Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MK808B Plus Review - Quadcore & H265 for under $50

Hi all,

I'm love Kodi and am interested in running it on Android devices due to their economical price and low power requirements. I purchased the MK808B Plus from Geekbuying and thought I'd share a review of the device with you. Let me know what you all think.

MK808B Plus Review: We review the MK808B Plus, a tiny quadcore Android PC for under $50. Is this device the media powerhouse it purports to be?

It covers benchmarks, physical and user interface reviews and lots of photos.

I’ve also posted an unboxing video here:

I'm pretty impressed with the MK808B Plus with its excellent media support and capability for some light gaming. It's pretty cool to have a quadcore processor and H.265 support for under $50. have a Let me know if there is anything else you would like me to test/other benchmarks below and I'll update the review on my site.
    Last edited by Darkscythe; 12-03-2014, 04:35. Reason: Easier to maintain up-to-date review at 1 location
    Come visit Home Theatre Life for the latest reviews!
    Read the Latest Article: Nexbox A95X Pro Review - Android TV for under $40!

Originally posted by Darkscythe View Post
    Hi all,

I'm love Kodi and am interested in running it on Android devices due to their economical price and low power requirements. I purchased the MK808B Plus from Geekbuying and thought I'd share a review of the device with you. Let me know what you all think.

MK808B Plus Review: We review the MK808B Plus, a tiny quadcore Android PC for under $50. Is this device the media powerhouse it purports to be?

It covers benchmarks, physical and user interface reviews and lots of photos.

I’ve also posted an unboxing video here:

I'm pretty impressed with the MK808B Plus with its excellent media support and capability for some light gaming. It's pretty cool to have a quadcore processor and H.265 support for under $50. have a Let me know if there is anything else you would like me to test/other benchmarks below and I'll update the review on my site.
    Have you done any videos of this device up & running also have you found any custom roms you can use on it.
    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

I was planning on doing a video review in the next week. What would you be interested in seeing running?

With regards to custom roms, keep posted on my site - there will be news soon but nothing available just yet.

Comment

I was planning on doing a video review in the next week. What would you be interested in seeing running?

With regards to custom roms, keep posted on my site - there will be news soon but nothing available just yet.
        Just the overall speed of the device start up & shut down speed ect
        Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

I would be interested in seeing how it handles Miracast..

Comment

Originally posted by cdoty View Post
            I would be interested in seeing how it handles Miracast..
            I tested Miracast last night from an S4 in both SD and HD settings over wifi. It played fine with only the occasional breakup during some games (but not complete loss of picture). Other than that, it worked pretty smoothly.

Comment

- Is Netflix working smoothly?

- MAME emulator with bluetooth controller is fast enough ?

- H265 videos are played smoothly?

- H265 videos over wifi ?

Thanks a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by xitpu View Post
                - Is Netflix working smoothly?

- MAME emulator with bluetooth controller is fast enough ?

- H265 videos are played smoothly?

- H265 videos over wifi ?

Thanks a lot!
                I don't have access to Netflix although some people are saying that it stutters although it seems to be more bandwidth than anything.

N64 works fine with a Moga Pro so MAME should be fine.

H.265 videos definitely play fine (see my review for the sample I used)

Over wifi I haven't tested, but shouldn't be an issue. I'll migrate my test files to my server for future testing but I can't see why it would be an issue. Wifi bandwidth seems to be the biggest issue I've noticed with 1080p streams buffering regularly.

Comment

MK808B Plus Review - Quadcore & H265 for under $50

If my router is in another room but 15 feet away, through a wall, will it stream hd fine? Basically how is the wifi...? And Dlna ability? I'm really looking at this to buy but streaming wirelessly is a little important. Of local content, don't care about Netflix at this point in time

Comment

mk808b plus with external usb keyboards

Hi all,

I'm love Kodi and am interested in running it on Android devices due to their economical price and low power requirements. I purchased the MK808B Plus from Geekbuying and thought I'd share a r $50. have a Let me know if there is anything else you would like me to test/other benchmarks below and I'll update the review on my site.
                    I have purchased one too, fully expecting my msft natural usb keyboard to work with it, as it has with my phone and two other tv boxes. I have tried everything I could find and so far nothing has worked.

Does the mk808b plus work with usb keyboards in general?

Has anyone used the msft natural 4000 with it?
                    TJ (iparaglide)

Comment

If I remember good,I have seen in a stock 109k4 rom an option in keyboard setting where there was possible to sellect a hardware keyboard..check it

Comment

Is anyone successfully using the MK808b plus with any hardware keyboard?

Originally posted by Telewest View Post
                        possible to sellect a hardware keyboard..check it
                        Done and done, but it did not change anything. It does seem possible to create conflicts between different installed keyboard apps, but even disabling them all does not get the physical keyboard to work.

In the ROM I found a list of keyboards designated with names like
                        VendorxxxxProductxxxx.kl I even created a new one for the
                        msft keyboard Vendor_045e_Product_00db.kl But it still doesn't work.

The original questions stand. Is anyone successfully using the MK808b plus with any hardware keyboard? Is anyone successfully using the MK808b plus with the Msft Ergonomic Natural 4000 keyboard in particular?
                        Thanks, TJ

Comment

so I have just tried a classic usb keyboard (Genius KB-110X) and it's working without a problem(doesn't matter if the hw keyboard is enabled in that setting menu)
                          ...it's connected via a powered usb hub.. are you connecting it directly via the normal usb port or via the mini otg one?

Comment

Originally posted by Telewest View Post
                            so I have just tried a classic usb keyboard (Genius KB-110X) and it's working without a problem(doesn't matter if the hw keyboard is enabled in that setting menu)
                            ...it's connected via a powered usb hub.. are you connecting it directly via the normal usb port or via the mini otg one?
                            Thank you very much for testing it out! That means it is clearly something wrong with my hardware/software and not a "feature."

I've tried both usb ports. The big one and the OTG with adapter. I have been through the original stock ROM 104K to 109K and now Finless 1.1

I guess it's back to the drawing boards. I can't do what I want to do without a real keyboard and I haven't figured out if there is a UART onboard that I can attach a pl2303 converter to. I looked at the board, but it wasn't obvious.

Thanks again! TJ

Comment

Hello! Logitech K400r also works close to 95% of keys out of the box!
                              Must say, works on LiteBox Spanish Rom, You can find it here:

Look inside, maybe they have included other drivers, or ask there to the developers!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X