Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM][5.0.2] Unofficial Omni Rom for WeTek Play

Release notes

* This is not a bug, but a consequence of the switch to art from dalvik: first boot, updates and apps installation will take longer; this happens because art compiles the apk and does not work like dalvik that was using a just-in-time approach (so expect almost 10 minutes for the first boot and future upgrades)
    * Probably few minor things might not be as stable as the stock ROM, in case report it and I will try to fix it.

First install instructions

* As really first thing install one of the available customs recoveries (CWM or TWRP)
    * Power off your device and unplug the AC power cord.
    * Get the latest available ROM and GAPPS version from the links below and copy them to a MicroSD card.
    * Now insert the MicroSD card in your STB.
    * Plug the AC power cord while you keep pressed the little reset pinhole (located on the bottom of the device) for 10 seconds (just count slowly to ten and it will be good).
    * Once the device has booted to recovery perform a factory reset and flash the ROM's zip for first followed by the GAPPS zip.
    * Reboot and enjoy Omni.

Update instructions

* Get the latest available ROM and GAPPS version from the links below and copy them to a MicroSD card.
    * Now insert the MicroSD card in your STB.
    * Enable "Developer options" following this tutorial.
    * Bring up power menu by keeping pressed the power button on the STB for a couple of seconds (or pushing F5 if you have a keyboard plugged in) and select "Reboot -> recovery".
    * Once the device has booted to recovery flash the ROM's zip for first followed by the GAPPS zip.
    * Reboot and enjoy your updated Omni.

Downloads

* ROM 2015-01-15
    * GAPPS 2015-01-07 (LITE)
    * GAPPS 2014-11-09 (FULL)
    Last edited by ChristianTroy; 01-15-2015, 18:05.
    WeTek Play
    Recoveries: CWM | TWRP
    Lollipop ROMs: CyanogenMOD 12 | OMNI | Android TV
    KitKat ROMs: CyanogenMOD 11 | OMNI | ParanoidAndroid | AOKP
    Misc: Unbrick WeTek Play

Older builds

* ROM 2015-01-12
    * ROM 2015-01-11
    * ROM 2015-01-09
    * ROM 2015-01-07

Misc Stuff

* When an app forces the portrait orientation, the default behavior is to simulate a portrait / phone-like UI adding black bars to the sides (an example is Antutu when it runs the benchmark, or Box.com). If you prefer to have a landscape stretched UI flash this zip. To revert to the default behavior flash this one instead.
    Note that the setting will persist even if you upgrade the ROM so you have to flash that zip only once.
    * When you press power button on the TV box or the AirMouse, the default behavior of the device is to perform a shutdown and enter a suspension state (the status LED will turn red) and when you will power it on again, it will have to boot from scratch.
    If you find it annoying you can flash this zip (it will have to be flashed after each rom upgrade) that will turn off box's video output but it will mantain it active for background tasks (the LED will stay, in fact, blue) and powering it on will take just a second (the same as it happens on an Android phone or tablet for example)
    Last edited by ChristianTroy; 01-15-2015, 18:04.
    WeTek Play

Comment

New build, if you flashed yesterday's build do a factory reset.

* ROM 2015-01-07
      * GAPPS 2015-01-07 (LITE)
      WeTek Play

Comment

* ROM 2015-01-09
        WeTek Play

Comment

This build includes a kernel that I've built from sources, disabling an option that was hogging the cpu when a network service was binding on the localhost interface (hopefully all the other things will keep working, I don't know how far it is respect the kernel used by latest WeTek OS roms, in case I'll ask for updated sources).
          Acestream, for example, was unusable because of this, now it works like a charm (tested under Kodi 14.1 RC and latest P2P-Streams, right now SopCast shipped with that addon doesn't work with Lollipop)
          Included CEC settings under Settings -> WeTek Settings, untested because I have any cec capable device. It should work because it's just a matter about writing some stuff to the proper sysfs file and let the kernel handle it.
          Re-introduced the display sleep timeout, setting it to a value different than "Never timeout" will trigger daydream (the screensaver), that you can customized from its settings.

* ROM 2015-01-11
          WeTek Play

Comment

Final fix for the zoom in issue on WeTek Theater. I tried to be nice, but I had to do it the hard way... now it won't happen anymore, it's practically impossible (I hope!!)

* ROM 2015-01-12
            WeTek Play

Comment

Added support for link2sd if you wanna use it prepare a microsd card using the new cwm (be careful, all data on it will be destroyed) and install link2sd from play store
              Added ethernet settings to set a static ip (you can access it from "Other" network settings menu), if you use Ethernet, turn off WiFi or it will try to join the network (Lollipop has integrated a much better ethernet service, in fact I'm not using Amlogic's anymore, but it could be better like toggling WiFi on/off when eth cable is plugged in/out, in case I'll give it a look if I can do something for it, I had already to change some things that were broken on Amlogic)
              Other minor things

* ROM 2015-01-15
              WeTek Play

Comment

Working...
              X