Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) working on S89 (s802)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farpudo View Post

You can disable MD5 validation on the options of twrp. try it.
    I read this too and checked for it, but I can only find the MD5 creation and disabling for backups. Even with the options on (even though it's not a backup), it didn't work. In the settings for the image installation there's only the option of zip-check, which is off by default...

Comment

Originally posted by andr3 View Post

I read this too and checked for it, but I can only find the MD5 creation and disabling for backups. Even with the options on (even though it's not a backup), it didn't work. In the settings for the image installation there's only the option of zip-check, which is off by default...
      Downlaod boot.img again and put it on sdcard again maybe is damaged in the proces of downloading or writing on sd. For me twrp don't ask for md5. Try another recovery from here

K200_emmc.img and n200_emmc.img works for me Click image for larger version

Name:	20180110_152956-1024x576.jpg
Views:	3684
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	700879 If you see it have some error in the begining but it flash successful.

Comment

AGAIN if you see tronsmart logo without boot into system (android) you must do all over again.
        Burn from pc
        Twrp
        Flash boot
        Reboot

Comment

Originally posted by ivanrandjelovic View Post
          AGAIN if you see tronsmart logo without boot into system (android) you must do all over again.
          Burn from pc
          Twrp
          Flash boot
          Reboot
          Thanks for your feedback. I tried another TWRP but either checks MD5. However, not sure it is important or not, I generated an MD5 check file that worked and it passed, still the image flashing fails. I redownloaded and copied everything to the same end. I flashed MXIII-G_101L1 though, not sure it makes a difference, but according to the initial post it should work.

BUT, I always get the boot logo (tried also tronsmart before) even when going straight for recovery and it seems unavoidable. My cache and data are also messed up as mentioned in a previous post, but changing file system fixes that (I hope).

I tried making my own image replacing the boot.img directly so everything is flashed together, but so far no success (also doesn't pass the check...).

Open for any crazy ideas!

Comment

Back to original
            Last edited by Supreme; 01-24-2018, 03:55.

Comment

With the instructions in the OP only, got my MXIII S802 (2GB RAM + 8GB Storage) working with firmware: MXIII-G_108L1_Tronsmart, recovery: twrp-2.8.5.0-k200.img, and matricom file in OP. Also managed get root access with KingOroot (not kingroot), however superuser apk does not seem to be managing access at all, all apk's are gettting root access if they require them (not the most secure thing). supersu apk provides option to update binary but dont fancy messing it up. Managed to get adaway and few other root apps working with no problem. note: after done rooting make sure to uninstall both the kingoroot apps as it adds a notification bar.

The unit does not power off but can suspend/sleep and restart. Not had any of the issues with not getting it out of sleep, though i have disabled daydream just incase. For people having issues with getting it out of sleep/daydream, if it indeed has to do with CPU Clock speed, with root access you can download "no-frill CPU-Control", go to settings, include sleep then on main interface set idle clock to then 200mhz and select bootup option.
              Oh and thanks OP for the post! if only this box hardware had 1080p x265 encoding it would be perfect with this firmware but hey, still great way better than stock kitkat.

Comment

Hi guys I flashed a s82 round version with the instructions and is working. But just a concern my WiFi speeds seem to be slower.

Can anyone please help with alternate wifi driver options to possibly try and correct thee problem ?

Comment

Please help, I followed instructions EXACTLY how it was pointed here but TWRP says "E:Unable to find partition size for '/boot'" when trying to flash boot.img.
                  Could someone help? I have a Tronsmart MXIII 2GB RAM / 8GB ROM with "Tronsmart MXIII_115k4_20150603" rom flashed with this new rom "Tronsmart MXIII Plus_108L1_160604"

EDIT: Problem was I wasnt using the correct TWRP file, turns out the correct was "TWRP_2.8.7.0_K200.img". Now booting, lets see if this works!
                  EDIT2: It appears that everything went very well, WIFI and Ethernet work. Netflix doesnt show up on Google Play (could anyone help me with that?) and cant shutdown device properly, still, I'm happy as I'm able to run lastest Kodi with no problems.
                  EDIT3: Managed to root with KingOroot. This is terrific.
                  EDIT4: Ok, biggest problems I'm facing is I cant find a way to get Netflix on the box, cant even download from Play Store, and Antutu is found but cant be installed. I'm trying to fake the device to another editing build.prop but still I cant get it right. Hope anyone reads this could help me.
                  EDIT5: I managed to download an APK of Netflix from apkmirror and it worked. I still need to find out how to make the device be able to download "not compatible" apps from Play Store.
                  Last edited by ochentay4; 03-26-2018, 13:26.

Comment

just wanted to stop in and say thank you, ive managed to now update my old s802 box to run this android 5.1.1 which it does very well! the only issue i seem to face is i have no working wifi

Originally posted by Dandroid534 View Post
                    You can probably flash other WiFi drivers as well if WiFi isn't working right.
                    how would i go about doing this? if it makes any difference i my box runs the rtl8xxx_EU chip

many thanks and all the best

paul

Comment

Yes

Comment

Two

Comment

Hello, I would like to thank you all. with all the information here, I manage, with several tries, to put Lollipop 5.1.1 on a Starstream X4 2g/8g
                          It works with some minor issues.

1) I use AV port on my tv with the android tv box. The settings: NTSC 480 and the Screen Zoom 80% information are lost each time the device is shut down.
                          I don't know if there is a Startup app that i could program the clicks to get NTSC 480 on startup? Or something else I could do to fix it.

2) The remote that came with the box doesn't work. Thankfully, I have a Beelink gt1 ultimate and I use that remote to navigate with the modified
                          Startream X4

3) In order to shut down the device, I have to select (suspend) choice. Using the shutdown option reboots the device.

I welcome any suggestions to help me fix the tv box. Beside that, I'm happy, some apps that did not work under kitkat 4.4 now work great.
                          The device has now a second life.
                          Thanks to all your good work

Comment

I installed this rom https://probox2.com/category/probox2-ex-firmware-3/ all is working except power button and HDMI-CEC. Who knows hot to fix it. this problem in kernel or boot.img?
                            My Device: Tronsmart Vega S89-H [ROM] leolas 1.1.0

Comment

THANK YOU !!!!!!! you are Genius guys .. now my MXIII s802 from 2015 are a Renew. wifi 5ghz works flow bluethooh..etc etc fine ..only the hdmi CEC anD power for now..  but i m happy. ! 
                              Last edited by Dandan079; 12-08-2019, 03:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Dope101 View Post
                                just letting you guys know that lollipop works on this box,probably any s802 box for that matter.

the trick is to flash matricoms boot.img (pulled from their firmware) in TWRP after you flash a .img firmware with the USB burning tool.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1...ENxakpweFRaRHM

flash a S812 lollipop rom with USB burning tool
                                copy abduls TWRP recovery (k200) and matricoms boot.img to external SD card
                                load abduls TWRP recovery on external SD card with toothpick method
                                in TWRP flash image (boot.img) from external sdcard to boot
                                reboot

first load takes a while, but it will boot, be patient.

firmwares i tried that worked.
                                MXIII-G_101L1
                                MXIII-G_108L1_Tronsmart
                                Tronsmart MXIII Plus_102L1_150812

x8-h-plus-lollipop-rc2
                                boots,but WiFi,Bluetooth,Ethernet all dont work, so its useless
                                Okay Freunde, ich verstehe es nicht.

1. flash a S812 lollipop rom with USB burning tool

man soll ein S812 lollipop rom flashen, (aber welches wo bekommt man das her und wiso ist hier kein Link dazu?)
                                mit hilfe des USB burning tool, (und wider kein Link. Ich habe es dann mit Google versucht und Amlogic_USB_Burning_Tool_v1.2.8.0817 gefunden, ist dass das richtige?)

2. copy abduls TWRP recovery (k200) and matricoms boot.img to external SD card (TWRP recovery wo ist der Link?)

3. load abduls TWRP recovery on external SD card with toothpick method (was ist bitte die toothpick method?)

Wieso ist nicht alles zusammen in ein Link und warum ist die Anleitung so unverständlich?

Bitte um hilfe.

Comment

Working...
                                X