OpenELEC for s82, M8, MXIII, Tronsmart S89

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noosk View Post
    The website doesn't seem to work, is there anywhere else to download this file from?
    The "Quoted Link" (Post above this), seems to be working fine for me...
    But, you can find the current Downloads @ http://amlinux.ru/img ...

Comment

last one from 17/11 power on off is OK
      but don't no if just whit me but micro sd card it´s not mounting
      but usb pen is ok

Comment

installed the 17/11 release on my MX-III 2gb version and works fine. The only problem i found is related to the CEC and it's really boring.
        If I turn off TV with its remote, also the box will turn off (red led). When I power on tv again the box remain off and i need to push the hardware button on that for start it.
        I tried to modify the keyboard.xml mapping file and put the power button to NOOP (no operation) but it's worse: box remain on but when i turn on the tv, cec isn't responding. Seems that CEC module recognize the tv only when booted from the beginning.

Any hope to put the openelec box into a deep sleep and been able to recognize the POWER-ON command coming from the cec? Or leave it on (power consumption of this box is nearby nothing) but been able to live-recognize the cec tv?

edit:
        i did another test: if when cec isn't working after leaving the box powered on, if (with the tv on) i unplug and replug the hdmi cable, openelec recognize the cec device.
        So maybe a simple script well did like that can fix the problem:

When (I RECOGNIZE HDMI VIDEO OUTPUT) <----- DMESG for that
        Than (DO HDMI RELOAD or better CEC MODULE RELOAD).

In that way we can leave our box on and when we poweron the tv again after a second we are able to use CEC again.

Comment

Re: OpenELEC for s82, M8, MXIII, Tronsmart S89

Originally posted by Condorello View Post
          installed the 17/11 release on my MX-III 2gb version and works fine. The only problem i found is related to the CEC and it's really boring.
          If I turn off TV with its remote, also the box will turn off (red led). When I power on tv again the box remain off and i need to push the hardware button on that for start it.
          I tried to modify the keyboard.xml mapping file and put the power button to NOOP (no operation) but it's worse: box remain on but when i turn on the tv, cec isn't responding. Seems that CEC module recognize the tv only when booted from the beginning.

Any hope to put the openelec box into a deep sleep and been able to recognize the POWER-ON command coming from the cec? Or leave it on (power consumption of this box is nearby nothing) but been able to live-recognize the cec tv?

edit:
          i did another test: if when cec isn't working after leaving the box powered on, if (with the tv on) i unplug and replug the hdmi cable, openelec recognize the cec device.
          So maybe a simple script well did like that can fix the problem:

When (I RECOGNIZE HDMI VIDEO OUTPUT) <----- DMESG for that
          Than (DO HDMI RELOAD or better CEC MODULE RELOAD).

In that way we can leave our box on and when we poweron the tv again after a second we are able to use CEC again.
          Install codesnake's OE build on your MXIII. So far it works really well and the unit stays on if the TV screen is turned off using CEC. Beta 3 was just released a few minutes ago.

Comment

Originally posted by noosk View Post
            Install codesnake's OE build on your MXIII. So far it works really well and the unit stays on if the TV screen is turned off using CEC. Beta 3 was just released a few minutes ago.
            where can i find that? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by leo5111 View Post
              where can i find that? thanks

It's only compatible with the 2g version so far

Comment

Installed 17/11 build on MXIII 2G;

-no wifi at all

Comment

Originally posted by warken View Post
                  Installed 17/11 build on MXIII 2G;

-no wifi at all
                  Use correct version for your device. 1711 bulid is for Beelink/Tronsmart devices (it's quoted in filename...)

No more build from dev... OpenElec is really awesome! i hope he won't stop

Comment

Originally posted by roolmapool View Post
                    Use correct version for your device. 1711 bulid is for Beelink/Tronsmart devices (it's quoted in filename...)

No more build from dev... OpenElec is really awesome! i hope he won't stop

OpenELEC users, one question: Do you have small choppiness on 720P streaming videos (genesis)? If not what UI resolution are you using and do you have enabled option for changing display res. to video?

Comment

Originally posted by dankec View Post
                      OpenELEC users, one question: Do you have small choppiness on 720P streaming videos (genesis)? If not what UI resolution are you using and do you have enabled option for changing display res. to video?
                      I asked this before, and I never really got an answer... But why is the OpenELEC-4.95.1-mx3-20141112-DONT_USE.zip actually listed as DO NOT USE?! Is it because this is the only version that works with the AP-6181 where the rest of the MX3 Files seem to be only for the older RTL8188 version?

Like I said all I know is that, that's the only Version, I've tested from http://amlinux.ru/img that actually works on my 1G/8G MXIII. If that is really all there is to this... Then perhaps the simple answer here would be to reflect the the Device 1G or, 2G and which, unless somehow both Wi-Fi Chips are available in any given build.

DO NOT USE.. Kinda gives the impression that this could kill your Device.. In which case... IMHO they should all have that label...

No as I've stated above.. The OpenELEC-4.95.1-mx3-20141112-DONT_USE.zip seems to be working on my 1G/8G AP-6181 MXIII. The problem I'm having though is getting 720p/1080p Frames to render correctly. Instead of being properly centered. The seem to be rendering to the bottom right of the Screen. The upshot, of which is I get to only see the upper left quadrant of the rendered frame, and there's no real way to fix this either.

Its also the same story in Stane1983's AMLinux Build too... Oddly enough. Under Android, with a working Stock (to the Box i.e. Orman's), XBMC Build. As well as the Original Stock XBMC from http://www.kodi.tv. The so-called "Spin off" XBMC. SPMC (Google Play Store), has that exact same bug in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post
                        I asked this before, and I never really got an answer... But why is the OpenELEC-4.95.1-mx3-20141112-DONT_USE.zip actually listed as DO NOT USE?! Is it because this is the only version that works with the AP-6181 where the rest of the MX3 Files seem to be only for the older RTL8188 version?

Like I said all I know is that, that's the only Version, I've tested from http://amlinux.ru/img that actually works on my 1G/8G MXIII. If that is really all there is to this... Then perhaps the simple answer here would be to reflect the the Device 1G or, 2G and which, unless somehow both Wi-Fi Chips are available in any given build.

DO NOT USE.. Kinda gives the impression that this could kill your Device.. In which case... IMHO they should all have that label...

No as I've stated above.. The OpenELEC-4.95.1-mx3-20141112-DONT_USE.zip seems to be working on my 1G/8G AP-6181 MXIII. The problem I'm having though is getting 720p/1080p Frames to render correctly. Instead of being properly centered. The seem to be rendering to the bottom right of the Screen. The upshot, of which is I get to only see the upper left quadrant of the rendered frame, and there's no real way to fix this either.

Its also the same story in Stane1983's AMLinux Build too... Oddly enough. Under Android, with a working Stock (to the Box i.e. Orman's), XBMC Build. As well as the Original Stock XBMC from http://www.kodi.tv. The so-called "Spin off" XBMC. SPMC (Google Play Store), has that exact same bug in it.
                        So you think it's xbmc/kodi bug? Not related with bad amcodec?

Comment

So you think it's xbmc/kodi bug? Not related with bad amcodec?
                          To be honest I don't know... The One good HDD... (Or so I had thought)... Just nuked its Controller Chip the other night. So Though the Drive itself is probably ok... It may as well be dead so the One File I wanted to test is not currently available to me at the moment. Though I'm slowly working on it. All these Stupid Android USB Drivers are getting in my way though. When all I want to do is to mount my Tablet as a MTP Device, and Windows keeps insisting on installing the Nexus ADB Drivers. AUGHHH!

P.s. I managed to get it to load the MTP Driver. So I'm copying that File to a MicroSD for further testing. I'll post some Pic's in-and-out of both the Stock (2160p) XBMC, the Original XBMC, and SPMC.... These will all be on the Stock 109k4 Firmware. As again I'm not going though another useless Installation of everything Android + XBMC... Just to make such a point.

I know that SBMC has displayed a similar fault, about a Week or so ago. When I last played with it. I'm kinda banking on experiencing the same Bugs, again.

If these "Bugs" are really internal XBMC related, or amcodec related.... Or in fact both? Is a bit outta my depth? I'm not really adept at writing Code.

But oh how I would love to have the Souce Code to the AMLinux Kernel & Drivers + XBMC to try and compile these myself.

*EDIT* Great its like like I almost feared it would be... Its seems like its working again...
                          And without a way to make a Nandroid Backup... I'm not about to touch either AMLinux, or OpenELEC any time soon... So sadly there's not much point in posting any Pics at this time...
                          Last edited by Ichijoe; 11-25-2014, 16:01.

Comment

http://amlinux.ru/img/signed.zip . what xbmc version is this and for which model?

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe View Post
                              This is for the following devices:

- Beelink S82/M8-MXIII 2GB, Tronsmart s89.

This IS NOT for the Square m8 Box box!!!

OpenElec Ported for EM8 1/11/2014

- SSH U: root, P : openelec

- Haters if you don't like then don't use

Thanks to OpenELEC, CodeSnake, stane for their marvelous works

Download : Flashable Zip AiO

Unzip once on sd card or usb thumb

updated file 02.11.2014
                              for JustMe

installed that on an s82

works fine, no freezes , remote isn't working at all

Comment

New update for s82, s89, MXIII...

Clean install - http://amlinux.ru/img/OpenELEC-Amlog...arm-4.95.4.zip
                                Update - http://amlinux.ru/update/OpenELEC-Am...arm-4.95.4.tar

Also for MXIII, 1Gb version:

Clean install - http://amlinux.ru/img/OpenELEC-Amlog...arm-4.95.4.zip
                                Update - http://amlinux.ru/update/OpenELEC-Am...arm-4.95.4.tar

Comment

Working...
                                X