Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Q] Need help rooting and init.d support for MXQ

Hi all,

I'm having trouble rooting and add init.d support on the stock rom for the MXQ. I have tried different methods using the android kitchen. But when i try to boot, it gives me a boot loop.
    What is the right way to include root (SuperSU) and init.d? Any help is appreciated

Kit kat is pretty easy. Find amlogic customization tool. Add lines for init.d to init.rc as well as root. 2 steps to root KitKat. If you take apart update.zip for root and read script it should be obvious. There is a thread here somewhere going into detail. I have notes but on my pc if interested
    Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Thanks for your reply, the problem is that i have a rom zip file. How can i convert it to a .img file?

Comment

Find a stock img that is similar. Unpack first level and replace boot.img from your zip rom. pack it back. Then unpack all the way make change to boot then pack again. Unpack again to first level and pull boot.img. create update.zip with necessary images then flash stock. Then flash your update.zip. did I just blow your mind
        Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Okay, I found something similar, but the things you are talking about at the root tab (i believe 3 boxes) are unable to click. Do you have notes for that?

Comment

Can you rephrase. If you need an img. Use the one for mk808b plus 109. 111 has a data file to fight with.

Comment

I'm using the OTT MXQ (HD18Q) to be exact. I mean the buttons under the advanced tab for rooting are "greyed out". I can provide you a screenshot if that makes more sense.

Comment

I was talking about the customization tool.

Comment

Working...
                X