No announcement yet.

MXQ Amlogic S805 Quad-Core Cortex-A5 Mali-450 Quad-Core

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script checks for "ro.product.device" & yours is hd18q, update expects m201(generic name for amlogic s805 boxes). Maybe it's not for hd18q. You could try, if box is rooted, modifying build.prop ro.product.device or modify updater-script & resign, rezip package. If you decide to flash do so at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by csgabe View Post
      META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script checks for "ro.product.device" & yours is hd18q, update expects m201(generic name for amlogic s805 boxes). Maybe it's not for hd18q. You could try, if box is rooted, modifying build.prop ro.product.device or modify updater-script & resign, rezip package. If you decide to flash do so at your own risk.
      OK! Changed package to "hd18q" from "updater-script"

Finding update package...
      Verifying update package...
      Signature verification failed
      Installation aborted.
      Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comment

Sound good to me!
        I will try it again shortly! Will see!

Thanks!

Comment

Hi guys newbie i have a ott tv box Mxq and it looked a bit laggie (slow) so me being me i put the MXQ Red firmware on it though didn't know if it would brick it but worth a try, bingo work`s ok BUT the remote now doesn't work but the MXQ Red does and remote fixes out they so i can use the MXQ Red firmware?

Thank Paul

Comment

Yes, copy old remote.conf from /system/etc to new /system/etc overwriting remote.conf. You need root.

Comment

will the old config file still be on the flashed box sorry newbie, so find the old remote config on flashed box yes?

Thanks csgabe for your reply

Comment

Hi csgabe found the remote config but it will not copy over?

Comment

done it all works but will not turn off the box and blue light crap lol thanks so much for your help cheers once again

Comment

I bought this box, and I am trying to get the right firmware. I have tried different firmwares. I have tried USB burning tool as well as SD card method with various firmawares but no luck. Using SD card method it gives a bunch of mount failed errrors ...etc with USB burning tools it always stops at 2%. The box looks the same as in this post but the remote is different. Below is the link to the box. Seller has not been very helpful.

Any help is appreciated thank !

Comment

Working...
                    X