Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antutu test

Hello!
    Can anyone do AnTuTu test with this Finless ROM?

Thank you very much!

Comment

Bob, first let say thanks for the ROM:-) great work.
      I was just reading arround the forum and saw your fix for minix deep sleep, waking up with ir remote issue.
      Is it possible to port that fix to mk808b plus? Or any other device? i got a beelink R89 which have the same problem.
      Thanks,

Comment

No sound with MINIX A2 air mouse

thanks for the ROM, connecting minix a2 no sound.
        The sound works fine with other devices connected
        Is there any solution?

thanks

sorry for my english
        Last edited by skynet137; 02-23-2015, 23:30.

Comment

Video Streams not full Screen

Hi I have installed Bob's 1.1 Rom on a MK808BPlus together with SPMC 14.1.

All is ok until a stream opens and it is not full screen. The video is in the top left of the screen at about 30% size.

I have checked all video settings in Android and SPMC and all are set for 1008 50hz.

This happens on all streams running from several TV an Movie Addons.

Anybody experienced this?

Changed to standard Kodi 14.0 and the video is full screen as normal.
          Last edited by jeffben; 02-28-2015, 13:07. Reason: update

Comment

Originally posted by jeffben View Post

All is ok until a stream opens and it is not full screen. The video is in the top left of the screen at about 30% size.

I have checked all video settings in Android and SPMC and all are set for 1008 50hz.

yes I have same result you must go to setting and change to 720p and you have full screen
            just with spmc...

Comment

ipRemoteControl ipRemoteControlService

There are two services that run that allow google tv remotes to pair with the mk808b plus.

IpRemoteControl is the process and IpRemoteControlService. It seems that these crash on occassion for me. I can't determine exactly why it happens but I know that it's only under certain circumstances.

I've read a little bit about auto starting services and I wonder if when these are selected to run under mbox settings if maybe the START_STICKY flag isn't sent? That would at least auto restart.

If this only happened once a week, I would be ok. But it's every time I run Google Play Music and You Tube for Tablets and then on other random occassions it stops.

My alternative question is there an android app that helps to manage services? One that will make sure one is running and restart it if it's not? Could this be done from cron via busyBox/ssh?

I am very happy with the finless ROM and I don't think this issue is related directly to this ROM but the base ROM or even that this service is cared for much/not really used by many? That would surprise me.

I am doubtful that I will get an answer to this here - in the meantime, I am trying a different power supply that possibly the processor is under powered and causing the often crash.

Comment

Originally posted by skanavy View Post
                I have nothing against finless, but I need remove the inscription "MK808B PLUS". In previous versions this was not.
                So why do you want to use my ROM and change it?

Are you trying to use it to sell boxes with my ROM on it?

Bob
                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju Å¡to čine"
                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I do have a couple questions about this as i am very new to the scene and new to this device ... does this rom have a way to power off or anything like that??? and i guess this is the better rom for the mk808b plus???

and does Kodi run proper with this .. as the stock fw i have on there .. i have noticed that when superuser gives permission to Kodi it crashes now and then .. then have to restart and its fine

Thanks for all the help

Comment

There are plenty of apps to power OFF the device, and Bob is usually integrating the reboot app - look in the app drawer.

I haven't noticed any unstable apps, never had the chance to test kodi though...

Comment

Does this work with MK809 Plus? I've heard the only difference is that 809 has dual-band WiFi.

Comment

Originally posted by Amish View Post
                        Bob, first let say thanks for the ROM:-) great work.
                        I was just reading arround the forum and saw your fix for minix deep sleep, waking up with ir remote issue.
                        Is it possible to port that fix to mk808b plus? Or any other device? i got a beelink R89 which have the same problem.
                        Thanks,
                        Bump! Sorry for pushing this again.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffben View Post

It's SPMC 14.1 bug, it's incorrectly messing with coordinates in "axis" file (at /system/class/video/axis).Until new SPMC build is released I'm "fixing" the issue by setting read-only permissions for that file on every reboot of my MK808B+, before I play something in SPMC for the first time after reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by shamanNS View Post
                            It's SPMC 14.1 bug, it's incorrectly messing with coordinates in "axis" file (at /sys/class/video/axis). I'm "fixing" the issue by setting read-only permissions for that file on every reboot of my MK808B+, before I play something in SPMC for the first time after reboot.

shamanNS , im curious how are you setting read-only permissions on reboot.

Usually use `Root Explorer` to change permissions, which are permanent.

Comment

Root Explorer. Something is definitely re-setting those permissions on device reboot. Maybe the official XBMC or Kodi (I have 3 of them installed, XBMC v13, official Kodi and SPMC v14.1) if it autostarts on device boot... because I've noticed on first start Kodi calls for SuperSU and changes permissions for several files including axis one. SPMC doesn't do that.

I haven't really spent much time watching movies & series on my MK808b+ and XBMC/SPMC because audio and video are never 100% in sync and it annoys me.

Comment

Originally posted by shamanNS View Post
                                It's SPMC 14.1 bug, it's incorrectly messing with coordinates in "axis" file (at /system/class/video/axis).Until new SPMC build is released I'm "fixing" the issue by setting read-only permissions for that file on every reboot of my MK808B+, before I play something in SPMC for the first time after reboot.
                                I changed from SPMC to Kodi 14.1 and all OK now.

Comment

Working...
                                X