EM6Q-MXQ Version 2014 11 04 Firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yotsuya View Post
    Thank you! I looked everywhere for that, couldn't find it.
    You've made my day!
    Does it solve the Networking issues?
    Can you please share!
    Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by LeMinh View Post
      Does it solve the Networking issues?
      Can you please share!
      Thanks!
      Yes, the network issues are solved with this firmware. The firmware is linked in post #28.

Comment

Originally posted by Compos View Post
        Yes, the network issues are solved with this firmware. The firmware is linked in post #28.
        I'm unable to flash it, due to errors like "signature verification failed"! My hardware can installs successfully any Stock ROMs, except still gets Networking problems as mentioned earlier! I'm about giving up

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comment

Don't give up. I had those problems as well. I had to change a few things and remove verification checks to get the firmware to install on my MXQ. Here's what I ended up with. It has the XBMC data folder removed to make the download smaller and I replaced the boot and bootloader images with working ones for my box.

Comment

Don't give up. I had those problems as well. I had to change a few things and remove verification checks to get the firmware to install on my MXQ. Here's what I ended up with. It has the XBMC data folder removed to make the download smaller and I replaced the boot and bootloader images with working ones for my box.

http://mab.to/6vCEdFRYt
            Great! It is installed and ran fine now! However, it failed Root-Checker! Any thoughts, so that we can Root it likes on the Stock ROMs?
            Thanks again!

Comment

I've just installed this on mine. http://www.freak-tab.de/finless/s89_root_update.zip
              Looks like it works OK.

Comment

I've just installed this on mine. http://www.freak-tab.de/finless/s89_root_update.zip
                Looks like it works OK.
                Oh yeah! Good to know! I will try it out later when I get home!

Edit: It works!
                You just made my Date!
                Thanks!
                Last edited by LeMinh; 03-22-2015, 00:20.

Comment

I see that someone has linked to this rom on the mediabox forums. It looks like Mediaman is going to use it as the base for a custom rom.

Comment

I see that someone has linked to this rom on the mediabox forums. It looks like Mediaman is going to use it as the base for a custom rom.
                    I see! As for me - we need a better Custom ROM for it, due to pretty poor performance!
                    Any thoughts?

Comment

What performance problems do you have? My only niggle is the loss of the blue LED.

Comment

Poor Performance!

What performance problems do you have? My only niggle is the loss of the blue LED.
                        My box shows Power LED OK (not RED)!

Poor Performance!
                        • GUI Slow responds to Remote -> 2x slower than Gbox MX2 dual cores Box
                        • Poor TCP/IP Buffers - gets only 25% of total bandwidth, verified by Speedtest for LAN or it is always capable at 16Mbps or below!
                        • CPU Frequency default (Min/Max) too low like always runs at < 700Mhz x4 CPUs!
                        • AnTuTu benchmark is about 15K which is about 2x slower than any M8 series!

Could you or anyone, please help confirm it on your Box?
                        Any other ideas?

Note: The Stock ROM has better performance, except Networking issues nearly useless!
                        Last edited by LeMinh; 03-26-2015, 21:33.

Comment

No play store. Try this

Comment

Originally posted by gale View Post
                            https://mega.co.nz/#!rV0RRCzT!dosN5w...KZlWcDDkeIwIjQ but no wi fi and remote

Comment

How can I force the mxq into recovery?
                              After flash box working ok but I am unable to get it back into recovery mode?

Comment

I don't have this problem but you could root the rom and then install the Petrus Reboot app.

Comment

Working...
                                X