NEW - Beelink S82/S82H/M8/MXIII & Tronsmart S89/S89H - Finless 2.1 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok.. next box.. next challenge.. Finless rom install wasn't working

This was identical to my previous box, this new MXIII box, recently bought (during the 11-11 sales on Aliexpress) advertised as a '[Genuine] MXIII' 2/8GB from seller 'Shenzhen Yojia Technology Co. Ltd.' at $52,49.

It was a default rom with these details;
    Model number : MXIII
    Adndroid version : 4.4.2
    Built number : KOT49H.20150815 test-keys
    Kernel verison :
    tanwei@tanwei #1
    Sat aug 15 11:45:15 CST 2015

So, I ran the finless rom 2.1 on a clean (new I may add) micro-sd card.. recovery using the tooth-pick, and it booted nicely..
    finless rom installed itself nicely.. then rebooted.. all went well, and the the rotating boot logo.. and it looped, looped, and was stuck in an endless loop.

Tried the next version, removed "factory_update_param.aml".. reinstalled.. stuck on the same loop.

Then I remembered the previous issues, and thought.. lets try this with TWRP..
    so removed "recovery.img" from the sd-card, tooth pick start again... booted TWRP (which had installed) and launched the install of the sd-card from within TWRP.

And this time it worked.. well, after the install the screen went dark, so I removed the sd-card, rebooted manually.. and launch! woohoo.

posting this incase it helps someone else who is stuck.

Comment

Is this the newest ROM? still struggling to get Netflix HD to work...

Comment

Yes this is bobs latest rom for the device there is another release frim beelink 112 in the fireware post with list of addition fixes. I use this one myself and happg with it in every regard. 😁
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
          Yes this is bobs latest rom for the device there is another release frim beelink 112 in the fireware post with list of addition fixes. I use this one myself and happg with it in every regard. 😁
          netflix HD?

Comment

I think so but i not try on this box.
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

youtube over 360p not working.it is the most used software.how to fix this? if this will not be fixed i will send my box to tronsmart.

Comment

Its up to 115 or 116 depending on which rom you use and unless something changed on these boxes in regards to netflix there no hd.
                Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Originally posted by ssregitoss View Post
                  youtube over 360p not working.it is the most used software.how to fix this? if this will not be fixed i will send my box to tronsmart.
                  its Youtube official ap.Uninstall and install older one youtube apk - 3.5.5 for example.Tested

Comment

Haven't posted here in a long time but still using my S89H and I just upgraded to a 55" HDR 4k TV cheap. Was trying to get everything hooked up and playing nice together and noticed the Tronsmart outputs 4k in several frame rates to my new TV when I hook it up to the right port. Video is smooth and everything as long as it isn't messed up somehow. I didn't see any mention of it anywhere on a quick search so figured I'd post it up. Don't have any native 4k stuff to put on the networked PC yet but it may actually play it id it can at least output nicely at that resolution.
                    TV hated native 1080 unless it was 1080p but 4k seems to be the smoothest for it so that's what I'm running. No clue if the lesser non hardware decoding versions can do it but considered it a accidental bonus.

Comment

Thank you for sharing, this topic is too old

Comment

Thank you for sharing, I also agree with your point.

Comment

I now run a 2018? Shield and a bunch of Rokus on my network with Plex, Emby, and recently Channels DVR. The S89H finally just couldn't keep up and Roku supported what I use cheap. I bought a Shield on Black Friday deal and I use it or my Roku 4k ultra depending on what I'm trying to do. The Roku built into my TCL TV is just easy, the Shield can do almost anything with a tiny bit more work. Things keep moving forward and so do I but those two units have all my media needs covered.

Comment

Working...
                          X