• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
    Yeah...
    I also hat issues installing 111k4 from 107k4
    --
    Tried and failed..
    -toothpick (no way to get in to recovery)
    -petrus reboot to recovery and bootloader (reboots, no recovery)
    -update app selecting finles rom (reboots, no recovery.. No install)
    -reset to factory settings (reboot, no recovery.. no reset)
    My found solution:
    Use "update" app.. Select "stock_recovery.zip" this reboots the unit into "recovery" where it gives a error
    -then i browsed to EXT.. Where i selected the "finless 111k4.zip"

Anyway.. Hope this info helps someone... Cheers
    Well I tried the SD card toothpick method as well and I finally tried doing similar to what you said here, selected the zip file on the cards for finless 2.1 or whatever it was called and suddenly everything worked. Maybe the unit had a modified rom in it, don't know, but doing the update seemed to do it.
    I selected update then auto-recovery and it gave me the option of using the finless update so I ran it and no more errors and it took and works
    Now I need to tweak and add till I get it doing what I want easily as it's a bit diferent then the media players I'm used to that just see and play most anything directly. Also need to get win 7 to see it on the network and it to see win7 shares but XBMC seems to be able to do it and a few other file browsers I've played with on my tablet can see the network so just have to get something installed, thanks for the continued updates and support

Comment

Identified the problem to being HDMI

After having the audio cutouts on 2.1 I backed up to Finless 1.6 and all was okay except no ethernet and very slow wifi (down 1.2 Mbps up 30.5 mbps). But no sound cutouts.

Then tried to move to Finless 1.8 and couldn't upgrade at all. I used the update app method and got back to recovery finally, wiped everything and then it installed okay. Again no cutouts and my wifi went to 30.3 up and 35 down but still no ethernet. Moved up to 1.9 and still all is fine but still no ethernet.

What I am seeing on 2.1 (I tried it again to see if I could tweak out of it) is ethernet works fine but I am getting cutouts on the HDMI. I am plugged into an Onkyo Home Theater system (older 8 yrs old, HDMI 1.2) and it is cutting out as evidenced by loss of signal on the receiver. I plugged directly into the TV (also an older 8 years old, HDMI 1.2 LG 1080p) and exactly the same thing is happening. I also tried the stock rom 113k4 and all the same things are happening so I am currently functioning on Finless 1.9 using Kodi with no problems. I would love to have ethernet back again but this current speed is adequate to use my NAS on an R7000 router 1 foot away.

So, I have 2 problems HDMI cutouts and no ethernet. Any solution would be appreciated.

Comment

Has anyone had issues with the wifi giving out after the box has been on for a while or large files have been downloaded? The only way to restore the wifi is either to reboot or to turn the wifi off and then on.

Comment

waiting on the finless 2.2 ... bob anyways to spoof ur rom to make apps think im using a mobile device tsn go app wont play on this rom it needs to be a mobile phone .. if that gets fixed im golded lol

thanks bob for your work every box i have uses your roms

Comment

Originally posted by londonshore View Post
            waiting on the finless 2.2 ... bob anyways to spoof ur rom to make apps think im using a mobile device tsn go app wont play on this rom it needs to be a mobile phone .. if that gets fixed im golded lol

thanks bob for your work every box i have uses your roms
            The mobile phone stuff has been gutted from the TV ROM's So other than emulating a carrier (I usually use Sprint USA), that's all that can be done.

Bob
            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Any way to hear audio with mele f10 pro without soundabout ?

Comment

Sorry for being noob. Does this rom work on M8 Square Box?

Comment

Originally posted by suaoker View Post
                  Any way to hear audio with mele f10 pro without soundabout ?
                  i found this solution a long time ago (but i don't remember from where so sorry for the one who write it all credits to him-her ) you may try it
                  Code:
                  [B]Install ES File explorer and edit the audio policy file to disable USB as an audio option
                  Recommend you do this with a proper keyboard / mouse attached.
                  Install and run ES File Explorer
                  Under tools (left), make sure root explorer is 'on'
                  Click root explorer and then Mount R/W - make sure /system is set to RW
                  Then under local (left), select / then in the main window navigate to /system/etc and click 'audio_policy.conf' to edit it (chose ES Note Editor)
                  Click the menu and select 'edit'
                  Find the line that starts with USB and comment out all the lines in that section like this:

Code:
                  # usb {
                  # outputs {
                  # usb_accessory {
                  # sampling_rates 44100
                  # channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_OUT_STEREO
                  # formats AUDIO_FORMAT_PCM_16_BIT
                  # devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_USB_ACCESSORY
                  # }
                  # usb_device {
                  # sampling_rates 44100
                  # devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_USB_DEVICE
                  # }
                  # }
                  # inputs {
                  # usb_device {
                  # sampling_rates 8000|11025|16000|22050|32000|44100|48000
                  # channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_MONO
                  # devices AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_USB_DEVICE
                  # }
                  # }
                  # }
                  Click back then save.
                  After that reboot (not sure if it's required, but it won't hurt).

[/B]

Comment

Originally posted by lost2 View Post
                    i found this solution a long time ago (but i don't remember from where so sorry for the one who write it all credits to him-her ) you may try it
                    Code:
                    [B]Install ES File explorer and edit the audio policy file to disable USB as an audio option
                    Recommend you do this with a proper keyboard / mouse attached.
                    Install and run ES File Explorer
                    Under tools (left), make sure root explorer is 'on'
                    Click root explorer and then Mount R/W - make sure /system is set to RW
                    Then under local (left), select / then in the main window navigate to /system/etc and click 'audio_policy.conf' to edit it (chose ES Note Editor)
                    Click the menu and select 'edit'
                    Find the line that starts with USB and comment out all the lines in that section like this:

Code:
                    # usb {
                    # outputs {
                    # usb_accessory {
                    # sampling_rates 44100
                    # devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_USB_ACCESSORY
                    # }
                    # usb_device {
                    # sampling_rates 44100
                    # devices AUDIO_DEVICE_OUT_USB_DEVICE
                    # }
                    # }
                    # inputs {
                    # usb_device {
                    # sampling_rates 8000|11025|16000|22050|32000|44100|48000
                    # channel_masks AUDIO_CHANNEL_IN_MONO
                    # devices AUDIO_DEVICE_IN_USB_DEVICE
                    # }
                    # }
                    # }
                    Click back then save.
                    After that reboot (not sure if it's required, but it won't hurt).

[/B]

Thanks, I'll try it

thanks,thanks very much,works
                    Last edited by suaoker; 02-02-2015, 19:24.

Comment

Originally posted by borschelrh View Post
                      After having the audio cutouts on 2.1 I backed up to Finless 1.6 and all was ok

What I am seeing on 2.1 I am getting cutouts on the HDMI. I am plugged into an Onkyo Home Theater system (older 8 yrs old, HDMI 1.2) and it is cutting out as evidenced by loss of signal on the receiver.
                      See other thread where I describe audio dropouts, with stock 111k4 and an Onkyo receiver. Seems all to easy to blame the Onkyo, especially when I read that you do not have the problem with an earlier version of Finless.
                      So the good news is that it can be corrected in firmware, the bad news is that it hasn't been solved yet, neither in the stock firmware nor in a recent Finless firmware.

Many thanks to the tech experts who can sort this out

Comment

Originally posted by jacadito View Post
                        See other thread where I describe audio dropouts, with stock 111k4 and an Onkyo receiver. Seems all to easy to blame the Onkyo, especially when I read that you do not have the problem with an earlier version of Finless.
                        So the good news is that it can be corrected in firmware, the bad news is that it hasn't been solved yet, neither in the stock firmware nor in a recent Finless firmware.

Many thanks to the tech experts who can sort this out
                        i had audio drop outs also with my onkyo tx-nr636 got a firmware update last oktober since then no sound dropouts anymore .only my tv sharp somtimes forgets to put the sound from tv to reciever than i have double sound ore from reciever to tv than i have no sound a all only manual switching helps

Comment

Splash Screen/Boot Animation

Hey Guys, Im not hatting. I love what was done with this ROM. I hacked my wifes S82B android box while she was on her trip. I don't want her to find out I got rid of her crappy stock ROM from a year ago.

Our device came with the stock Google splash screen and stock Google boot animation. How can I change that? Can anyone share the files and maybe a walk through?

Comment

Originally posted by std396 View Post
                            Hey Guys, Im not hatting. I love what was done with this ROM. I hacked my wifes S82B android box while she was on her trip. I don't want her to find out I got rid of her crappy stock ROM from a year ago.

Our device came with the stock Google splash screen and stock Google boot animation. How can I change that? Can anyone share the files and maybe a walk through?
                            Download this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....toolbox&hl=en

By scrolling over to the right like you would for any android screen you shall see the boot animation tab

Click..select the one you want then install.

As simple as that.

Splash screen shall remain the same but its only there for a few seconds so replacing its kind of pointless.
                            Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Hi, sorry for the question but I want to be sure before buying

Is it valid for at Tronsmart Vega s89 Elite?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by skynet137 View Post
                                Hi, sorry for the question but I want to be sure before buying

Is it valid for at Tronsmart Vega s89 Elite?

Thanks
                                Yes.
                                Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Working...
                                X