Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wetek Libreelec 9 Kodi 18 - Audio Passthrough missing entirely

Hello,

I just made a clean install of libreelec 9 with Kodi 18 and i no longer have passthrough audio.

The settings are missing and you can not enable the feature.

I have a WeTek Play 1 and it was working fine with version 8.2.5.

My setup is as follows:

* wetek via HDMI ---> TV

* Phillips DVD Player used as AMP via optical and HDMI ---> TV

With this setup I could hear both the TV and the WeTek out of the surround speakers of the
    Phillips
    DVD Player

No changes made to the settings of the TV and also no changes in the cabling.
    Also not in basic mode ( expert mode ) , sync Playback to Display is not selected and I don't have headphones connected.

I have done some research and it seems to be a KODI issue:

Passthrough Changes with v17

They have dropped support for passthrough for devices that might produce loud, uncomfortable noise that can harm your ears.

The solution seems to be to use KODI "shitty" build " that's what they call it " and that version does not conform with the new "safety" regulation.

Is there a libreelec version with the shitty kodi build ? if no can there be one ?
    is there any other solution to my problem that I may be not aware ?

Thanks

Chris
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Try to use CoreELEC instead.
    You also won't get HD Audio passthrough in Android Kodi with such an old device and old firmware.
    I would recommend to buy a new device instead since it was discontinued and doesn't receive new software updates and is over 6 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
      Try to use CoreELEC instead.
      You also won't get HD Audio passthrough in Android Kodi with such an old device and old firmware.
      I would recommend to buy a new device instead since it was discontinued and doesn't receive new software updates and is over 6 years old.
      From what I know CoreELEC does not support my device (AMLogic AML-8726) Wetek play 1

Comment

Working...
      X