Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cccam suport

Hi guys,

Not bought the box yet I'm torn between this and the vigica c60. The vigica states cccam support but looks a little horrible (box and UI).

Is there anyway to get cccam working on this box? Apologies I'm a total noob at this. I know the Sky f3/5 boxes use cccam and they seem to work very well

Thanks in advance

You can connect to a cccam server (or setup one) using ostool that you will find in this same forum
    WeTek Play
    Recoveries: CWM | TWRP
    Lollipop ROMs: CyanogenMOD 12 | OMNI | Android TV
    KitKat ROMs: CyanogenMOD 11 | OMNI | ParanoidAndroid | AOKP
    Misc: Unbrick WeTek Play

Comment

Thanks for the speedy response, are you referring to the below lifted from another one of your posts? It seems straight forward but I have no experience with this kind of stuff. The most I've ever done is play around with the raspberry pi. Is it really as straightforward as that?

Steps:
      * oscam webui
      * readers
      * Add reader -> Reader name -> Protocol (cccam or whatever) -> Add
      * Device -> ip,port (remember this: ipCOMMAport)
      * User -> ...
      * Password -> ...
      * (in case it's a newcamd server) key -> 0102030405060708091011121314 (or whatever it is)

Comment

if you already know how to use oscam it's just like using on any other device
        WeTek Play

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianTroy View Post
          if you already know how to use oscam it's just like using on any other device
          I don't know much about oscam if I'm honest. Only started looking today. I can't seem to find an end to end tutorial for everything I need to do from the point of plugging the thing in. I'm familiar with kodi/open elec but thats about it.

The box looks perfect for an all rounder but if I can't get cccam working I might be better off buying another box.

Comment

cry under the table

what kind of snot?
            ostool works with wetek thater perfect with cccam account.
            the only negative at the moment is not working autostart.
            Should be conducted only account information nipples and enjoy watching.
            Do you have ссскам account as you entered it? if not then you need to buy it from sharing server.

«Сомалійська Наноелектроника та Космонавтика»
            1. VS-IP015 - Android Sat Receiver - g18ref_th2
            2. WeTek Play - Android Sat Receiver - g18ref

Comment

oscam is a joy to use, powerful for the advanced users and very easy for the novice

Is there still anyone using cccam binaries? Not kidding since I use oscam since it's beginning (it will be 5 years I guess, maybe more), I would not run something like that on a closed source binary but probably it's just me.
              WeTek Play

Comment

As I said I know very little I'm a total noob. I was visiting a relative and he's been using a box for a few years which uses cccam I assumed that was the main tech for this sort of thing.

Going to take the plunge tomorrow and buy it. Really appreciate all the help thank you. Please prepare for more questions (sorry). Never used android been an iOS user since the original iPhone. Never even entertained a different eco system until the raspberry pi came out. Thanks again

Comment

For a basic oscam setup as cccam client you just have to add a reader with the options that you got from that post of mine that you found. That will work, if you need further things, like caid priorities, etc. Younwill find plenty of stuff on oscam official wiki
                  WeTek Play

Comment

Finally got around to ordering the box and it should hopefully be delivered today.

In terms of things to do first/setup would it make sense to do the following?

1) Update rom - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...for-WeTek-Play

2) Setup PVR - http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...enELEC-5-0-RC3

3) Configure Oscam - Configure oscam via web gui

Does the above sound about right?

Thank you

Comment

Honestly I don't suggest you to use Lollipop, it's too heavy for the 8726MX CPU, it works but KitKat is smoother, a lot smoother.

Regarding the PVR, that stuff is only for OpenELEC or if you use the "experimental" cm11/12/atv build based on the 3.10 kernel that runs with the same drivers as OE that are fully dvbapi compliant and allows you to use tvheadend with kodi playback, otherwise there's WeTek Theater app for Live TV playback.

I'd start with the stock, using WeTek Theater and just installing OSTool.apk and setting up oscam from the webui. When you are more familiar with it you can try different roms

BTW: a stock KitKat rom is expected anytime soon
                      WeTek Play

Comment

Apologies, I've done some further reading and it appears ive misunderstood the purpose of tvheadend. I was under the impression that it was the only way to get tv channels.

Anyway box arrived and I've had a quick play, first impressions are fairly good. I've managed to scan some channels, surprised to see some free to air HD channels are scrambled.

I've managed to find a decent card sharing server so once I've installed ostools I'll give it go. thanks for all your help so far people

Comment

Yes, there's no much FTA stuff here either
                          WeTek Play

Comment

Guys, have just found the above posting regarding setting up cccam via OSTool and have couple of questions below -

Device - ?
                            User -cc username
                            Password - cc password
                            Question - Where do I enter the cc server details and port number

thanks
                            Last edited by Sammyano; 05-27-2015, 19:58. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by Sammyano View Post
                              Guys, have just found the above posting regarding setting up cccam via OSTool and have couple of questions below -

Device - ?
                              User -cc username
                              Password - cc password
                              Question - Where do I enter the cc server details and port number

thanks

On device

example

mydns.ip.org,34448

it's a , between them

Comment

Working...
                              X