No announcement yet.

NEW - MK808B-Plus - Finless ROM 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thinking of getting one of these sticks to replace my atv1200 which can be a bit unstable sometimes and support has been dropped for it.

Has anyone here upgraded from an atv1200? I'd plug in my usb Ethernet adapter so hopefully that's nice and stable!

Also, does the this rom have the ability to enable ART runtime in the Dev options like on my Sony mobile with 4.4.4?

cheers

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
      Settings/display position
      I don't want to distort the screen, how to set the appropriate resolution 4:3 format, for example, 800:600 or 1024:768 or 1280:1024?

Comment

Originally posted by jonbus View Post
        EDIT:
        Big duuuuhh for me, fail of the forum...just set my tv to Wide screen and not to 4:3...

Thanks Bob for your always awesome ROMs, I´ve following you since I bought my MK808B, now I have the MK808b plus with your latest ROM off course.

But I have a big problem: my TV is a 1366x768 resolution 720p LCD and the MK808BPlus displays "outside" my TV, I mean, it´s like it´s zoomed and comes out of the screen. I´ve:
        - Checked it´s 720@60hz
        - The display calibration doesn´t let me go below 80%.
        - I´ve change const.window.H and W in build.prop to 1366x768 and rebooted, but keeps the same.

Any clue?
        On your TV change the display settings. Something like "original signal".

Comment

Originally posted by skanavy View Post
          I don't want to distort the screen, how to set the appropriate resolution 4:3 format, for example, 800:600 or 1024:768 or 1280:1024?
          Try post#66 with your TV resolution

Comment

Originally posted by mike77 View Post
            Finless rom 1.0 and stock 107k4 use 1080 kernel.
            in build.prop we have:
            const.window.w=1920
            const.window.h=1080

Finless rom 1.1 and stock 109k4 use 720 kernel.
            in build.prop we have:
            const.window.w=1280
            const.window.h=720
            thx

Comment

Just got a stick. I was able to flash 1.0. Now I am trying 1.1 . I extracted on root of sd card but still I cant get to flash android screen. As OP says about recovery , do I need to change recovery that came with rom? Will appreciate if someone can help me to flash 1.1. Currently running 1.0 fine.
              Thanks in advanced

Comment

Please help.I am stuck on finless 1.0 .No matter what I do still its boot in to 1.0.
                I tried so far: 1 : sd card method and reset---- its still boot straight to rom 1.0
                Removed param update ----- use update app and browsed 1.1 , its reboot and never
                flashed and went straight in to 1.0 rom
                Removed param update update --------- used rebooter app and went to recovery and tried
                to flash 1.1 but its throwing error.
                Is anyone have 107 firmware that came with it. May be I will try to go stock and start over with finless 1.1 .
                I know may be a user error lol but still so frustrating.
                Thanks
                Edit: I noticed OP says 403 mb but my download was 394 mb

Edit: was able to flash 1.1 and its just a bootloop. Went back to 1.0 and bootloop again. Any hints?
                Last edited by gotojanoo; 01-31-2015, 16:42.

Comment

Are you using recovery.img from package ?

I flashed from stock rom using first method without any trouble.
                  Plasma: Panasonic TX-55ST60E
                  HTPC: LC-Power 1320mi :: Sapphire PURE WHITE Fusion E350 :: 4GB DDR3 :: SSD Corsair Nova 2 [SO] :: 4TB [Storage] || Android PC: Minix X5
                  powered by Win7 :: XBMC Gotham :: SABnzbd :: CouchPotato :: SickBeard

Comment

Originally posted by redglory View Post
                    Are you using recovery.img from package ?

I flashed from stock rom using first method without any trouble.
                    Yes i was using recovery from 1.1 package . Now its bootloop No matter what 1.0 or 1.1 or stock.

Comment

ROM Flash solution

Originally posted by hal9 View Post
                      First Thanks for the reply Bob.
                      After some reading and experimenting I finally got your 1.1 rom installed.
                      I removed the recovery image and it booted into TWRP and I was able to install your 1.1 rom.
                      I don't know why it would not use your recovery because I was able to use it to install your 1.0 rom
                      And a BIG thanks for including TWRP in your rom
                      Sent a little something for all your great work.
                      Just got my first ever stick and could not flash Bob's 1.1 rom with any of the methods suggested in the readme file. Followed what you did and it flashed no problem. Thanks for that.

Comment

Thank you very much

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                        Here is my 1.1 ROM for the MK808B-Plus.
                        Thank you very much for this Bob. This is my first media stick, and the stock rom was naff, poor picture quality poor sound, your ROM healed me. Now all I have to do is work out what the hell "Android" is and how to use it.

Comment

You do not have root access permission.

I managed to use the Reboot app, to shut down my stick, once, there after every time I try to open the app i get a message informing me I "do not have Root access permission" or very similar. I know absolutely nothing about Android so I do not have a clue how to get "Permission" which I appear to have had once. Could some one point me in the right direction, because just pulling the plug out of the socket does not seem to me to be a good way of shutting down an operating system and i do not leave any thing plugged in 24 hrs/day other than the fridge freezer.

Any assistance would be most welcome.

PS
                          If this is in the wrong section just move me on.

Comment

Originally posted by dee50 View Post
                            I managed to use the Reboot app, to shut down my stick, once, there after every time I try to open the app i get a message informing me I "do not have Root access permission" or very similar. I know absolutely nothing about Android so I do not have a clue how to get "Permission" which I appear to have had once. Could some one point me in the right direction, because just pulling the plug out of the socket does not seem to me to be a good way of shutting down an operating system and i do not leave any thing plugged in 24 hrs/day other than the fridge freezer.

Any assistance would be most welcome.

PS
                            If this is in the wrong section just move me on.
                            Open superSU in the app draw, Click on the reboot app, now on the right had side access should be set to grant,,save & exit
                            Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

fix to the 720p resolution problem?

Sorry for my bad English. Has anyone managed to fix the 720p resolution problem?. My TV displays 1080p@60Hz, but the "screen resolution & density" app says 1280x720. And youtube let me just videos at 720p.

Comment

SOO Eaasy when you know how

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                                Open superSU in the app draw, Click on the reboot app, now on the right had side access should be set to grant,,save & exit
                                Thank you. I spent ages looking in various dark corners, I had no idea SUPERSU was not just a mis spelt version of Super Soup.

Comment

Working...
                                X