No announcement yet.

Did I waste my money??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know about DVB-T but look at DVB-C, it might help: DVB-C channel search

Comment

Take a look at this forum too: "Scan no data Error"

Comment

Originally posted by adoga View Post
        Check the TV Adapters section, maybe something is not right there.
        I don't know about DVB-T but look at DVB-C, it might help: DVB-C channel search
        Take a look at this forum too: "Scan no data Error"
        Well after two weeks iv done it lol lol I done everything the same apart from I used another pc
        Thanks for the tips I love my wetek even more now.
        Will all the channels be saved now or will I need to do that search thing every time
        Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
          Well after two weeks iv done it lol lol I done everything the same apart from I used another pc
          Thanks for the tips I love my wetek even more now.
          Will all the channels be saved now or will I need to do that search thing every time

They will be permanently saved on your SD card. But try to make a backup of your SD card to your pc with the program you used to create openElec.

I think that the path where tvh is saved can be found on the openElec share. use the windows explorer to browse for the share folder:

To access the smb shares of openElec take a look here: Access OpenElec SMB Shares

Comment

hello all

I have some questions for anyone that could answer me this.

I was looking at a few options for my apt. I want to add a DVR feat for local tv. Right now i have a MXIII running openelec and thought maybe for $20 to $30 i would grab a usb atsc turner and add it to the box and see how that ran. but then i thought maybe i would just get a HDhomerun and add it to my wall and then stream the channels to my MXIII

now the options for a HDhomerun will be around $70 to $120 depending on the one i want to get. the higher end model allows transcoding so i can watch tv live from anywhere.

Mostly i want to have DVR option for all local channels. I have a NAS 20TB so saving is not a big deal.
            I just kind of want to cut the cable a little here and everything it comes to i cant cut the cable due to other reasons.

The wektek looks nice as a standalone unit my main question is what models do people have here.
            and what OS are they running.
            OPENELEC i would think runs the best. i see that they offer some IPTV with the wektek box what channels are they offering with the membership.

can you restream a channel to another device like VLC
            how many turners does the ATSC unit have in it

My current cable is 1 DVR with 2 turner and it kind of sucks when my wife has something recording and then we cant flip channels and forced to watch something on one of the 2 tuners. so I want to be able to only record non local stuff off the CABLE DVR because then we would have a few extra options. during recording times.

Comment

Working...
            X