OTT MXQ S805 V2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OTT MXQ S805 V2

Hi, I am new in this community. I have this OTT MQX S805 device. I need a stripped down android rom to run a particular app. I dont need anything else.

The main board says: S805Q_V2.0
    Wifi module RLT8188ETV

Any luck? I have the same board and similar need

Comment

+1
      I tried to flash ROM with USB burning tool. but it turned out is was wrong ROM. I didn't knew that there are so many versions of this boxes. Afrer I oppened it I found that it is the version from the first post.
      Now I am stuck on the boot logo showing for a few seconds and then device halts so I also need ROM img file to make it back to life.

Comment

Goran give me a sec to find the link, or at least on my machine. There's one on ChinaGadgetReviews that doesn't have issues with WiFi or IR remote operations

Comment

I'm still on the hunt for my original, but here's one that works for now. LED will remain on whether powered up or not. Only issue I can find aside from RAM not being fully detected. Also testing some other steps/firmware another user suggested. Let you know how that goes

Comment

Not sure why the link was truncated. Use this instead

https://mega.nz/#!wdVDUYAC!TNnxJpRgc...C3AdDO9mJq6JbU

Comment

Here's another that works...

Comment

Thank you very much for your effort! Very strange thing happened...I thought that my box is soft-bricked, and I made bootable SD card with firmware you provided, put the SD card in the box, and booted with reset button pressed. I was expecting that the box will enter recovery mode, but it booted into system?! I have tried the same before about 20-30 times with no results. Apart beeing strange looking ROM, it works.

But I was unable to flash the first ROM you gave me because it is older version than current. I think I have tried that same ROM before with same results. Because of that I tried to force flash ROM with USB Burning tool and after trying numerous ROMs i ended up to bricked (so I thought).

I will try now to flash this second ROM and I will inform you of the results.

Thanks again!

Comment

Good to hear. Let us know the outcome of the 2nd

Comment

Originally posted by clnupman View Post
                    I was able to successfully flash quoted ROM in the standard way with BootcardMaker > SD card > recovery mode approach. Thank you very much for the ROM!

It's not like original ROM that came with device, but it is working fine. I will try to find the original, maybe very soon because I know some people that might have it. I will post it here if I find it.
                    Cheers.

Comment

Glad I could help.

Comment

Finally I got the original firmware, and it is in img flashable file

Here it is: https://mega.nz/#!axEy0ZTL!R3BDNB3L7...G_ni807zWxdBy8

Cheers!

Comment

Wow!
                          Definitely a new one I haven't seen before just off filename. Does the LED return to red/off, blue/on status? Can you detail datecode/keys info? Also, there's a pinned post where everyone's compiling info on these boxes...might wanna post it there also. Here's the link==> http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...ones-directory

Comment

The ROM is working good for now, I haven't had any issues, but I'm not using it daily, only occasionally for testing some software. It goes to sleep with blue LED going off and red turning on.
                            I will post this ROM with images of the mainboard and remote, but I don't know what do you mean by datecode/keys and where I can find them.

EDIT:

Figured out that you maybe think of mainboard details: S805Q_V2.0 with date 2016.08.11, RTL8188ETV wifi chip.
                            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

With regard to datecode/keys, I'm talking about within the Android OS. If you go into Settings...About Tablet(within Android seetings) or Settings and click the last tab(Mbox launcher), the Kernel and testkeys version, the latter which has a date in it.

Also, thanks for clarifying the datecode on the board; couldn't tell if it was 03 or 08 for the month.

EDIT:

Nevermind....i see that you posted the info in the other post. Thanks. The ROM you found is newer than what was on my box, but I think yours is more appropriate. I'm getting ready to test it out shortly

Comment

Working...
                              X