No announcement yet.

NEW - Beelink S82/S82H/M8/MXIII & Tronsmart S89/S89H - Finless 2.1 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will this custom firmware work with a Beelink m8b 16gig little red and black round unit thanks

Comment

Finless bob, do you plan to make a finless rom for the MXIII Plus as well? I think there will be new stable rom (104L1) soon... it was promissed for this week, but guess it was postponed to next week...

Gesendet von meinem LG-H815

Comment

Hello

I recently purchased what appears to be a MXIII 2GB version firmware is m111k4. i have been trying to install this rom, but i could not get to recovery. It just gets stuck at the SMART TV screen ( the screen that comes up right after you press power ). I of course have held down the recovery button at the back inside the audio port, but it will not go to recovery however long i hold it down. i eventually turn off the device, then boot it back up normally, which it does, and i can normally use it. I have also attempted flasing this ROM via the update app, but when it restarts, it gets stuck again at the boot logo.

It seems I cant get to the recovery mode whicever option I use in the read me file of Finless. Please help. And thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by DexDrive View Post
          Hello

I recently purchased what appears to be a MXIII 2GB version ...snip....
          So, I just had trouble with a MXIII 2GB machine too... this worked for me:

- power plug out of the machine - power plug back into the machine.
          - hold the recovery button (and keep holding)
          - hold the power button (and keep holding, whilst you already are also holding the recovery button)
          - hold both for about 10 seconds
          - still machine was "frozen" on the first picture
          - let go of recovery + power
          - still machine was "frozen" on the first picture

...and then just wait and do NOT turn off the machine..

It took minutes, I had actually been cursing, gone to the toilet, washed my hands, been to the kitchen, cursed some more, grabbed my laptop to search this forum for a solution.. and suddenly out of nowhere, it started to boot TWRP.

No idea why on earth it took forever to get there.. but once TWRP came up, I got super excited - slammed in the files on a USB stick, and installed from TWRP.

Now.. this led to another couple of hours or cursing.. because no matter what image I tried to install,
          each boot (normal or recovery) would come back to TWRP.. with two errors, one being "unable to find partition size for '/bootloader'"
          (grabbed it from my search history, i think the other was /bootenv, but i'm not sure)

So.. I read and re-read Finless' instructions only to realise 4-5 hours later... OH SHIT.. it's the first line:
          1) Copy all the files from this ZIP onto the SDcard

So.. SDcard Tim.. not a USB stick (sigh)... even after installing Android roms some 50+ times on 20+ different devices I made a stupid mistake

So, I popped in the files on a TF card, fed the MKIII the card hopefull and reset the machine with the recovery button as described above.
          This time it only took seconds, and started the android update screen.

On reboot.. it did not work.. super surprised.. it show the android update screen again.. and whilst a bit of more cursing was involved,
          for good luck.. i thought I might try patience It seems like it went through the exact same install as before.. but this time it worked

Hope that helps.

Tim

*edit* - ps -> if you can boot your device in stock rom, why not install TWRP from android store, and from there let it force a reboot to TWRP in booting? might need root installed, but if I remember correctly I used that on a tablet recently

Comment

Hey Bob..i've trotted through all 26 pages of this thread, but noone asked the most important question..

Where did your DONATE button go?

I'd like to send you a few bucks as a thank you for this excellent rom

Comment

Hello Tim007, thank you for your suggestion. i did the exact steps you outlined, even fell asleep leaving the box and my TV on ( i did it around 12 midnight ) and woke up 2 hours later, and the screen was still stuck at that first screen, no recovery mode. Restarted the box, did it again, fell asleep again and woke up after 2 hours and still no go. Is it possible that i have a MXIII that does not actually have recov mode? Or is it disabled somewhere?

Comment

Same here.. Let me know the way if you get it working..I'll do the same.. Mine is tronsmart mxiii 2g/8g box. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tim007 View Post
                  Hey Bob..i've trotted through all 26 pages of this thread, but noone asked the most important question..

Where did your DONATE button go?

I'd like to send you a few bucks as a thank you for this excellent rom
                  Hi there,
                  Bob's donate button is still there, its in his signature, at the bottom of all his posts.Thanks
                  Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

hi Dexdrive, oh that's annoying good luck with that.

Did recently notice some comments in another thread on twrp, might be usefull for you;

ps you're able to download and install twrp from the playstore, can you use it and use the app to reboot into recovery?

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post

Hi there,
                      Bob's donate button is still there, its in his signature, at the bottom of all his posts.Thanks
                      hiya Blinkone, weird.. I can not see it.
                      Strange enough, I noticed checking your message earlier on my phone, it also contains a signature.. checking on my pc running windows explorer 11, no signature for you.. ok strange.. so I went to Bob's first post.. and voila.. nothing.. checking on my phone, I don't see a donate option.. but suddenly I do see his "Forgive theam as they know not what they do" message in multiple languages..

going to dive into my user settings here, as I don't understand why i'm not seeing signatures

*edit* yes! found it.. Conversation Detail Options -> Visible Post Elements -> Show Signatures

Sent Bob a litte appreciation
                      Last edited by tim007; 11-07-2015, 16:51. Reason: settings checked

Comment

Hello guys,

I'm newby in the forum, after start using MXIII 2gb.
                        Received it last week. Setup, kodi and the stuff. And overall it's good. The only thing is that WIFI reception is awful. My wifi network ensures ~40 Mbps (Laptop, smartphone, confirmed via speedtest), but MXIII receives only about 1 - 3 Mbps. Tried many android tweaks and factory reset, but no succes. I'm desperate. I can't use it, like this.
                        Searched in the internet and ended up here. I will appreciate some help.
                        - Is my MXIII Finless rom compatible?
                        - Will it improve wifi reception?
                        - Is there another method to improve the wifi?

I have purchased the device by Gearbest and it's specs says that it's Netxeon.
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Has anyone got Amazon Instant Video working on this ROM? I just get a gray screen for a few seconds every time I try to play a video.

Comment

Hi, can i flash this rom to an MXIII-G with amlogic s812? Can i brick it?

Comment

Hi, guys!! Please, anyone of you who have flashed this rom could just try for a moment the MET OPERA ONDEMAND app from playstore, to see if videos are properly played. Mine with stock firmware only plays sound, image is black. But other ondemand apps like youtube or Netflix work fine...the same app works in my 4.4.2 tablet

Comment

Originally posted by javiko_bcn View Post
                                Hi, can i flash this rom to an MXIII-G with amlogic s812? Can i brick it?
                                No, you can't, different SoC...I have already flashed it in my MXIII and works great, except the met opera ondemand app, same problem as 116k4 which I was first, no video is displayed, only audio. But my iFive mini 3gs has same gpu (mali450) and works perfectly. Any idea why is this happening?

Comment

Working...
                                X