USA Time Warner Cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA Time Warner Cable?

So I am trying to figure out how to get my cable working.

Time Warner went all digital a year ago.
    So just to see, first I hooked my cable directly to the RF in. Did a range scan and it came up with no channels. FYI my TV works fine but of course only unscrambled stations work.

OK so I also have a box that converts TWC to analog for older TV's that don't do QAM. It send out on channel 3. Hooked that box to RF in, did a range scan and still nothing. Even tried changing the system settings from cable to antenna.

Maybe the tuner that came in my WeTek is not for USA?

Sorry for the n00b questions but first time having a tuner on a Android box.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

if its an atsc tuner its for north america if its dvb c-t/t2 its for europe

Comment

Best test is to grab an old set of rabbit ears. You may have one laying around some where. Or Big Lots, for about $5.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
        So I am trying to figure out how to get my cable working.

Time Warner went all digital a year ago.
        So just to see, first I hooked my cable directly to the RF in. Did a range scan and it came up with no channels. FYI my TV works fine but of course only unscrambled stations work.

OK so I also have a box that converts TWC to analog for older TV's that don't do QAM. It send out on channel 3. Hooked that box to RF in, did a range scan and still nothing. Even tried changing the system settings from cable to antenna.

Maybe the tuner that came in my WeTek is not for USA?

Sorry for the n00b questions but first time having a tuner on a Android box.

Bob
        What tuner do you have? The atsc will only tune ota channels, the dvb tuner only satellite channels. There are no cable tuners for this box.

Comment

It's like they all said ATSC for OTA and QAM for cable. Mostly android TV box is integrated with DVB that used for Europe and Asia. For US TV need ATSC/QAM tuner.

Comment

Originally posted by SpicySaturdayBoy View Post
            It's like they all said ATSC for OTA and QAM for cable. Mostly android TV box is integrated with DVB that used for Europe and Asia. For US TV need ATSC/QAM tuner.
            The atsc tuner that wetek provides does not tune qam. Atsc only.

Comment

As mentioned earlier by others, you will need a QAM tuner (and depending on service area, even that might work because TWC has started to encrypt all channels. No clear QAM.) The only way to get TWC channels on an Android device is through the TWC app (have to disable USB debugging). On a Windows TV box, you can get TWC channels with a USB cable card tuner box like HDHomeRun Prime, Ceton Infiniti or WinTV-DCR. You will also have to get a cablecard from TWC.

Comment

In the settings it says it's an ATSC tuner. They also sent me a SAT tuner but I do not have SAT.

I understand about QAM but as I said I have a digital convert that output's to channel 3. This is for TV's that wont support QAM. One of my TV's came from Korea and thus I have to use this converter box to watch TV on it. Again it's on channel 3 using this converter box.

When I hook this converter box to the WeTek it still wont find any channels not even channel 3.
                This should work from the converter box right?

Bob

Comment

In the settings it says it's an ATSC tuner. They also sent me a SAT tuner but I do not have SAT.

I understand about QAM but as I said I have a digital convert that output's to channel 3. This is for TV's that wont support QAM. One of my TV's came from Korea and thus I have to use this converter box to watch TV on it. Again it's on channel 3 using this converter box.

When I hook this converter box to the WeTek it still wont find any channels not even channel 3.
                  This should work from the converter box right?

Bob
                  Your digital adapter converts the signal to analog. So the ATSC tuner will not find the channel since it is an all digital tuner. You will need an NTSC tuner for that.

Is there a model# for the ATSC tuner that WeTeK has sent you?
                  Last edited by WeK05; 01-24-2015, 20:48.

Comment

Originally posted by WeK05 View Post

Is there a model# for the ATSC tuner that WeTeK has sent you?
                    The module has no model number on it that I see.

Bob

Comment

Bob
                      I would be really interested on how many channels you would get by slapping on a set of cheap rabbit ears.
                      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Bob
                        Hi Finless,

You try with OpenELEC 5.0.3 + tvheadend. I think you only try from WeTek Theater, android DVB app.

Comment

Working...
                        X