Finless 1.0 ROM for the Minix X6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finless 1.0 ROM for the Minix X6

Hey folks..... A little Neo X6 love coming your way.

This is my 1.0 ROM for the Neo X6. It is made for the latest X6 stock ROM dated 12/25.

PLEASE NOTE!
    Minix changed the keys in recovery for the X6 and thus if you try to flash using the stock recovery in NAND, you will get a signature verification error! Therefor I have provided a modified recovery.img in this ZIP package. You must use this from SDcard! It will not work on a USB disk or memory stick.
    AML devices on first boot look on SDcard for a recovery.img if it doesn't find one it will boot recovery from NAND memory.
    So make sure you put my modified recovery on SDcard! You will know you are booted into my modified recovery as it will say "Finless Unlocked Recovery" at the top of the recovery menu.

Features of my Finless ROM 1.0

1) This erases NAND /data so YES you lose all data! Sorry I must do this for clean up!

2) It roots the ROM properly.
    Let me tell you Rooting on Kitkat in the ROM itself gets harder all the time to do it correctly and not using scripts!
    Once again due to changes with SuperUser and SU with SELinux, it was more difficult to root the ROM
    so it did not need to update the SU binary on firt boot! Enjoy...

3) It debloats the ROM of all those pre-installed APPS. This includes Airplay and Minix XBMC!
    The reason I removed them is because Minix XBMC may still have bugs and some don't use airplay at all.
    I have given you those APPs in a folder called Removed_Apps in this Zip so you can install them yourself if you like.

4) I removed useless system apps.
    Note: Minix had several APKs in /system/app that do not even work! Prime example is Gmail APP.
    Sometimes I wonder why they stay so behind in this area.

5) I updated what APPs are left including Google Play and all the Google framework.
    As of this release, everything is updated so when you logon to Google Play nothing needs updating.

6) Minix messed up Google calendar again. APK was there but did not work.
    Also because they are still using a old Google Core, contacts sync messes up after update.
    This is all fixed.

7) I fixed Google+ (plus) and Google Music APPs so you can install and use these direct from the play store!
    You do not need to use the old Google Music Minix provides.
    Google+ now shows up in the Play Store where on stock ROM it would not. Even side loading the APK it would not work.

8) Installs a cleaned up the AOSP launcher and puts more useful things in the doc bar.

9) I give you a TWRP recovery! Yes this flashes a TWRP recovery to NAND.
    This TWRP is modified using the X6 recovery keys and it will install Minix Stock X6 ROM ZIPs!
    Build.prop in this TWRP is also from the stock Minix recovery so again it will flash Stock X6 ZIP files.
    However, understand how recovery works.
    If you put a recovery.img on External SDcard the box will boot that recovery instead of TWRP in NAND.
    In this package I give you a stock recovery flasher.
    This ZIP will install the stock recovery to NAND if you don't want TWRP and I also give you TWRP recovery flasher if you want to put TWRP back in NAND.
    Again please note as above! Flashing the stock recovery you cannot use it to flash TWRP or any of my other ZIPs.
    You must use a recovery on SDcard that I provide in my package or you will get signature verification failures!

10) I give you build.prop spoofer ZIP updates in this download!
    One will switch build.prop to emulate a Nexus 10.
    The other one will switch you back to a NEO-X8H-PLUS.
    You can use these back and forth and they do not erase anything!
    Please note: You may want to clear the cache and data on the Google Play Store, Google Play Services after switching!
    To do this, go into settings/apps scroll over to ALL and click on each and clear cache and data.
    You know you did it right if the next time you run Google Play it asks you to accept terms.
    NOTE: The new FOTA updater will still work with the nexus build.prop.
    I did not modify the FOTA section of build.prop.
    BUT REALIZE, depending on the OTA update from Minix, this may bust my ROM and take you back to stock!

11) Did a little "theming" this time. Hope you like it. Also Themed the Metro launcher
    12) Other tweaks and mods I do for my ROMs.
    13) Updated the boot logo to show if your booting up in 1080 or 720.

DO NOT just copy this download ZIP to SDcard and expect it to work!
    UNZIP it and read the README for instructions!

ROM -> Minix Neo X6 - Finless 1.0 ROM (414 megs)

Enjoy!
    Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 12-31-2014, 13:15.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

sorry bob

But this link ain't working either. Maybe your just working too hard take a break brother. Every time I turn around there's a new master finless ROM lol

Comment

Link fixed.

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hi, Bob!
        1. You can install this firmware MXQ S85 ???
        2. Or convert this firmware on the universal? You my asking such a question.
        3. If this is not possible now, when you will be able to transform the firmware to get out in MXQ in MINIX X6 ???
        Thank you for your response and your work !!!

Comment

Does this rom solves problem with external HDD power off on standby? described here on official minix forum - http://www.minixforum.com/threads/ex...standby.10101/

Comment

Hi

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
              Hey folks..... A little Neo X6 love coming your way.

This is my 1.0 ROM for the Neo X6. It is made for the latest X6 stock ROM dated 12/25.

PLEASE NOTE!
              Minix changed the keys in recovery for the X6 and thus if you try to flash using the stock recovery in NAND, you will get a signature verification error! Therefor I have provided a modified recovery.img in this ZIP package. You must use this from SDcard! It will not work on a USB disk or memory stick.
              AML devices on first boot look on SDcard for a recovery.img if it doesn't find one it will boot recovery from NAND memory.
              So make sure you put my modified recovery on SDcard! You will know you are booted into my modified recovery as it will say "Finless Unlocked Recovery" at the top of the recovery menu.

Features of my Finless ROM 1.0

1) This erases NAND /data so YES you lose all data! Sorry I must do this for clean up!

2) It roots the ROM properly.
              Let me tell you Rooting on Kitkat in the ROM itself gets harder all the time to do it correctly and not using scripts!
              Once again due to changes with SuperUser and SU with SELinux, it was more difficult to root the ROM
              so it did not need to update the SU binary on firt boot! Enjoy...

3) It debloats the ROM of all those pre-installed APPS. This includes Airplay and Minix XBMC!
              The reason I removed them is because Minix XBMC may still have bugs and some don't use airplay at all.
              I have given you those APPs in a folder called Removed_Apps in this Zip so you can install them yourself if you like.

4) I removed useless system apps.
              Note: Minix had several APKs in /system/app that do not even work! Prime example is Gmail APP.
              Sometimes I wonder why they stay so behind in this area.

5) I updated what APPs are left including Google Play and all the Google framework.
              As of this release, everything is updated so when you logon to Google Play nothing needs updating.

6) Minix messed up Google calendar again. APK was there but did not work.
              Also because they are still using a old Google Core, contacts sync messes up after update.
              This is all fixed.

7) I fixed Google+ (plus) and Google Music APPs so you can install and use these direct from the play store!
              You do not need to use the old Google Music Minix provides.
              Google+ now shows up in the Play Store where on stock ROM it would not. Even side loading the APK it would not work.

8) Installs a cleaned up the AOSP launcher and puts more useful things in the doc bar.

9) I give you a TWRP recovery! Yes this flashes a TWRP recovery to NAND.
              This TWRP is modified using the X6 recovery keys and it will install Minix Stock X6 ROM ZIPs!
              Build.prop in this TWRP is also from the stock Minix recovery so again it will flash Stock X6 ZIP files.
              However, understand how recovery works.
              If you put a recovery.img on External SDcard the box will boot that recovery instead of TWRP in NAND.
              In this package I give you a stock recovery flasher.
              This ZIP will install the stock recovery to NAND if you don't want TWRP and I also give you TWRP recovery flasher if you want to put TWRP back in NAND.
              Again please note as above! Flashing the stock recovery you cannot use it to flash TWRP or any of my other ZIPs.
              You must use a recovery on SDcard that I provide in my package or you will get signature verification failures!

10) I give you build.prop spoofer ZIP updates in this download!
              One will switch build.prop to emulate a Nexus 10.
              The other one will switch you back to a NEO-X8H-PLUS.
              You can use these back and forth and they do not erase anything!
              Please note: You may want to clear the cache and data on the Google Play Store, Google Play Services after switching!
              To do this, go into settings/apps scroll over to ALL and click on each and clear cache and data.
              You know you did it right if the next time you run Google Play it asks you to accept terms.
              NOTE: The new FOTA updater will still work with the nexus build.prop.
              I did not modify the FOTA section of build.prop.
              BUT REALIZE, depending on the OTA update from Minix, this may bust my ROM and take you back to stock!

11) Did a little "theming" this time. Hope you like it. Also Themed the Metro launcher
              12) Other tweaks and mods I do for my ROMs.
              13) Updated the boot logo to show if your booting up in 1080 or 720.

DO NOT just copy this download ZIP to SDcard and expect it to work!
              UNZIP it and read the README for instructions!

ROM -> Minix Neo X6 - Finless 1.0 ROM (414 megs)

Enjoy!
              Bob
              Could you please make an lollipop ROM for the X6 please. Android Nougat is released, but i just want Lollipop ROM working on my Minix X6. Or could you port Minix U1 rom for the X6. I think it will be possible because both X6 and U1 are Amlogic based Tv player

And because you are master in making rom for tv box.

Thank you veryyyy much
              Last edited by huyhuyvu01; 09-05-2016, 14:37. Reason: Reason: Lollipop only

Comment

Working...
              X