Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WeTek remote control problems - Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WeTek remote control problems - Please help!

Hi all,

My WeTek Play is about three days old and have since been noticing some anomalies using the stock android or OpenElec Firmwares.

When using the remote control, it signals continuously until I press any button - you can imagine a situation where it simulates multiple presses that performs multiple actions. This happens randomly, in fact very often. I'm going nuts now because all the android boxes I have purchased till now its either the remote is broken or something weird happens that has something with the remote. But this case I am not sure if its the box or the remote.

Has anyone had this problem, if yes please! please!! tell me how you fixed it.

It should be fixed in latest development build of OE, so next regular build will probably include the fix. I guess that the stock KitKat update will have it fixed as well but I should inform myself about that
    WeTek Play
    Recoveries: CWM | TWRP
    Lollipop ROMs: CyanogenMOD 12 | OMNI | Android TV
    KitKat ROMs: CyanogenMOD 11 | OMNI | ParanoidAndroid | AOKP
    Misc: Unbrick WeTek Play

Comment

Thanks for your quick response! do you know when the next version or the kitkat one will be made available? can we do update then using the inbuilt WeTek Internet update ?

Comment

It will be an OTA (even if I will suggest you to do a factory reset after it because it's a very major update), I have any date right now but it's been actively developed
        WeTek Play
        Recoveries: CWM | TWRP
        Lollipop ROMs: CyanogenMOD 12 | OMNI | Android TV
        KitKat ROMs: CyanogenMOD 11 | OMNI | ParanoidAndroid | AOKP
        Misc: Unbrick WeTek Play

Comment

Thanks and I hope its gonna be soon!

Comment

Originally posted by adoga View Post
            Thanks and I hope its gonna be soon!

Fixed all.

Download .tar file and copy over samba to Update folder, reboot device and it will update openelec to that version.

RCU issues fixed.

Comment

The update actually didn't help with the RCU problem. But I got the CEC working on my tv so I now use my tv remote to controll it. In short, my hamony one+ does everything but that is only on OpenElec.

On the Android, the problem remains, but if they ever get CEC working for android it would be great too.

Thanks for the hint.

Comment

Actually, CEC is also working on the CM11/12 Android + TVHeadend versions. I use my tv remote now.

Comment

I have the same remote issue using openelec, would prefer to use my harmony remote though, didn't realise it was possible before your post. So I just find the option on my Samsung (this years model) to turn on cec and that then controls the WeTek? Does it pass anything other than channel and volume commands though?

PS does the WeTek remote not have an info button?

Edit: http://blog.stevenocchipinti.com/201...emote-in-kodi/

Should get me started
                  Last edited by fungusfeet; 06-08-2015, 00:58.

Comment

Working...
                  X