MxQ s805 wifi problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MxQ s805 wifi problem

I bought 2 mxq tv boxes, when I put in the wifi password and press ok it switches off onto the google tv boot up screen and keep flashing on and off.

I reflashed the box with latest firmware buts it still having the same issue can anyone help me out that had similar problem? Thanks.

Hi,
    Sadly there are more then 1 device named "mxq" with a "s805" chip
    Here are a few... (Pictures)

So, what device do you have?
    Where did you get/downloaded the firmware?
    On what ch is your router?
    Have you tried other routers.. Did the same problem occurred?

Comment

did you ever find a rom for this? I have the same issue

Did you ever find a decent ROM to fix this issue? I have a similar box from Sourcingbay and the wifi and ethernet interfaces are not working after flashing an MXQ rom.

Originally posted by Eri View Post
      I bought 2 mxq tv boxes, when I put in the wifi password and press ok it switches off onto the google tv boot up screen and keep flashing on and off.

I reflashed the box with latest firmware buts it still having the same issue can anyone help me out that had similar problem? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by horvak View Post
        Did you ever find a decent ROM to fix this issue? I have a similar box from Sourcingbay and the wifi and ethernet interfaces are not working after flashing an MXQ rom.
        No luck with wifi just have to use them wired not a bad thing I suppose but not good for reselling.

Comment

I have the black box on the right-hand side.
          Same issue - wifi keeps dropping.
          It does connect but after a while it drops and I need to re-connect.
          WIFI Signal strength is good .
          Any help would be great.

Comment

@washburn
            This rom will fix your wifi problem.

Last edited by Compos; 04-17-2015, 17:11. Reason: Dead Link Updated

Comment

Worked a treat - thanks for all your help.

Comment

Compos, could you please upload the file again. I´ve been googling like crazy trying to find a solution. Thanks!

Comment

Mediaman made a custom rom based on this firmware: http://www.mbox.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=378

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell4you View Post
                    Hi,
                    Sadly there are more then 1 device named "mxq" with a "s805" chip
                    Here are a few... (Pictures)

So, what device do you have?
                    Where did you get/downloaded the firmware?
                    On what ch is your router?
                    Have you tried other routers.. Did the same problem occurred?

Hey, I've been trying to get the MXQ boxes to work with Kodi 14.2 stable (the ones with the red MX band on one corner & little Q tail off the center top power button. It comes from China with Android 4.4.2 build #109k4 and Oman's 3.10.33 kernel dated Dec. 31, 2014). Some good things about these boxes & some bad. I'd really like to get rid of unnecessary Android bloatware. The version of Kodi they come with is 13.2. I believe those wee Oman's Gotham build. I've tried installing 14.2 stable but the boxes keep reloading xbmc 13.2 and other apps I uninstalled.

I'd really prefer to dump the Android OS completely & run OpenElec on them, but I'd settle for a good custom ROM that can run Kodi 14.2 stable.

Will the custom ROM listed here work on these boxes? I'll take other suggestions, too.

Comment

@silvanet

Kszaq is doing an excellent job here http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...mk808b-and-mxq

Comment

Hello everybody
                        Is it possible to connect mobile phone with MXq, which apps would you need to take?
                        Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by Compos View Post
                          @washburn
                          This rom will fix your wifi problem.

hello my friend, (http://mab.to/GKSgvDYU9) this link is down. Could you pass me the link again? tank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo_sm View Post

hello my friend, (http://mab.to/GKSgvDYU9) this link is down. Could you pass me the link again? tank you very much
                            Of course link is down
                            This thread is 7 years old
                            Post are from 2015

Throw away

Comment

I know the device is old but I got it cheap, maybe you have the file saved on some floppy disk :-) .
                              thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                              X