right direction on how to install this firmware.
          also I have an MX3 with 2GB of RAM and says M82_V2.0_20140520 on the circuit board, is it compatible with this version of OpenELEC?
          Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Garantita View Post
            Hey JustME,
            Another noob here, could you please point us to the right direction on how to install this firmware.
            also I have an MX3 with 2GB of RAM and says M82_V2.0_20140520 on the circuit board, is it compatible with this version of OpenELEC?
            Thanks.
            Thank you, JustME. for your efforts.

question:Can this be compatible for Beelink M8B round one (with red bottom ) also.

Is there set up guidelines that we can look at for installing OpenELEC.

Comment

i have try it on Beelink M8B round one (with red bottom )
              but no lock see first boot and them black screen

Comment

Title is clear OpenELEC for s82, M8, MXIII, Tronsmart S89, it should install but probably due to different Wifi chipsets, -B -H variants of s802 cpu and the like, drivers for them to work or take full advantage of the hardware may not be present yet, that you can only tell when you install the firmware and test.

The original developer that released OpenElec for Amlogic devices a.k.a @codesnake opened a thread days ago, you can find it here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...TV110-MX2-G18).

So go ahead and START READING, you can find links to install intructions on first post, development progress and good setups info.

As @codesnake stated he doesn't have a Round box with s802 SoC (at list not yet) so @JustMe made the port. If there are issues, missing drivers then i don't know if JustMe will be able to fix/add them but lets hope codesnake gets a s802 round box to improve our boxes even more.

Comment

Originally posted by Veronica View Post
                  Title is clear OpenELEC for s82, M8, MXIII, Tronsmart S89, it should install but probably due to different Wifi chipsets, -B -H variants of s802 cpu and the like, drivers for them to work or take full advantage of the hardware may not be present yet, that you can only tell when you install the firmware and test.

The original developer that released OpenElec for Amlogic devices a.k.a @codesnake opened a thread days ago, you can find it here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...TV110-MX2-G18).

So go ahead and START READING, you can find links to install intructions on first post, development progress and good setups info.

As @codesnake stated he doesn't have a Round box with s802 SoC (at list not yet) so @JustMe made the port. If there are issues, missing drivers then i don't know if JustMe will be able to fix/add them but lets hope codesnake gets a s802 round box to improve our boxes even more.
                  Beelink M8B is S82. So it should be removed from topic if it's not working.
                  Problem with Beelink described above sounds the same as when putting regular Codesnake's openelec on round boxes.

Comment

Post one Updated with auto script flash add the 2 files to the root directory of sd + the zip from zip

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

JustMe

Comment

Originally posted by doduong View Post
                      I am a newbee.Thanks for the ROM/developer JustMe even though I don't know this ROM is for. How to use it and go back to android OS if I already tried this ROM ? ( Mine MX III 2 GiB is ordered and shipped to me soon.)
                      toothpick method and andriod rom

JustMe

Comment

i put the 2 files you said in with the others and at android recovery i dont see a image or whatever to flash it?

Comment

Originally posted by leo5111 View Post
                          i put the 2 files you said in with the others and at android recovery i dont see a image or whatever to flash it?

zip update

put the param and recover to sd root then put the download zip file beta3 as is and flash

just uploading all in one unzip once on sd and flash should be finished in 10 min

JustMe

Comment

would this work with the MXIII 1gb?

Comment

Originally posted by gendo View Post
                              would this work with the MXIII 1gb?
                              not sure do not own one to test on

JustMe

Comment

Working...
                              X