specs seem underwhelming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

specs seem underwhelming

I'm looking at replacing my rk3188, and I am deciding between the wetek, and the tronsmart s89. While I see there is tons of support for the wetek, the specs look awfully bad. Anyone have any comparisons??? Thanks

Edit.....I ordered one. Based on this forum, its not all about specs, but the software. Sounds like this is a real winner. Having christian troy on board is a bonus too.
    Last edited by suzook; 01-19-2015, 03:35.

Originally posted by suzook View Post
    Edit.....I ordered one. Based on this forum, its not all about specs, but the software. Sounds like this is a real winner. Having christian troy on board is a bonus too.
    +100

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I was right about the specs. Am I the only noticing the lag with this thing?

Comment

Originally posted by suzook View Post
        I was right about the specs. Am I the only noticing the lag with this thing?
        Suzook, about specs all is depend what you want to do
        Wetek select a compromisse to have DVB and Mediacenter in ONE, there is no miracles.
        Honestly support of WETEK is the best one that is in Market not comparable with Rockchip, however if you want to have a box just because says is quad/octa you should buy Allwinner or Rockchip and what you got is factory software. Than you should not buy Wetek, however if you want to have a box with great support + DVB in Full HD than Wetek is the box, actually Wetek for me works better in sense of performance with linux version (OPENELEC) that with Android.

Also wich Rockchip / Allwinner support Widewine for oficial apps? (no ONE!!!), neither AML afaik only Wetek have google license.

Besides i don't understand why Christian Troy is giving support to other AML like s805 that will b very soon replaced, funniest is AML is replacing S805 and not MX

Comment

My S805 work will work in all the S8 serie (and even in MX with the 3.10 kernel) so it's not wasted hours (and so many hours) of work
          WeTek Play
          Recoveries: CWM | TWRP
          Lollipop ROMs: CyanogenMOD 12 | OMNI | Android TV
          KitKat ROMs: CyanogenMOD 11 | OMNI | ParanoidAndroid | AOKP
          Misc: Unbrick WeTek Play

Comment

Originally posted by eltorodroid View Post
            Suzook, about specs all is depend what you want to do
            Wetek select a compromisse to have DVB and Mediacenter in ONE, there is no miracles.
            Honestly support of WETEK is the best one that is in Market not comparable with Rockchip, however if you want to have a box just because says is quad/octa you should buy Allwinner or Rockchip and what you got is factory software. Than you should not buy Wetek, however if you want to have a box with great support + DVB in Full HD than Wetek is the box, actually Wetek for me works better in sense of performance with linux version (OPENELEC) that with Android.

Also wich Rockchip / Allwinner support Widewine for oficial apps? (no ONE!!!), neither AML afaik only Wetek have google license.

Besides i don't understand why Christian Troy is giving support to other AML like s805 that will b very soon replaced, funniest is AML is replacing S805 and not MX
            I'm using latest wetek firmware and am quite happy. Box runs very nice.

Comment

Working...
            X