No announcement yet.

NEW - Beelink S82/S82H/M8/MXIII & Tronsmart S89/S89H - Finless 2.1 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My curiosity got the best of me and I tried this on my Probox2 EX...and it works!! Well, everything I've tested anyway, which is the basics like Wifi, bluetooth, playstore, passthrough. Only thing I haven't really tested was ethernet. Thanks again for the fine work bob.

Comment

Hey Finless would you mind uploading your Vega S89 Elite 1.8 rom with the DPI set to 280 I have tried many things but cannot change it.
      Thank myou in advance.
      Last edited by Android 10.0 Windows; 04-05-2015, 16:15.

Comment

Hey guys I'm new to site and have an issue. I got the ott 4k m8 box and flashed finless 2.1. Everything works fine except the remote. When I turn off box(red light comes on) if I wait like 20 mins I cannot turn back on box with remote. I have to unplug it. Is there a fix ? I have searched and searched with no results. I even tried updating the remote driver with one from just me

Comment

Hi im new here i have Finless 2.1 running on my OrbsmartS82 a few Days now and ist great so far.
          The only Thing wich doest work is a CIFS Mount with Mount Manager.
          I can Mount a fodler but ist always empty i have no idea what i can do to fix that.
          I thought this Rom has CIFS Support or am i wrong?
          Do i Need another Kernel to get it to work if so where can i find it ?

I hope someone can help me out there
          I want to Mount my Pictures i have on my Win7 PC with Mount Manager so i can use Quickpick to open the Pictures from my PC on S82

Comment

Originally posted by S802-OrbSmart View Post
            Hi im new here i have Finless 2.1 running on my OrbsmartS82 a few Days now and ist great so far.
            The only Thing wich doest work is a CIFS Mount with Mount Manager.
            I can Mount a fodler but ist always empty i have no idea what i can do to fix that.
            I thought this Rom has CIFS Support or am i wrong?
            Do i Need another Kernel to get it to work if so where can i find it ?

I hope someone can help me out there
            I want to Mount my Pictures i have on my Win7 PC with Mount Manager so i can use Quickpick to open the Pictures from my PC on S82
            IIRC CIFS, much like NFS are Linux Protocols... (Yeah ok before I get shot down in flames....) That if I recall these Settings correctly. I used to have a NAS Box connected up this way to a HTPC which used to run Linux VDR. So I think you should just stick to something simple like Samba, myself. And if that One flew over your head... Then I really don't get why your asking about CIFS then.

In fact I already kinda proved what a dunderhead I'am as CIFS (e.g. Common Internet File System), IS pretty much SAMBA (SMB), and all you need to do to set up a SAMBA Share on Windows is to create a Sharable Folder...

Here Perhaps this Video might help? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE1Nc6kenTQ

Comment

Hey, the 2.1 ROM download link is not working!!!!!!! Or does anyone has it and can share...Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by newsky View Post
                Hey, the 2.1 ROM download link is not working!!!!!!! Or does anyone has it and can share...Thanks
                same problem here. link from the first post is broken: This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Comment

I just got my Tronsmart s89-h back from repair. It has 112k4 on it. I don't even know where to start lol. Things change so quick. I'm considering using stock stuff because can't find anything about kodi and finless 2.1 and if it works

Comment

I just installed this on a MXIII 4k. It didnt work the first time. Got hung on the initial load screen. So I tried again and it worked like a charm. Thank you for all your time and effort you put into this.

Comment

Ok first off I own the 1G Version of the MXIII - Which I've managed to brick a few times by trying to instal such S82/89 Firmwares like this, though Stock! on it. Needless to say it had always ended badly. What I didn't realize at the time I thought to just have goof to see what would happen with this Firmware... Which as it turns out to be is the first AiO Firmware v111k4. So yes it installed and, is in fact running like a peach at the moment.

What I need to figure out is if this "Custom ROM" is in fact more custom then just slapping some Lipstick on this here Pig? (I'm not really digging the Moon Men here!),. unfortunately it seems that downloading the required resources always take that side of forever to download. In the time it took me to scan the 20+ Pages I've only managed to get ~50% of it [AnTuTu Video Test 3.0]

I'm mostly interested in the following Segments: (Audio: vorbis, CODEC: vp8, Container: webm, Res: 1080p, along with the Audio: wmav2, CODEC: wmv3, Container: wmv, Res: 1080p. and Audio: cooker, CODEC: realVideo4, Container: rmvb, Res: 1080p), which otherwise DO NOT WORK (I should say... For me!), on firmwares greater then 110k4.

Well its still my time to waste so I'll shall update this Post again when I have something to report on....

*UPDATE*

Well it was after all my time to waste. Besides the bit of "Lipstick... meet Ms. Pig", remind me again how custom this ROM was again? As I still had to install 3C Toolbox to force enable TCP Large buffers, as it was NOT set by default (As per claims made!).
                      Also, it came as NO SHOCK AT ALL that the broken bits of the AnTuTu Video Test 3.0 remained broken! Now what I don't know is if this is just a 1G thing... Or, if 2G Users are just as screwed by this AiO Crap?

You'd think that newer Firmwares should somehow be better then their last One(s), sadly in Amlogic's case. This isn't so. At least NOT on 1G Devices.

So could someone please test this on a 2G Box and not if all the Videos play or not?
                      Last edited by Ichijoe; 04-24-2015, 15:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post
                        Ok first off I own the 1G Version of the MXIII - Which I've managed to brick a few times by trying to instal such S82/89 Firmwares like this, though Stock! on it. Needless to say it had always ended badly. What I didn't realize at the time I thought to just have goof to see what would happen with this Firmware... Which as it turns out to be is the first AiO Firmware v111k4. So yes it installed and, is in fact running like a peach at the moment.

What I need to figure out is if this "Custom ROM" is in fact more custom then just slapping some Lipstick on this here Pig? (I'm not really digging the Moon Men here!),. unfortunately it seems that downloading the required resources always take that side of forever to download. In the time it took me to scan the 20+ Pages I've only managed to get ~50% of it [AnTuTu Video Test 3.0]

I'm mostly interested in the following Segments: (Audio: vorbis, CODEC: vp8, Container: webm, Res: 1080p, along with the Audio: wmav2, CODEC: wmv3, Container: wmv, Res: 1080p. and Audio: cooker, CODEC: realVideo4, Container: rmvb, Res: 1080p), which otherwise DO NOT WORK (I should say... For me!), on firmwares greater then 110k4.

Well its still my time to waste so I'll shall update this Post again when I have something to report on....

*UPDATE*

Well it was after all my time to waste. Besides the bit of "Lipstick... meet Ms. Pig", remind me again how custom this ROM was again? As I still had to install 3C Toolbox to force enable TCP Large buffers, as it was NOT set by default (As per claims made!).
                        Also, it came as NO SHOCK AT ALL that the broken bits of the AnTuTu Video Test 3.0 remained broken! Now what I don't know is if this is just a 1G thing... Or, if 2G Users are just as screwed by this AiO Crap?

You'd think that newer Firmwares should somehow be better then their last One(s), sadly in Amlogic's case. This isn't so. At least NOT on 1G Devices.

So could someone please test this on a 2G Box and not if all the Videos play or not?

I am running this on my 2GB MXIII without issues. Tried most of the Amlogic updates and I think Finless works best. 39774 in Antutu bench, just losing out to an S5. Seems good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by flukester View Post

I am running this on my 2GB MXIII without issues. Tried most of the Amlogic updates and I think Finless works best. 39774 in Antutu bench, just losing out to an S5. Seems good to me.
                          Note: My gripe is with the "AnTuTu Video Test v3.0"... AND NOT WITH THE AnTuTu Benchmark proper. Its a different Benchmark that rates how well a Device can play back different Video Formats. And, ever since this AiO BS, that came along with 111k4 afterwards A lot of the CODECS that used to play... more or less, now utterly fail to actually do so... Either just a Black Screen with Audio, or just skips the test entirely. Of course the joke here being that 30 of 30 Formats had passed when it wasn't.. Or indeed really isn't the case at all, even when I'm on 109k4/110k4.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post

Note: My gripe is with the "AnTuTu Video Test v3.0"... AND NOT WITH THE AnTuTu Benchmark proper. Its a different Benchmark that rates how well a Device can play back different Video Formats. And, ever since this AiO BS, that came along with 111k4 afterwards A lot of the CODECS that used to play... more or less, now utterly fail to actually do so... Either just a Black Screen with Audio, or just skips the test entirely. Of course the joke here being that 30 of 30 Formats had passed when it wasn't.. Or indeed really isn't the case at all, even when I'm on 109k4/110k4.
                            Well I haven't noticed any media not playing or a black screen. If you can be more specific I can check exact things. I run the latest Kodi, VLC Player and MX Players.

Comment

The problem is with webm, WMV2 & (RealMedia Cooker), RMVB Formats under the "AnTuTu Video Test 3.0". Beseides the fact that I also have problems using my DVB>IPTV Solution under Live TV in XBMC/Kodi as well. I just use the linked App... to test any, given Firmware. If it fails to pass such standards set under 109/110-k4, then its gone. Such as pretty much every version released post 110k4.

Its worth noting I have a 1G Device... On your 2G Devices? YMMV....

Comment

Hi all, could anyone tell me if this would work on generic M8 box please? (I see M8 in title)
                                Like this one

Comment

Working...
                                X