Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lawin1 View Post

@Ichijoe
    congratulations, a nice discovery with widevineenable. You may look further with your investigations and compare, for example, MXIII build.prop with latest Minix Neo X8 build.prop (extract it from flashable zip format file). Minix developers are more attentive and scrupulous.

I'm also on 109k4, and the main reason I recommend 14 alpha1 because it works for me. I watch Live TV a lot with IPTV Simple addon and only 13.1, 13.2, 14 alpha1-3 works well. Any version above (including SPMC 13.4) has various shortfalls: Live TV preview window out of center, black screen and only audio, buffering, XBMC/Kodi freezing when zapping between SD and HD channels, etc. Haven't tested Kodi 15 alphas yet.
    DITO Its almost like we're twins... Its also just yet One MORE REASON why I'm stuck firmly on 109k4! As my DVB-C > IPTV Converter just does NOT work on anything above 110k4 (i.e. 111k4 ~ 114k4).
    Also several "Clips" in the AnTuTu Video Test 3.0 also refuse to play on anything above the same. These are wonky Clips even on 109k4, but, the first WebM but, after the Baby Dragon gets snatched up. Does NOT even Render at all... Unlike say the Windows Media 2 Formats about 2/3's of the way in which were always a bit on the wonky side. Also do not play at all.

These "Problems" as such just do not exist in that extreme (for me....), under 109k4/110k4.

And, Live TV is buttery smooth even the 720p & 1080i Streams which were, and are the first to actually crash this Box on 111k4+!

My understanding is that SPMC is more Android specific then the stock Kodi Build, Plus IIRC SPMC also has more Settings for stuff like Dolby True HD, and DTS-MA Passthough. If it works? My Decoder is of the DVD Epoch. So ask me NOT!
    But, I'm currently on the 14.2 release of Kodi, and its at the stage where I would give the older releases a pass.
    I'm personally less confident about Kodi 15 Alpha 2, but I imagine I'll be on it as soon as it hits Beta 2 in a few weeks.

The only "wish" I had was to find a way to get my USB Bluetooth Dongle working under Android. But, Its likely just over my head, and without the Kernel Source to hand, an even harder task!

Comment

@lawin1
      Where... The Minix Website is only hosting the USB Buring Tool *img File, and I'm not about to flash this on my MXIII just to get a build.prop.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post
        Another question.... Does this ROM have "media.amplayer.widevineenable=true" set in the build.prop.... If not might you give an explanation as to exactly WHY NOT?!

FYI: Widevine is the DRM'gt bit needed to get Google Play Movies.... And quite possibly Netflix HD?! (I'm sorry I have no way to test as I'm not a Netflix user!), working on these Devices.
        Of all the Freebees I managed to snag from Google Play Movies last Christmas Only Shaun the Sheep: the Big Chase is actually in HD... And it shows! in comparison with the SD only stuff like The Fast, and the Furious, or Clash of the Titans. Which are SD ONLY.

This "Bug" had almost cost me 100€ as I went out, and picked up a Asus Nexus Player Puck, just to be able to use this Service. Thankfully my ancient assed TV is so damned old its apparently unable to send anything greater then 576p as default. Not having, (or at least easily), found a way to force 720p on that Device. it went back to the Shop again. So yes this is a pretty big deal for me. And as someone who's into Modding ROMs this One should have been obvious from the start!

....And, yet somehow its NOT.... Again I'd dearly love to ask you why?!

Wow ichijoe thanks! this fixed my google play problems and netflix looks HD to me, much thanks!

Comment

Well I did break down enough to try and see if Amazon Prime Video(s) worked.... Of course you'd have to change the Silverlight Platform to Flash over their Website first. I guess.
          But, even then Amazon Prime Video(s) would NOT play though it associate "Apps", another reason why I'm gonna be sure to cancel it after the 2-Week cool off period. The lack of Content also isn't helping, my decision to stay either. But, when it take Three separate Apps. to run a Video Site. Well lit's just say your doing it wrong!

OTOH: With the correct credentials the Amazon Prime AddOn is working more or less fine, even some 1080p Stuff.
          Again the problem seems to be Content, and the fact that everything's in Stereo 2.0 instead of DD / DTS 5~7.1.

AFAIK: Unless you're an elder Customer of theirs, with a valid Subscription, that still includes HD... HD Streams on Netflix now requires you to take the most expensive Package @ 11.99€ per Month!
          I sometimes wonder how many People actually remember this?

I might re-consider my position on Netflix (Germany), Once I've disposed of Amazon, a bit further down the line. All I can say is thank goodness for Google Calendars! Otherwise I'd likely forget to cancel it in time!

Comment

would it support the S82 Plus or MXIII Plus?

Comment

Originally posted by john_k View Post
              And later I screwed everything...

With twrp I formatted the internal partition and I could not install any other rom. Also, I can't download stuff. Then I tried solve the problem with the usb recovery tool, getting errors in writting (same thing with sdcard instalation of stock firmware: unable to mount /sdcard invalid argument) so the tool ended up wiping the internal content and boot. Hardware only shows red light..

Someone heeeelp! ((

EDIT: Solved! "Brick" term search and found the solution here thank you for the instructions provided! Amlogic tools u_boot.bin, etc worked perfectly!

I went back to 1.7 and xbmc-armeabi-v7a-13.4.0 works with amcodec off in video settings. Otherwise, only sound and black screen.

I'm still to test if with this option, or other codecs off, the image oversize problem I was having in 2.1 still persists. This xbmc still crashes the box on launching, but I found that with kobi it works (with the screen issue, size).
              John_K can you tell me where you got "Amlogic tools u_boot.bin," and the steps to unbrick you box? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by node View Post

John_K can you tell me where you got "Amlogic tools u_boot.bin," and the steps to unbrick you box? Thanks
                Ok the "Amlogic Tools + the u-boot.bin (352KB), File should be inside the amlogic_tools.rar File.

Again you have to choose the enclosed "u-boot.bin" File (~352KB), and then Format your MicroSD Card. when that 's finished you then have to copy the following to the MicroSD Card...
                • factory_update_param.aml
                • k200-OTA-<DATESTAMP>.zip File ← e.g. The actual Firmware Update File. IN ZIP Format!
                • recovery.img

These are the same Three Files that you can find in any SDCard update File Ex: 108k4, 109k4, 112k4 and the 114k4 (Beelink S82 Plus downgraded as a k200!), also now comes in an update.zip File.

To this you must also add in these additional Files:
                • u-boot.bin ← It'll be the same File you used to make your Boot Card... (i.e. 352KB!)
                • usb刷机工具说明.wps

From where you extracted the amlogic_tools.

With those Five Files, now on your placed on your MicroSD, after you've also used that Tool, to format the MicroSD Card. You should then insert this MicroSD Card into your Device.
                Grab yourself an old Q-Tip with then end(s) striped off, and inert this up the AV Port of your "Device" to hit the Reset Switch located there.

Now comes the question... How does your "Device" actually enter Recovery?
                I have my Box, and my Old Man... He has his Box as well, the both came from the same seller (IIRC), they're only about a moth apart I got mine first.
                On my box I can depress the Reset Switch, and power up, and pretty much let the Reset Switch go at that time.
                On my Dad's Box however you must hold the Reset Switch UNTIL IT HITS THE RECOVERY... Or, else it'll just continuing to boot up like normal

Ideally One should already have a good idea on how to enter One's recovery. But, its probably a good idea to understand that these Boxes might not operate identically to each other.

Either way assuming you've managed to build the correct Bootcard... You should then hopefully be greeted by Andy the Android, and a Flubber Bar, indicating that the Update.zip File is then currently installing.

Comment

Could anyone help me out with flashing a MXIII 2G version? I am getting stuck at the "Tronsmart" load screen over and over. I am trying to downgrade a newer stock firmware to the firmware from finless.

What I do is the following.

1. Added s82_m8_s89_finless21.zip and recovery.img to the micro sd card.
                  2. Booted up the MXIII.
                  3. Click "select" in the firmware update menu.
                  4. "s82_m8_s89_finless21.zip" shows up so I set it as firmware file.
                  5. After that I click "update".
                  6. The systeem reboots, but no firmware is being installed. I'm stuck at the "Tronsmart" logo.

I can repeat these steps over and over, but it won't flash the new firmware.

I can't seem to try the other methods mentioned in the readme since I have no "reset" button, or at least I can't find one.

Thanks for your input!
                  Last edited by roooii; 05-12-2015, 22:16.

Comment

node

Ichijoe's post about flashing the device is the info I found on these forums to flash my device. I tried and tried and finally got it running again ^^. When I got the blue light again in the box, I tried flashing it with the toothpick method in the video socket and it worked.

Regarding video player. I'm running 2.1 again and xmbc 13.04 crashes my box at boot.

Your experimental xbmc-14.0-Helix_alpha3-armeabi-v7a works with aml codec off. If I put it on, the video image gets oversized compared to the screen. I only see like, a quarter of the picture in my screen. It's really frustrating! (PLaying on old analog tv)

I wouldn't mind getting all my videos with .ass subs but the default 4k player only sizes subtitles to 30, which is still small to my likes :S

Comment

Originally posted by roooii View Post
                      Could anyone help me out with flashing a MXIII 2G version? I am getting stuck at the "Tronsmart" load screen over and over. I am trying to downgrade a newer stock firmware to the firmware from finless.

What I do is the following.

1. Added s82_m8_s89_finless21.zip and recovery.img to the micro sd card.
                      2. Booted up the MXIII.
                      3. Click "select" in the firmware update menu.
                      4. "s82_m8_s89_finless21.zip" shows up so I set it as firmware file.
                      5. After that I click "update".
                      6. The systeem reboots, but no firmware is being installed. I'm stuck at the "Tronsmart" logo.

I can repeat these steps over and over, but it won't flash the new firmware.

I can't seem to try the other methods mentioned in the readme since I have no "reset" button, or at least I can't find one.

Thanks for your input!
                      Go: Here, and download the correct TWRP version you need.
                      Any of the first Two Options should be ok... rename that File to "recovery.img" (w/o the ""'s), and move that File to the root of your MicroSD. (In other words just drag & drop that File ONLY! it onto your MicroSD)
                      If need be replacing the stock 3e Recovery already their.

With the Machine in a cold-state (i.e. Power off), insert a Toothpick / Q-Tip into the back of the AV Port, Then Power up the Device.
                      Depending on how your "Device" works you may either have to keep depressing the Reset Switch until you reach the Recovery, or you can just jet it go at the Google TV / Tronsmart Screen.
                      It seems that each Box is a bit different in this respect.

In either case this should hopefully load into TWRP for you. Then you can point it to Wipe and then the options needed to wipe both the Data & Cache Partitions.
                      That should hopefully clear out any boot-loop issues you have. Should you still be intent to downgrade, you can do that by going to Install, and pointing to where you have your "k-200-<DATESTAMP>.zip" File located. Then it should install it quite simply enough.

Then as a simple rule to make sure your running "clean"... Is to wipe the Data & Cache Partitions AGAIN!
                      Then reboot back into System. The First Boot will as always take a few moments to install, again like always you only need to go though it Once.

If you haven't.... And it doesn't seem like you had... Now might also be a good time to head back into the Recovery, and run a Nandroid Backup, and keep that as your "Base install".
                      So you'll always have something to fall back on!

*AS ALWAYS WHEN USING TWRP YOU MUST USE A USB MOUSE!* As it does NOT support the IR, or any Bluetooth Remotes!!

Comment

Ichijoe

Thanks for your help.

I've discovered why I am stuck at the boot logo.

When I have my micro sd card inserted with finless firmware on it, it won't get past the tronsmart logo.
                        With an empty micro sd card inserted it does boot into the bootloader/recovery menu.

I've tried all methods. Tried booting with "factory_update_param.aml" on the microsd card and without.

Any ideas how I can solve this problem?

Thanks again for your help!

Comment

Format your MicroSD via FAT32... As you do then just add the following....
                          • Renamed File TWRP_2.8.6.0_k200.img to recovery.img
                          • k200-OTA-<DATESTAMP>.zip File

That should be all you need to get into the TWRP recovery (Again YOU WILL NEED A MOUSE!),
                          You should then be able to go to Install... Point towards your MicroSD and, pick up the k200-OTA-<DATESTAMP>.zip File (a.k.a Your Firmware!), and install it!

Yes its that simple.. That is it can be that simple... At least for me its almost, always that simple for me... As long as I hadn't so [redacted]d'up my Bootloader sooo bad that only a BootcardMaker (Boot Card formatted with a valid u-boot.bin File), was needed to rescue the Box. Fortunately it does NOT seem like you've gotten that far, yet.

Since you also seem to have a penchant for the 3e Recovery.. Again, the secret... To getting out of a bootloop is to wipe the Data, Cache & Delvik Partitions. Just as its always been on Android!

Comment

Thanks again,

I've managed to flash the firmware a little differently. I moved the firmware to a subfolder on the microsd card and then it booted up in recovery. I selected "update from EXT" and was be able to select the .zip file from finless.

It's all working fine now.

Comment

Finless, would it be possible to do a release on the latest 114k4 version of tronsmarts mxiii firmware? I seem to be getting much better performance on 1080p and 720 videos with this firmware, but I really dislike the way the screen looks, the useless pre-installed apps and such. Your firmware is so much cleaner and nicer looking, but its too bad that its an older version.

Comment

how do you get adobe flash player working on this or android period? thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X