X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leo5111 View Post
    how do you get adobe flash player working on this or android period? thanks
    You don't!!

Adobe Flash died along with ICS, and Jellybean. Otherwise you have to possibly switch to the Dolphin Browser, which I gather still supports that outdated Flash 11... We're up to v17.x.x.x now if you want some idea of exactly HOW OLD IT IS NOW! Considering what a risk Flash is on the PC... At the best of times. Why you'd want to run it on Android is to be wondered at. Besides have you tryed Adobe Air? AFAIK this should be the replacement for Flash on Android.

Comment

I finally managed to make a video of my troubles with the amlogic codec and xmbc. In fact, it affects the use or hardware decoding overall in the other players as well.

PLaying on an old analog tv,

both xbmc oman's 13.4.0 and kodi 14.2

Firmware 112k4.

On Oman's it crashes the box on first run.

On Kodi, it oversizes the image with amlogic codec on. If I turn it off, the image fills the screen and properly displays.

I have this problem since I updated the box after purchase. Check it out.

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Auf YouTube findest du die angesagtesten Videos und Tracks. Außerdem kannst du eigene Inhalte hochladen und mit Freunden oder gleich der ganzen Welt teilen.

Comment

Originally posted by john_k View Post
        I finally managed to make a video of my troubles with the amlogic codec and xmbc. In fact, it affects the use or hardware decoding overall in the other players as well.

PLaying on an old analog tv,

both xbmc oman's 13.4.0 and kodi 14.2

Firmware 112k4.

On Oman's it crashes the box on first run.
        John,

I had the overscan problem on my analog tv too. The problem is that Kodi changes read and write permissions and contents of this file: /sys/class/video/axis (after each boot).
        I solved it by NOT giving supersu access to Kodi but running a script that changes the read and write permissions of the other files that Kodi needs, except the above.
        I have this script autorun at boot with an app called smanager (playstore).

In smanager you have to press menu button to make a new script (see below), name it something like workaround.sh, click on SU and root (to have it run at boot).

I'm running Finless Rom 2.1 and official Kodi 13.4 (no crashes), all codecs on.

This is the content of the script:

#!/system/bin/sh

#allow all changes for xbmc (this is instead of giving supersu access to xbmc) but deny access for /sys/class/video/axis
        chmod 666 /dev/amstream*
        chmod 444 /sys/class/video/axis
        chmod 666 /sys/class/video/screen_mode
        chmod 666 /sys/class/video/disable_video
        chmod 666 /sys/class/tsync/pts_pcrscr
        chmod 666 /sys/class/audiodsp/digital_raw
        #chmod 666 /sys/class/ppmgr/ppmgr_3d_mode
        chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
        chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
        chmod 666 /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
        chmod 666 /dev/amvideo

Good luck.

Wim

EDIT: Correction, I'm on official Kodi 14.2 (this script probably won't work on XBMC 13!)
        Last edited by WimK; 06-04-2015, 20:55.

Comment

I have a Beelink MXiii Plus and have read through the forums and Google search for an answer to my question. Is the Finless 2.1 ROM suitable for this box? I'd like to flash it if possible with this, or a similar ROM? Second question, if the answer is no, is there an OPENELEC version suitable as a system for KODI?
          The build # is 201K4 and kernel 3.10.33.
          I would appreciate any help and thanks in advance.
          Last edited by Doggyofone; 06-05-2015, 19:10.
          I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.
          Ron White

Comment

Hello! My name is max and I'm an owner of a MXIII 2/8G box.. I'm looking for a firmware that support a touch screen like egalax usb 0eef:0001 .
            Please help me
            thank you a lot
            mac

Comment

Originally posted by desibros View Post
              Hello! My name is max and I'm an owner of a MXIII 2/8G box.. I'm looking for a firmware that support a touch screen like egalax usb 0eef:0001 .
              Please help me
              thank you a lot
              mac
              Could you possibly explain your desire(s), better?! As it is I'm having a great difficulty in understanding why you'd want touch, on a NON-Touch System.

If on the other hand your trying to look for either the RemoteIME (Chinese made Phablet Remote App -- On Google's Play Store), or Google's own TV Remote. Which is also on the Play Store (Presumably US ONLY!), you can find the *.apk HERE: http://www.minix.com.hk/Support/14121912065629.html

Those are the only "Touch" Apps that I know of for the MXIII, or any other Device that supports it.

Comment

Hi,
                I'm using this firmware but the problem is that when I run 5Ghz router I don't see it the net only 2.4Ghz

My is Vega S89-H
                I think it should have 5Ghz WiFi but I cannot run it
                Any idea ?

Comment

Originally posted by kristal View Post
                  I think it should have 5Ghz WiFi but I cannot run it
                  Any idea ?
                  what is your router and if it has 5ghz did you enable it from the router settings ?

Comment

Let me explain it : I connect from my notebook to 2,4 and later to 5 GHz (I have to SSID). Forget about router. What about tronsmart ?

Comment

The 2G with Bluetooth should be able to see both 5Ghz & 2.4Ghz. Assuming that your router is capable of actually delivering 802.11 a/n/ac @ 5Ghz. If it cant , and most routers save the newest ac ones do NOT support either 802.11 a or,5Ghz. It would also be helpful to use something like HD at the end off your SSID so you can locate which band 2.4Ghz (SD), or the 5Ghz (HD) One. If you follow...

Comment

No one see the problem in tronsmart/android :-(
                        The router is TP-LINK ARCHER C20I AC750 !

Anyone knows what is wrong ?

Comment

No one see the problem in tronsmart/android :-(
                          The router is TP-LINK ARCHER C20I AC750 !

Anyone knows what is wrong ?
                          Are you able to use any other device on your Network at 5Ghz?
                          FYI you have to probably enter your Router, and then actually setup, and enable the 5Ghz Band there first.
                          How you do that depends on Manufacturer to Manufacturer reading the fine manual might help.

But, for startes I'd guess you'd need to enable the SSID for 5Ghz. and possibly either set this to use the same 2.4Ghz Key, or otherwise give it its own WPA2 Key.
                          Then assuming that you have a 2G Box which should have at the least 802.11 a @5Ghz, much less n or ac.... Which your Router does NOT support! (i.e. 802.11 ac)...

Comment

Again. Yes.
                            Again.
                            My problem is not router.
                            Anybody know the trosmart instead of router and the problem 5GHz 802.11n ?

Comment

Again. Yes.
                              Again.
                              My problem is not router.
                              Anybody know the trosmart instead of router and the problem 5GHz 802.11n ?
                              What are the spec's of your Tronsmart, is it the 1G or a 2G (OF RAM!)? 'cause only the 2G usually only has both the 802.11 a @5Ghz + Bluetooth 4.0.
                              If you had, on the other hand had only a 1G Device, then it would have neither the 802.11 a etc... @5Ghz, or the Bluetooth 4.0

So if you claim to, have the 2G version then, yes the the Router is definitely 99.99999% "The Problem"! Likely 'cause it [5Ghz] has NOT been enabled, yet!
                              Whatever you might care to think I'm not aware of to many OEMs that ship with 5Ghz activated outta the box. So unless you've actually at some point gone through the settings, and have set the Router to utilize the 5Ghz Band.... Its "default mode" is to ONLY USE THE 2.4Ghz Band! A tale-tale sign would be the missing SSID for 5Ghz....

Yes your Router should be pumping TWO SSID's!! One for 2.4Ghz as you know it! and, another for the 5Ghz Band. Beyond any "Guest" SSID Accounts you might have.
                              Assuming your Router even actually supports Guest Accounts. That you claim to have only even seen the 2.4Ghz SSID.... Only tells me that you never took the time to set up the 5Ghz Band.

To put it plainly the 5Ghz Band... As you might logically think HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE 2.4Ghz Band. It is a band that will require from the user. That is you!
                              To give it its own Name SSID--- ex: MY_ROUTER (2.4Ghz) + MY_ROUTER-HD2 (5Ghz)... The 5Ghz can NOT use the MY_ROUTER (2.4Ghz) SSID... It has to have One of its own, whatever you plan to name it!

So its little wonder why you can't connect at 5Ghz, since the Router is in every likelihood not setup to broadcast at 5Ghz.

One other not... Since you seem insistant on it NOT being the Router....
                              You are aware that one of the problems with the 5Ghz Band is its range right?! The 5Ghz Band is both not permitted to, or even it it was, would be able to cover the same areas as the 2.4Ghz Band right?
                              Assuming for just One moment that you actually have something ANYTHING connected to 5Ghz, other then the Tronsmart. This would be the next logical guess.

The only fixes here would be to either move it close in, or buy an a/b/g/n/ac Repeater, and place that somewhere between the Router & the Tronsmart.

Comment

Very interesting . I have no problem connect to this router (5GHz 802.11n) from my notebook (I wrote that also)

If the trsonsmart have not 5Ghz then geekbuying sold the wrong one
                                Tronsmart Vega S89-H Amlogic S802-H Quad Core Android TV BOX 2G/16G 2.4G/5G WIFI Bluetooth XBMC :

I see there is no help :-(
                                I cannot still repeat the same, my router is OK.
                                My model tronsmart is the above one.

Disappointed

Comment

Working...
                                X