Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RECOVERY][6.0.5.0] ClockworkMod Recovery for WeTek Play

Install instructions

* Power off your device and unplug the AC power cord.
    * Download the recovery zip (below you will find the up to date version).
    * Unzip the downloaded zip (you can delete the META-INF folder).
    * Copy the downloaded zip and the freshly unzipped recovery.img to a MicroSD card.
    * Now insert the MicroSD card in your STB.
    * Plug the AC power cord while you keep pressed the little reset pinhole (located on the bottom of the device) for 10 seconds (just count slowly to ten and it will be good).
    * The device should have booted to CWM recovery.

You can use the remote or a USB keyboard (if it was plugged in before you booted to recovery, it's not plug & play while in recovery) to navigate in the various menu entries.

If you wanna flash CWM to your NAND storage you can flash the downloaded zip from "Install zip" menu entry (choose "from /external_sd" sub-menu since the zip is on the MicroSD).
    Now the STB will boot to CWM even if you remove the MicroSD or if you delete recovery.img from it.

Downloads

* CWM v6.0.5.1 for WeTek Play

Screenshots

Credits

* Koush and CyanogenMOD for this wonderful recovery; you can get more informations about it here
    Last edited by ChristianTroy; 01-13-2015, 08:17.
    WeTek Play
    Recoveries: CWM | TWRP
    Lollipop ROMs: CyanogenMOD 12 | OMNI | Android TV
    KitKat ROMs: CyanogenMOD 11 | OMNI | ParanoidAndroid | AOKP
    Misc: Unbrick WeTek Play

Reserved for later use
    WeTek Play

Comment

New minor version with a couple of things fixed:

- it won't bother anymore regarding su permissions when rebooting (they are correct the way they are and don't need to be touched)
      - before rebooting the recovery will check for eventually mounted partitions and will unmount them before actually performing the reboot (this will prevent an eventual corruption of the file system)
      - add support for secondary ext partition used by link2sd, from advanced menu you can partition your microsd card to create the dedicated partition required by link2sd and nandroid backup will backup / restore it if present (rom support for link2sd will be added with my next lollipop builds, on lollipop you already have the native android move2sd function in case you have a microsd plugged in but that method has to be supported by the app, while link2sd can move everything)
      WeTek Play

Comment

thanks a lot for work.
        «Сомалійська Наноелектроника та Космонавтика»
        1. VS-IP015 - Android Sat Receiver - g18ref_th2
        2. WeTek Play - Android Sat Receiver - g18ref

Comment

You're welcome
          WeTek Play

Comment

Thanks

Cheers for your work, I decided on this for recovery.
            Seems to work sweet, although I tried reboot from recovery and it didn't.
            All good, no complaints here.

Comment

What do you mean? The first voice in the main menu to reboot the system? It works... I wouldn't release it if something basic like that wouldn't
              The only "reboot to something" that doesn't work is "reboot to bootloader" from advanced menu since there's not a fastboot mode
              WeTek Play

Comment

All good

My apologies bro.
                I should have been sure before I posted, I have had pretty limited time on this box, been trying to squeeze in time in between family duties, lol.

Anyway much respect to you.
                When I came across your support on this device I didn't hesitate to get one.

Cheer bro

Comment

Don't you worry Just it does made my jump on my chair I could have never released a recovery that doesn't reboot :P
                  WeTek Play

Comment

Hi friend thank you for your work! but I'm new in this world and my first android Android and wetek play!
                    I'm having trouble doing this because I'm out of space in memory!
                    What should I do first? I have to download the app and configure?
                    I'd do it step by step because my initial knowledge when it comes to this subject and zero! Thank you very much your help!
                    Sorry about my English

Comment

To set up link2sd you have to format the card (you can do it from cwm itself, from advanced section), then you need a rom that has support for link2sd, like my CM11 build.
                      WeTek Play

Comment

Originally posted by ChristianTroy View Post

Install instructions

* Power off your device and unplug the AC power cord.
                        * Download the recovery zip (below you will find the up to date version).
                        * Unzip the downloaded zip (you can delete the META-INF folder).
                        * Copy the downloaded zip and the freshly unzipped recovery.img to a MicroSD card.
                        * Now insert the MicroSD card in your STB.
                        * Plug the AC power cord while you keep pressed the little reset pinhole (located on the bottom of the device) for 10 seconds (just count slowly to ten and it will be good).
                        * The device should have booted to CWM recovery.

You can use the remote or a USB keyboard (if it was plugged in before you booted to recovery, it's not plug & play while in recovery) to navigate in the various menu entries.

If you wanna flash CWM to your NAND storage you can flash the downloaded zip from "Install zip" menu entry (choose "from /external_sd" sub-menu since the zip is on the MicroSD).
                        Now the STB will boot to CWM even if you remove the MicroSD or if you delete recovery.img from it.

Downloads

Screenshots

Credits

* Koush and CyanogenMOD for this wonderful recovery; you can get more informations about it here
                        My apology if sound dump, I have download this rom, and managed to get to Webtek cwm recovery screen, so I click on reboot system now but it boot into Wetek default android screen, obvious I have missed a step, I simply want to boot to Openelec and get a feel for how it perform and later switch back to android.
                        Can someone pls assist thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello. The link is dead. Can anybody reload the recovery file?

Comment

Hi please update links or someone else upload the recovery
                            My Works @XDA:
                            AVD Rom Xperia J The Way Stock Should Be
                            Pre Root Xperia J 4.12
                            Deodex Xperia L
                            Deodex Xperia Z kitkat
                            Stock Xperia Icon's For CM11

Comment

Working...
                            X